Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe I'm thick 17:37 - May 6 with 4724 viewslongtimefan

.... but how can there be any sense in any relaxation of the lockdown when there seems to be no significant reduction in the daily new cases of infection. The rolling 7 day average is still around 5000 cases, not dissimilar to where it was on 9th April.

*The first part of question is rhetorical- I am!
Maybe I'm thick on 17:44 - May 6 with 3069 viewsSpruceMoose

The easy and cynical answer is that those in power must see some political advantage from relaxing the lockdown, and a political disadvantage in keeping it intact.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 17:46]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think the sensible way to look at it is..... on 17:44 - May 6 with 3094 viewsBloots

…..that whilst the average number of new cases is not decreasing hugely, the number of tests has increased.

So the proportion testing positive has decreased, but the numbers haven't.

In terms of deaths todays figure is 18% lower than last Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday.

Stay positive.

Stay home.

Wash your hands.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 17:45]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:48 - May 6 with 3063 viewsBlueBadger

I think the sensible way to look at it is..... on 17:44 - May 6 by Bloots

…..that whilst the average number of new cases is not decreasing hugely, the number of tests has increased.

In terms of deaths todays figure is 18% lower than last Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday, which was a decrease on the previous Wednesday.

Stay positive.

Stay home.

Wash your hands.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe I'm thick on 17:49 - May 6 with 3065 viewsr2d2

I just this minute said the same to my mrs. How can we come out of lockdown with these figures? How are we any further forward than we were 3 weeks ago? Suddenly everything is go for people to start getting out and about. Its purely an economic reason lm guessing. Lives appear to be cheap. Looking at all the data, no way should we be easing lockdown.
Maybe I'm thick on 17:51 - May 6 with 3055 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe I'm thick on 17:49 - May 6 by r2d2

I just this minute said the same to my mrs. How can we come out of lockdown with these figures? How are we any further forward than we were 3 weeks ago? Suddenly everything is go for people to start getting out and about. Its purely an economic reason lm guessing. Lives appear to be cheap. Looking at all the data, no way should we be easing lockdown.

Trigger warning: foreigners, experts, facts, Boris Johnson being incompetent

https://www.newstatesman.com/2020/05/uk-not-past-peak-coronavirus-says-eu-agency

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:53 - May 6 with 3025 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:48 - May 6 by BlueBadger

When the football is so much better? You must be mad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I think the sensible way to look at it is..... on 17:53 - May 6 with 3041 viewsSarge

I think the sensible way to look at it is..... on 17:44 - May 6 by Bloots

Stay positive.

Stay home.

Wash your hands.

Yes, the number of cases detected by NHS testing is roughly 2k a day whereas at the peak it was about 5k. I’d also assume the NHS testing capacity has increased so the proportion of positive tests must have fallen quite a bit. Add in the non-NHS testing which has ramped up significantly in the last week or so and that’s where most of the new cases are coming from.

So they were probably there before and in higher numbers than now but weren’t tested.
Maybe I'm thick on 17:57 - May 6 with 3021 viewsLeaky

Probably media pressure. The government need to ignore the press they seem to be trying to take over the agenda. They started pressuring the government to increase testing, then it was care homes now its the death rate. At the end of the day, PPE as with other essential items was ordered on just in time deliveries just like the rest of the world. When the whole world decides they want it now supplies are going to stretched. Its the same with testing equipment. Plus we are a very densely populated country.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe I'm thick on 17:58 - May 6 with 3010 viewsr2d2

Maybe I'm thick on 17:51 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Trigger warning: foreigners, experts, facts, Boris Johnson being incompetent

https://www.newstatesman.com/2020/05/uk-not-past-peak-coronavirus-says-eu-agency

Well, one thing is for sure there are plenty of experts on here. Before this l never knew we had so many scientists and professors with expert knowledge on all this on this site. Just shows what being shut up for 6 weeks turns some people into. Even the real experts would be shocked at the true knowledge of some Town fans on here, they are all wasted at their office desks on a daily basis it would seem.
Maybe I'm thick on 17:59 - May 6 with 2986 viewsmonytowbray

Maybe I'm thick on 17:57 - May 6 by Leaky

Probably media pressure. The government need to ignore the press they seem to be trying to take over the agenda. They started pressuring the government to increase testing, then it was care homes now its the death rate. At the end of the day, PPE as with other essential items was ordered on just in time deliveries just like the rest of the world. When the whole world decides they want it now supplies are going to stretched. Its the same with testing equipment. Plus we are a very densely populated country.

Boots glorious Booooots.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Maybe I'm thick on 18:00 - May 6 with 2996 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe I'm thick on 17:58 - May 6 by r2d2

Well, one thing is for sure there are plenty of experts on here. Before this l never knew we had so many scientists and professors with expert knowledge on all this on this site. Just shows what being shut up for 6 weeks turns some people into. Even the real experts would be shocked at the true knowledge of some Town fans on here, they are all wasted at their office desks on a daily basis it would seem.

Give over you great fanny.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:01 - May 6 with 2976 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe I'm thick on 17:58 - May 6 by r2d2

You're right. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here, with plenty of expertise and insight. You could learn from them if you made a genuine attempt to read what they say and made fewer snidey remarks.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:03 - May 6 with 2973 viewslongtimefan

Maybe I'm thick on 17:57 - May 6 by Leaky

"Plus we are a very densely populated country."

Yep. The effect of covid-19 on countries depends on two factors:
1 - How dense your population is.
2 - How dense your population is.
Maybe I'm thick on 18:04 - May 6 with 2970 viewsAce_High1

Two reasons, one economic - which is a factor, we all need to work and earn money.

And the other, generally people are getting fed up with lockdown (you can argue they should or shouldn't) but it s fact, many more people out and about, even if only briefly as opposed to 5 weeks ago.
Maybe I'm thick on 18:05 - May 6 with 2959 viewsmonytowbray

Maybe I'm thick on 18:01 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

You're right. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here, with plenty of expertise and insight. You could learn from them if you made a genuine attempt to read what they say and made fewer snidey remarks.

Having the basic ability to read the news and question Dear Leader would be a good start.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Maybe I'm thick on 18:05 - May 6 with 2971 viewsr2d2

Maybe I'm thick on 18:00 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Give over you great fanny.

Its true though you great fanny. People on here are all blo0dy experts. Truth is, they are clueless for the most part. They read something or see the millionth chart thats been produced and run with it. They slag people off on twitter for their assumptions thinking they are a class above, then they come out with their take on it. Truth is no one has much idea how this will pan out, even the REAL experts havent got a blue print.
Maybe I'm thick on 18:06 - May 6 with 2953 viewsjeera

Because Germany.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Maybe I'm thick on 18:07 - May 6 with 2946 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe I'm thick on 18:05 - May 6 by r2d2

Its true though you great fanny. People on here are all blo0dy experts. Truth is, they are clueless for the most part. They read something or see the millionth chart thats been produced and run with it. They slag people off on twitter for their assumptions thinking they are a class above, then they come out with their take on it. Truth is no one has much idea how this will pan out, even the REAL experts havent got a blue print.

Who has been slagging you off on Twitter and showing you charts you can't understand then?

Maybe I'm thick on 18:08 - May 6 with 2950 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe I'm thick on 18:07 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

Who has been slagging you off on Twitter and showing you charts you can't understand then?

Be fair, I suspect he struggles to understand a Dulux colour chart.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:10 - May 6 with 2935 viewsjeera

Maybe I'm thick on 18:05 - May 6 by r2d2

Are you referring to just the regular folk who chat and compare notes?

Or those who do read stuff and are capable of understanding at some length?

You actually come across like a jealous whiner to be honest with this approach.

I know I'm not a brainbox but I don't have any problem with that and am happy to learn from those smarter than I am.

With your attitude we wouldn't bother with schools because we'd all hate the educators.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:11 - May 6 with 2942 viewsr2d2

Maybe I'm thick on 18:04 - May 6 by Ace_High1

Two reasons, one economic - which is a factor, we all need to work and earn money.

And the other, generally people are getting fed up with lockdown (you can argue they should or shouldn't) but it s fact, many more people out and about, even if only briefly as opposed to 5 weeks ago.

We should have been stricter with the lockdown. People shouldnt have been out and about like they were. It hasnt helped the situation. B&Q opened up, everyone neeed a bag of nails, people queued around the block, that was ridiculous. Costa opened up everyone queued up for a blo0dy cup of coffee, absolutely ridiculous and quite sad if you cant make a cup of coffee at home. People in this country really dont understand priorities.
Maybe I'm thick on 18:12 - May 6 with 2917 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe I'm thick on 18:10 - May 6 by jeera

Are you referring to just the regular folk who chat and compare notes?

Or those who do read stuff and are capable of understanding at some length?

You actually come across like a jealous whiner to be honest with this approach.

I know I'm not a brainbox but I don't have any problem with that and am happy to learn from those smarter than I am.

With your attitude we wouldn't bother with schools because we'd all hate the educators.

I suspect it boils down to an intellectual inferiority complex.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:12 - May 6 with 2916 viewsjeera

Maybe I'm thick on 18:12 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

I suspect it boils down to an intellectual inferiority complex.

Are you talking to me?

Maybe I'm thick on 18:13 - May 6 with 2910 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe I'm thick on 18:12 - May 6 by jeera

Are you talking to me?

I'll PM you what all the big words mean matey.

Maybe I'm thick on 18:14 - May 6 with 2907 viewsjeera

Maybe I'm thick on 18:13 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

I'll PM you what all the big words mean matey.

Appreciate it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024