Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season abandonment 20:35 - May 6 with 1395 viewsbluebare

So abandoning the season because clubs cant afford to play the games is crazy. Surely most clubs have already got the money in from season tickets and they would save on paying for policing and stewards. Any floating fans can pay per view and season ticket holders free access to watch ifollow or something. We as a club need to take every chance to get promoted. Get the squad isolated in an empty hotel and train play and get the season finished any shortfall in income should be paid by the governing bodies or government loans. Any fans that turn up to games will cost points and fines so they hurt their own club simple
Season abandonment on 20:42 - May 6 with 1345 viewsSpruceMoose

Sounds like you've solved the problem. Have you informed the FA?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Season abandonment on 20:49 - May 6 with 1323 viewsjeera

Someone went into this a bit a couple of week backs or so.

I think some piece or other was linked and a surprisingly high number of people would need to be present per game. 200 ish I think it was.

But I am surprised that we've not heard more on the possibility of televising games and getting some cash in that way, if players and all the officials are prepared to go through with it of course.

Maybe that's an obstacle?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 20:56]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Season abandonment on 20:56 - May 6 with 1288 viewstractorboy1978

Season abandonment on 20:49 - May 6 by jeera

I think some piece or other was linked and a surprisingly high number of people would need to be present per game. 200 ish I think it was.

But I am surprised that we've not heard more on the possibility of televising games and getting some cash in that way, if players and all the officials are prepared to go through with it of course.

Yes and a lot of those would need to come off the furlough scheme.
Season abandonment on 20:59 - May 6 with 1271 viewsjeera

Season abandonment on 20:56 - May 6 by tractorboy1978

Yes and a lot of those would need to come off the furlough scheme.

That is also true.

Over League one and Two alone, that's a lot of people who need to comply.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Season abandonment on 21:03 - May 6 with 1262 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Season abandonment on 20:49 - May 6 by jeera

Maybe the televising is an issue.

If the Prem are already doing 10 games every 3 days from 5-10 different venues, having the camera crews to cover all the Championship and then League 1 and 2 as well would be quite something. All this would incur additional costs if it is even feasible. I am not sure the majority of League 1 and 2 clubs have the potential for fans to pay sufficient to come close to covering those costs.

It surprised me the likely cost of putting on the final games.

At the end of the day, it makes little difference to us. We are not getting promoted whatever happens - save from us being awarded wins in all our final games while the other teams are not.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Season abandonment on 21:06 - May 6 with 1242 viewsfabian_illness

200 people?

Just pop over gainsborough on a Sunday morning, they can change in the car park, one of the subs can run the line, Lambert can cut a few oranges up and Stuart Taylor can bring the magic sponge.
Season abandonment on 21:14 - May 6 with 1207 viewsBlueBadger

Season abandonment on 21:06 - May 6 by fabian_illness

200 people?

Just pop over gainsborough on a Sunday morning, they can change in the car park, one of the subs can run the line, Lambert can cut a few oranges up and Stuart Taylor can bring the magic sponge.

Lambert slicing the half time oranges will be the most meaningful thing he's ever done at half time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Season abandonment on 21:25 - May 6 with 1168 viewsfactual_blue

The 'money from STs will have long gone on salaries.

If clubs 'can't afford to play games', then not playing them seems the perfectly sensible thing to do.

There are, as usual, more important things to think about than football.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Season abandonment on 21:31 - May 6 with 1147 viewsGuthrum

In order to even make the play-offs, we would have to score eight or nine more points than those placed 4th to 8th (given our inferior goal difference compared to all bar Wycombe). Except Sunderland, they all have a game or two in hand on us. The seven teams immediately above us had an average gain of just over 15.6 points from the last eight matches. Those in the play-off places averaged 17.5 points. We gained four.

Even if we win all of our last eight games, assuming the teams currently in the play-off places continue that average, we can't catch them (24-17=7, not enough). That's without them getting anything from their games in hand.

Given there is no logical reason why all the teams above us would suddenly collapse and we improve beyond measure, in practical terms, we are already beyond reach of promotion this season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Season abandonment on 21:38 - May 6 with 1125 viewsEwan_Oozami

Season abandonment on 21:14 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Lambert slicing the half time oranges will be the most meaningful thing he's ever done at half time.

Yes, but will they be halves, quarters or eighths, or some random combination?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Season abandonment on 21:50 - May 6 with 1089 viewsfactual_blue

Season abandonment on 21:38 - May 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Yes, but will they be halves, quarters or eighths, or some random combination?

It'll be an ill-judged selection of segments of different citrus fruits. Most of which will be lemons.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Season abandonment on 21:56 - May 6 with 1077 viewsBlueBadger

Season abandonment on 21:31 - May 6 by Guthrum

In order to even make the play-offs, we would have to score eight or nine more points than those placed 4th to 8th (given our inferior goal difference compared to all bar Wycombe). Except Sunderland, they all have a game or two in hand on us. The seven teams immediately above us had an average gain of just over 15.6 points from the last eight matches. Those in the play-off places averaged 17.5 points. We gained four.

Even if we win all of our last eight games, assuming the teams currently in the play-off places continue that average, we can't catch them (24-17=7, not enough). That's without them getting anything from their games in hand.

Given there is no logical reason why all the teams above us would suddenly collapse and we improve beyond measure, in practical terms, we are already beyond reach of promotion this season.

As I said below, I strongly suspect the main reason we're still pushing to complete the season is so we can have a watertight case for sacking Lambert for failing to achieve promotion, rather than letting him take it to a legal claim.

That said, I suspect our management are probably incompetent enough to keep him on to avoid the latter case.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Season abandonment on 22:05 - May 6 with 1047 viewsGuthrum

Season abandonment on 21:56 - May 6 by BlueBadger

As I said below, I strongly suspect the main reason we're still pushing to complete the season is so we can have a watertight case for sacking Lambert for failing to achieve promotion, rather than letting him take it to a legal claim.

That said, I suspect our management are probably incompetent enough to keep him on to avoid the latter case.

If Lambert really wants to take it to court, I'm sure he'll find a way (insufficient funds provided by the owner, or injuries beyond his control, or something). If his contract says "failure to achieve promotion" and we don't get promoted because the season finishes early and we've plummeted from top to 10th (well adrift on points), not sure he'd have much of a leg to stand on.

I have more concern that Evans sees Lambert as part of some sort of long-term plan, so will be kept on regardless.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024