Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? 12:50 - May 6 with 856 viewsunstableblue

Is this to stop fans congregating outside stadiums during matches?

It can't be to level up the games, as they were being played home and away anyway.

Its not clear from the news articles

Many Thanks

Confused from East Anglia

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 12:52 - May 6 with 849 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

1. Less venues to ensure that relevant safety measures are in place
2. Similar to above less venues to clean etc
3. Stop fans congregating
4. Presumably fixtures would be scheduled in a way that minimises travel etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 12:53 - May 6 with 850 viewsEly_Blue

You were indeed correct with your first sentence.

This was very apparent from the PSG game that happened behind closed doors before the lockdown.

Let’s hope there are no Man Utd games in London then! You’d think they will be ok to play games at Old Trafford though as no Utd fans actually come from Manchester do they?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:40 - May 6 with 771 viewsFtnfwest

alright what about:
1. When play behind closed doors is at least possible conclude this seasons League (at the correct stadiums), FA Cup, next seasons League Cup and next seasons FA Cup all before say December (the only downside is that if that starts in August say, we'll still be out of the cups and with no chance in the league by mid August anyway!)
2. A more sensible aim with next seasons league would be to start in December and just play league games from there to next May (accepting that for the first month it might still be behind closed doors). Maybe keep the cup final till end of season as well.
3. UEFA can dictate to us who plays in their competitions (they will anyway).
4. Sack off 1-3 as a bad idea and finish the season now (which would still be the best outcome. Just give the scousers the title if they start moaning).
Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:42 - May 6 with 765 viewsElderGrizzly

There was an idea being floated of taking games to Australia? Shows the level of desperation for money if true
Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:46 - May 6 with 756 viewsRadlett_blue

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:40 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

alright what about:
1. When play behind closed doors is at least possible conclude this seasons League (at the correct stadiums), FA Cup, next seasons League Cup and next seasons FA Cup all before say December (the only downside is that if that starts in August say, we'll still be out of the cups and with no chance in the league by mid August anyway!)
2. A more sensible aim with next seasons league would be to start in December and just play league games from there to next May (accepting that for the first month it might still be behind closed doors). Maybe keep the cup final till end of season as well.
3. UEFA can dictate to us who plays in their competitions (they will anyway).
4. Sack off 1-3 as a bad idea and finish the season now (which would still be the best outcome. Just give the scousers the title if they start moaning).

The PL has its own, money-driven agenda, which is to complete the league games & fulfil its broadcasting contract. Same goes for next season. Without that money, the clubs are all bust pretty soon. If they stop playing their players, they can sue them or demand free transfers (not that there will be many football clubs throwing money around).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:53 - May 6 with 739 viewsFtnfwest

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:46 - May 6 by Radlett_blue

The PL has its own, money-driven agenda, which is to complete the league games & fulfil its broadcasting contract. Same goes for next season. Without that money, the clubs are all bust pretty soon. If they stop playing their players, they can sue them or demand free transfers (not that there will be many football clubs throwing money around).

Yes just thought this might be another way of doing that, but filling up the rest of 2020 with what they would regard as less important cup games during the period there's likely to be no fans.
Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 14:30 - May 6 with 701 viewsRadlett_blue

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 13:53 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

Yes just thought this might be another way of doing that, but filling up the rest of 2020 with what they would regard as less important cup games during the period there's likely to be no fans.

I don't see any need to complete this season's FA Cup (especially as the Budgies are involved). UEFA will be desperate to complete the Champions' League, again to secure TV revenue. Most of the cups could be sacrificed next season plus the dreaded "international breaks" but UEFA will oppose that. The biggest problem will simply be playing football in empty stadiums (if the health concerns can be allayed) & will fans tune in to watch it?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 14:36 - May 6 with 685 viewsHipsterectomy

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 14:30 - May 6 by Radlett_blue

I don't see any need to complete this season's FA Cup (especially as the Budgies are involved). UEFA will be desperate to complete the Champions' League, again to secure TV revenue. Most of the cups could be sacrificed next season plus the dreaded "international breaks" but UEFA will oppose that. The biggest problem will simply be playing football in empty stadiums (if the health concerns can be allayed) & will fans tune in to watch it?

FA Cup 2019/2020: winners ???

that's another one for their honours list

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 14:37 - May 6 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Enlighten me - what is the neutral venues thinking for Premier League? on 12:52 - May 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

1. Less venues to ensure that relevant safety measures are in place
2. Similar to above less venues to clean etc
3. Stop fans congregating
4. Presumably fixtures would be scheduled in a way that minimises travel etc

Ta.

Although point 4 might be a rather large assumption given our FA. Odds on Wembley would be used for the northern clubs!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024