Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LATEST SCORE : Boris Johnson 0-194 Sir Keir Starmer 12:41 - May 6 with 14668 viewsMaySixth

Boris Johnson : “International comparisons are not being made”

Keir Starmer : “Here is a slide from last night showing the government making international comparisons”

Silence.

(FIVE)
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:50]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:29 - May 6 with 1115 viewsChurchman

I never understand why they show that slide, the one about people who have been confirmed as having it (what about all those who’ve had it and not been recorded?) or most particularly the ones about transport use. If I’ve been in my car I’ll know. Or on the train come to that. Why should I care if somebody else is in theirs? Bully for them.

The only slides that show anything worthwhile are the trends on numbers admitted to hospital and ITU bed take up. That boring monologue at the beginning of each briefing is a yawn too. And as for the journalist questions, they drive me spare. The public ones have been better. Thank goodness for the ‘off’ button.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:30 - May 6 with 1108 viewsNotSure

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:26 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

See, there are posters like you, who at a time when people are seriously worried and suffering hardship and loss, decide to come on here and troll and wind people up. It's a very weird thing to do, I have no idea what would motivate them to do so, and there isn't an never ending reservoir of sympathy and patience out there for you people. It's running dry.

Like I said to you in the other thread. Try contributing to the forum positively, you might get a different reaction. There are people on here who are extremely worried right now, and they don't need to be reading your 'hilarious' shoiteposting about hosting BBQs, and how the summer will make all this go away so let's all just head out and get together. Keep it up and you can probably expect a hostile reaction.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 14:29]

We haven't had a BBQ this year so no idea what that is about.

There was a forum post asking how people are obeying the lockdown, I replied saying we weren't obeying.

I also think the current lockdown is wrong and that it should have been partially lifted weeks ago. No trolling, no winding people up.

What do you mean by "contributing positively".
Is that another term for agreeing with the majority?
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:30 - May 6 with 1107 viewsPhilTWTD

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:23 - May 6 by Gipeswic

And I thought this was for Football posts Phil?

I've moved it.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:32 - May 6 with 1096 viewsfactual_blue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:15 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

Not sure these posts add much to the debate. Perhaps this could be the last. Feel free to debate points, however.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer by r2d2 6 May 2020 14:04
#cobynitebumfluff

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:33 - May 6 with 1083 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:19 - May 6 by BloomBlue

It's 3 weeks in its what happens in the next 4 & half years which counts, Corbyn did OK in his first few outings and to be fair he often did OK at PMQ's, Starmer's biggest problem is the Labour party and how it's going to react over the next 4+ years in terms of infighting, can he control that.
He did ok recently on the Andrew Marr show until Marr asked him should we push-back EU discussion beyond the end of the year given the virus and he immediately jumped on the fence and wouldn't give a yes/no, remember that was Corbyn's problem an inability to give a decision on a key topic

Fair points.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:34 - May 6 with 1085 viewsSpruceMoose

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:30 - May 6 by NotSure

We haven't had a BBQ this year so no idea what that is about.

There was a forum post asking how people are obeying the lockdown, I replied saying we weren't obeying.

I also think the current lockdown is wrong and that it should have been partially lifted weeks ago. No trolling, no winding people up.

What do you mean by "contributing positively".
Is that another term for agreeing with the majority?

Have a read of this. Not saying you should chip in, but it might give you an idea of how some people view this forum. Stop trying to undermine that.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these by StokieBlue 21 Apr 2020 15:57
TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL66L&source=url

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:34 - May 6 with 1082 viewsSwansea_Blue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:46 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

That was a bit of an own goal but 0-3 shoreline flatters the opposition.

Would personally be more supportive of Sir Kier, and his shadow cabinet, if they came up with positive suggestions.

That shoreline is certainly making waves

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 15:39 - May 6 with 1035 viewsEwan_Oozami

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:59 - May 6 by Darth_Koont

Centrists are the worst.

Stumbled on to this the other day:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/opinion/international-world/centr

It rings pretty true.

Those aren't Centrists, they are light-right-wing wannabees.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:00 - May 6 with 991 viewshochiblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:27 - May 6 by factual_blue

Biggest village green in the country. I played football there in 1969 and again in 1970. You could really put the ball in Row Z and beyond if you needed a breather!
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:04 - May 6 with 990 viewsBlueBadger

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:46 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

That was a bit of an own goal but 0-3 shoreline flatters the opposition.

Would personally be more supportive of Sir Kier, and his shadow cabinet, if they came up with positive suggestions.

I think it's a bit like the average Championship team facing us last season - most people didn't have to work very hard to get oe over on us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:04 - May 6 with 990 viewsLeaky

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:24 - May 6 by r2d2

#leftiebumfesttimeagain

Give them a break they haven't had a great deal to cheer about. Wait till we deal with the EU on WTO terms this site will go melt down.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:10 - May 6 with 990 viewsBlueBadger

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:19 - May 6 by BloomBlue

It's 3 weeks in its what happens in the next 4 & half years which counts, Corbyn did OK in his first few outings and to be fair he often did OK at PMQ's, Starmer's biggest problem is the Labour party and how it's going to react over the next 4+ years in terms of infighting, can he control that.
He did ok recently on the Andrew Marr show until Marr asked him should we push-back EU discussion beyond the end of the year given the virus and he immediately jumped on the fence and wouldn't give a yes/no, remember that was Corbyn's problem an inability to give a decision on a key topic

No he didn't. His first PMQ was an hour of 'I have a letter from Mrs Trellis in North Wales'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:21 - May 6 with 977 viewsBlueBadger

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:04 - May 6 by Leaky

Give them a break they haven't had a great deal to cheer about. Wait till we deal with the EU on WTO terms this site will go melt down.

Highest death toll in Europe and rising by BlueBadger 5 May 2020 15:06
It IS weird isn't it, how 'winning' is much, much more important to these headbangers than huge numbers of preventable deaths through incompetence and dithering, a crashed economy further held back by a hard Brexit and massive, systematic undermining of public services over a decade of ideology driven austerity policies which have contributed to our poor response to this.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:22 - May 6 with 976 viewsjas0999

Starmer is a vast improvement on Corbyn (couldn’t be worse in my opinion). Giving Labour hope for the future.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:25 - May 6 with 973 viewsBlueBadger

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:00 - May 6 by Ryorry

KS' incisiveness has immediately exposed how wasted the years of JC's "leadership" were.

Yes, but blue tory or some other such b0llocks..

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:43 - May 6 with 959 viewsLeaky

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:21 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Highest death toll in Europe and rising by BlueBadger 5 May 2020 15:06
It IS weird isn't it, how 'winning' is much, much more important to these headbangers than huge numbers of preventable deaths through incompetence and dithering, a crashed economy further held back by a hard Brexit and massive, systematic undermining of public services over a decade of ideology driven austerity policies which have contributed to our poor response to this.

Who mention winning.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:47 - May 6 with 952 viewsSpruceMoose

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:43 - May 6 by Leaky

Who mention winning.

I know you're a town fan, but people don't generally cheer losing do they?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:00 - May 6 with 947 viewsm14_blue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:00 - May 6 by Ryorry

KS' incisiveness has immediately exposed how wasted the years of JC's "leadership" were.

Yep, Boris is utterly dreadful, he can barely string a sentence together and, without the braying sycophantic simpletons behind him, he was so exposed it was hard to watch, I almost felt sorry for him.

And this is the man that Corbyn failed to land a glove on despite any number of open goals (excuse the mixed metaphors).
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:03 - May 6 with 948 viewsBlueBadger

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:43 - May 6 by Leaky

Who mention winning.

That whole 'let's see how smug you lot are when the already knackered economy is further crippled by making 45%+ of our trade more expensive and difficult, lol losers' thing was a bit of a hint that you're more interested in being on the side that 'won' rather than actually what's best for the people.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:04 - May 6 with 941 viewsSpruceMoose

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:03 - May 6 by BlueBadger

That whole 'let's see how smug you lot are when the already knackered economy is further crippled by making 45%+ of our trade more expensive and difficult, lol losers' thing was a bit of a hint that you're more interested in being on the side that 'won' rather than actually what's best for the people.

Ruining the country to own the libs. #winning

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:19 - May 6 with 929 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:00 - May 6 by m14_blue

Yep, Boris is utterly dreadful, he can barely string a sentence together and, without the braying sycophantic simpletons behind him, he was so exposed it was hard to watch, I almost felt sorry for him.

And this is the man that Corbyn failed to land a glove on despite any number of open goals (excuse the mixed metaphors).

Don't blame Corbyn for that.

Its Sam Matthews's fault. Or Isreal's. Or the voters'.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:21 - May 6 with 932 viewsTrequartista

Is that helping the national fight against the virus or is that political point-scoring?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 18:21]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 19:53 - May 6 with 902 viewsnoggin

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:04 - May 6 by Leaky

lol

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 21:13 - May 6 with 873 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it some sort of tradition thing that the PM refers to members of the house as the right honourable member but the leader of the opposition as simply "him"?

His body language and phraseology towards Starmer was similar to that of Hancock towards the female MP he attempted to bully earlier in the week.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 21:36 - May 6 with 856 viewsEwan_Oozami

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:04 - May 6 by factual_blue

boris always sounds like a schoolboy who hasn't done his Latin homework (or prep to Etonians) and is trying to weasel out of it with a pathetic excuse and a cheeky grin.

I think he genuinely believes the world is like Greyfriars (those who don't know what Greyfriars is can look it up).

Cripes!

The Owl of the Remove...

When I was living in London being indoctrinated by the ILEA, I used to read the Greyfriars and Jennings books and think what is all this, my school's nothing this, who are these strange creatures?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024