Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*UPDATED FRIDAY* I've been asked for any update on KJ... 18:00 - May 6 with 3838 viewshoppy

Well, There's nothing more than just monitoring and waiting really (on from the update I gave yesterday on the link below). We spoke to her earlier on FaceTime and she didn’t have the oxygen on and sounded a bit better than she had yesterday, but that’s all the update I’ve got I’m afraid!

Thanks to those for asking, we’ve really appreciated the love and support we’ve had from people.

Yesterday's update:
KJ by hoppy 5 May 2020 21:08
Only just seen this, sorry. Thanks for asking...

As an update, they tried her off the oxygen today, Lasted 18 minutes, so that wasn’t good. Blood gases were also abnormal. Swabs re-done but I imagine they will continue to monitor her until the new swab results come back in 72 hrs. Blood results came back and her Infection marker levels have increased so shes now being put on a course of antibiotics as well.
So we continue to wait on the swab results.
Meanwhile Yasmin and I are not displaying any symptoms ourselves, she's just struggling to get to sleep at nights mostly, and remaining focussed on much schoolwork is definitely down on previous weeks, so think that's down to missing having her mum here (and being just stuck home with me probably!), but overall she's coping ok.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 2:36]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:04 - May 6 with 3199 viewsBlueBadger

My experience of it on the ground is that generally it's a longer period hospitalised than for most 'simple' chest conditions in general. Hang in there lad, she'll get there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:06 - May 6 with 3166 viewsGlasgowBlue

Please tell her we are all thinking of her mate. Spoke to Dexter today and he sent his love to KJ and best wishes to the boys.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:31 - May 6 with 3121 viewsjeera

A bit better sounds like the right direction Hops.

Certainly sounding positive and guess it's all small steps for a little while.

Wishing her all the best, as well as to the rest of the crew of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:35 - May 6 with 3128 viewsPhilTWTD

Send her all the best from us and that plenty of people on here are thinking of her. And you and Yasmin as well, of course!

This post has been edited by an administrator
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:03 - May 6 with 2958 viewsfactual_blue

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:04 - May 6 by BlueBadger

My experience of it on the ground is that generally it's a longer period hospitalised than for most 'simple' chest conditions in general. Hang in there lad, she'll get there.

I gather Hoppy has told KJ that if she doesn't improve, you'll be taking care of her.

She suddenly felt a lot better.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:32 - May 6 with 2899 viewsPJH

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:35 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

Send her all the best from us and that plenty of people on here are thinking of her. And you and Yasmin as well, of course!

That's it Phil, TWTD is with her/them.
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 00:55 - May 7 with 2788 viewshoppy

A further update this evening... unfortunately she's felt worse tonight and had been having palpitations, so they've got her on a heart monitor for 24 hrs. She was really struggling when we were on the phone with her before Yasmin went to bed, so she had to go.
Hopefully it was just the end of the day and she was tired and drained.

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 01:01 - May 7 with 2772 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 00:55 - May 7 by hoppy

A further update this evening... unfortunately she's felt worse tonight and had been having palpitations, so they've got her on a heart monitor for 24 hrs. She was really struggling when we were on the phone with her before Yasmin went to bed, so she had to go.

Hope she is brighter in the morning mate.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 01:11 - May 7 with 2761 viewshoppy

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 01:01 - May 7 by gainsboroughblue

Hope she is brighter in the morning mate.

Cheers guv

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 01:42 - May 7 with 2749 viewsIPS_wich

Hey Hoppy

I've been on TWTD since about 1998 under various user names, but not a big poster since about 2003 (used to be BasingstokeBlue). However, you and KJ are the great TWTD couple and I wanted to wish you both all the best.

I want to be reassuring but realistic - my bosses wife contracted COVID in the UK back in late Feb. She flew back to Melbourne and then became symptomatic. She came close to being hospitalised on two occasions so certainly had it bad. However, she is in Week Nine since becoming symptomatic, and whilst she is miles better than she was, she still has regular relapses, very much a 2 steps forward, 1 step back kind of thing.

So the fact KJ has regressed a bit is crappy, from what I can tell, once someone starts to improve, then they are definitely going in the right direction, but it might be a long road to full recovery with plenty of ups and downs. KJ will get there.

All the best mate.
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 08:11 - May 7 with 2610 viewsMoriarty

Best wishes to you, KJ and your family.

Here’s hoping for a quick recovery so she’s back at home soon.

fka omuircheartaigh

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 09:58 - May 7 with 2535 viewsPendejo

Best wishes, Mrs P continues to include her in her prayers.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 11:00 - May 7 with 2488 viewshoppy

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:35 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Phil.
Much appreciated.

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 11:12 - May 7 with 2463 viewsGunnsAirkick

As others have said you're both nice, positive posters on here. All the best to you all and I'm sure she'll be back home soon.
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 11:26 - May 7 with 2439 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I've only just read all this. I hope she and you are ok. Sounds like she has an Ipad or whatever so she can facetime etc?
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 12:55 - May 7 with 2357 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hoppy, only just seen this. Thoughts are with you all mate x
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 15:13 - May 7 with 2297 viewshoppy

Thank you all... Having spoken to KJ a little earlier, she sounded a bit brighter and was hopeful they might even allow her home as soon as tomorrow, (although she said that might be a little ambitious)!
The heart monitor they put her on for 24 hours comes off at 5pm today, so she'll just have to see what that reveals, if anything, and then see what they say regarding staying in/coming home. To my mind, it seems odd that they might consider sending her home without first having had the results of the swabs they took, but what do I know?!

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 15:21 - May 7 with 2283 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 15:13 - May 7 by hoppy

Thank you all... Having spoken to KJ a little earlier, she sounded a bit brighter and was hopeful they might even allow her home as soon as tomorrow, (although she said that might be a little ambitious)!
The heart monitor they put her on for 24 hours comes off at 5pm today, so she'll just have to see what that reveals, if anything, and then see what they say regarding staying in/coming home. To my mind, it seems odd that they might consider sending her home without first having had the results of the swabs they took, but what do I know?!

Sounds much more positive than last night. We're all thinking of, and supporting you, KJ and Yasmin.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 15:35 - May 7 with 2255 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 15:13 - May 7 by hoppy

Much better news hoppy. Thanks for taking the time to update us all.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:49 - May 8 with 2114 viewsEdwardStone

Any chance of news plz Mr Hoppy?
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:18 - May 8 with 2023 viewshoppy

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 18:49 - May 8 by EdwardStone

Any chance of news plz Mr Hoppy?

Hi EdwardStone... thanks for asking how KJ is...

(I've given here a snapshot of today... but the main update is lower down in bold if you want to skip the rest)

We spoke to her quite a bit today - she was in a very fun and jokey mood, so it was lovely to hear her laughing... probably for the first time in a couple of weeks... I asked her if she could give an update for people that were asking...

This was the message exchanges I had...

First update she gave me to be able to pass on to people was...

K: “She’s got that covid thing. Yeah the doctors are keeping her prisoner in a 12 by 12 room but she shouldn’t complain cus she’s got an en-suite and a room with a view (of the car park).”

KJ: “Sorry will write a serious one now...”

KJ: “Promise...”

KJ: “Day 10 in the big brother house....”

I then waited a couple of hours before asking her if she’d got the serious one...

KJ: “I forgot sorry, I’ve been busy tidying my 12x12 microhome”

But finally she did say this...

Just tell everyone I’m in good spirits despite not being allowed home yet. My blood tests showed that my inflammatory markers are increasing and my chest X-ray was typical of covid 19 (described as seeing shattered glass) will be reviewed again on Monday.

I don't think she wants to see another tuna mayo sandwich, her daily dinner treat...

Followed by her then sending me this:

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:20 - May 8 with 2016 viewsSpruceMoose

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:18 - May 8 by hoppy

(I've given here a snapshot of today... but the main update is lower down in bold if you want to skip the rest)

We spoke to her quite a bit today - she was in a very fun and jokey mood, so it was lovely to hear her laughing... probably for the first time in a couple of weeks... I asked her if she could give an update for people that were asking...

K: “She’s got that covid thing. Yeah the doctors are keeping her prisoner in a 12 by 12 room but she shouldn’t complain cus she’s got an en-suite and a room with a view (of the car park).”

I then waited a couple of hours before asking her if she’d got the serious one...

Just tell everyone I’m in good spirits despite not being allowed home yet. My blood tests showed that my inflammatory markers are increasing and my chest X-ray was typical of covid 19 (described as seeing shattered glass) will be reviewed again on Monday.

I don't think she wants to see another tuna mayo sandwich, her daily dinner treat...

Good to see spirits are high Hoppy. Hang in there mate. Best wishes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:28 - May 8 with 1993 viewsjeera

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:20 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Good to see spirits are high Hoppy. Hang in there mate. Best wishes.

Likewise.

That made me laugh.

Good to see the virus hasn't wiped out her sense of humour.

Nor living with yours so it seems Hops!

She's a strong girl.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:55 - May 8 with 1957 viewsPhilTWTD

I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 21:18 - May 8 by hoppy

Glad to hear she's in good spirits. Thanks for the update.
I've been asked for any update on KJ... on 23:01 - May 8 with 1879 viewsRyorry

Fingers crossed for Monday then, and thank you both for the update - wishing all of you the very best

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024