Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning 13:09 - May 7 with 10467 viewsTommyparker

Conservatives 50%
Labour 30%
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:15 - May 7 with 1841 viewsmanchego

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 13:39 - May 7 by uefacup81

I dare say there may not be any significant movement in the polls until Brexit is actually done and dusted.

As the December result showed, there's a large core of voters who rank 'getting Brexit done' above and beyond anything else.

Any post Brexit catastrophe can be bundled up together with the Virus.
So Brexit won't be a failure.
In fact the Virus collapse "would have been worse if it wasn't for Brexit" ... or something like that.
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:32 - May 7 with 1822 viewsfactual_blue

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 16:56 - May 7 by r2d2

Talking of idiots...........

#Radicalisadvoluptatemamatanisexus

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:33 - May 7 with 1817 viewsfactual_blue

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 16:58 - May 7 by footers

Yes hello, we've been waiting for your input.

balls

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:38 - May 7 with 1813 viewsfactual_blue

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:04 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Corbyn is Mick. Started off well compared to his predecessors, up against it all the way, nearly made it and went sour when the numbskulls really turned on him.

Starmer is Hurst ... talks a good game that the same numbskulls lap up but in practice takes us backwards.

Actually, I don't think that at all about Starmer. I'm still hoping that he can be the perfect mix of teflon-coated professionalism with a commitment to actual change. On paper, he'd be a great wolf in sheep's clothing that gives his opposition very little to aim at.

Sir Keir is a combination of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.
More the former though. Very thorough in his preparation and easily spots the opponent's weaknesses.

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 18:25 - May 7 with 1786 viewsBlueBadger

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 16:56 - May 7 by r2d2

Talking of idiots...........

Didn't Phil warn you last night about endlessly carping and insulting rather than actually joining in?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 18:34 - May 7 with 1777 viewsLord_Lucan

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 14:10 - May 7 by Pinewoodblue

Or those who did not want a more neoliberalist leader.

I've said from the start that Starmer is going to do (and possibly be) a Blair.

He has the perfect opportunity as well as he will be up against a very weary government by then and he has started with just the tact that he needs to, first by stating that he is supporting the government and then turning the knife.

He has got this job at the ideal time.

I agree with others though that the Corbyn machine couldn't have done worse if they had tried. It was as if they never wanted to be popular or even liked.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 18:37 - May 7 with 1776 viewsnoggin

You brits are so gullible. Keep on screwing yourselves.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 19:20 - May 7 with 1762 viewsThe_Last_Baron

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 13:52 - May 7 by monytowbray

Also I thought Starmer was Labour’s saviour and would win an election hands down?

I worry Labour’s best chance in many years will be 2017, yet was sabotaged both internally and those who wanted a more neoliberal leader.

You're right, 2017 was the year. Theresa May was detested and distrusted by a large number of Tory voters and had the election been two weeks later I think Corbyn would have had enough MPs to form a coalition. All the momentum was with Labour at that stage.

Once the Tories got a Brexiteer in charge with personality the game was up for Labour.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 19:47 - May 7 with 1755 viewsPhilTWTD

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 18:25 - May 7 by BlueBadger

Didn't Phil warn you last night about endlessly carping and insulting rather than actually joining in?

Indeed, think this can serve as a final warning.
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 21:56 - May 7 with 1711 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Corbyn is Mick. Started off well compared to his predecessors, up against it all the way, nearly made it and went sour when the numbskulls really turned on him.

Starmer is Hurst ... talks a good game that the same numbskulls lap up but in practice takes us backwards.

Actually, I don't think that at all about Starmer. I'm still hoping that he can be the perfect mix of teflon-coated professionalism with a commitment to actual change. On paper, he'd be a great wolf in sheep's clothing that gives his opposition very little to aim at.

When you say nearly made it, do you mean the general election where the Tories got 57 more seats than Labour or the one where they won 163 more?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 21:58 - May 7 with 1712 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not worth reading anything into polls at the moment, it’s completely unprecedented times. I suspect once the current situation has passed that position could change somewhat

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:07 - May 7 with 1706 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn is Mick? You’ve got to be trolling.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:18 - May 7 with 1686 viewsDarth_Koont

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 21:56 - May 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

When you say nearly made it, do you mean the general election where the Tories got 57 more seats than Labour or the one where they won 163 more?

Yep, the one where they came from nowhere and nearly forced the government out. Even with the prevailing nonsense coming from a partisan media and the Labour right.

It was quite big news at the time.

Pronouns: He/Him

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:22 - May 7 with 1684 viewsjeera

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 15:34 - May 7 by BlueBadger

It's not that we want a 'more neoliberal'(spare us the needlessly inflammatory terms, BTW) Labour leader we NEED an infinitely more competent one.
Labour's chances for the next ten years were sabotaged by an incompetent leader. Given that we've had 3 increasingly incompetent Tory PM's in the time the Dear Leader was in charge, it's even more embarrassing and (more importantly)DAMAGING that Labour didn't make any kind of gains. Right now, this is probably the long game - they didn't recover from 1982(until last year, Labour's biggest post-ward defeat) until the mid-90's.

"Dear Leader" indeed.

(spare us the needlessly inflammatory terms).

Hmph.

But yes, Labour didn't capitalise, there can be no argument there.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 22:28]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:23 - May 7 with 1678 viewsDarth_Koont

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:07 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

Corbyn is Mick? You’ve got to be trolling.

A little.

Just tickling for numbskulls.

Pronouns: He/Him

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:27 - May 7 with 1673 viewsgazzer1999

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:07 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

As ever, idiots getting upset about the person highlighting the disgrace rather than the disgrace itself.

Thank you spruce for calling me an idiot, however 2 wrongs do not make a right. Still why should I expect any different? Show some style next time not insults.
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 23:17 - May 7 with 1655 viewsBlueBadger

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:27 - May 7 by gazzer1999

Thank you spruce for calling me an idiot, however 2 wrongs do not make a right. Still why should I expect any different? Show some style next time not insults.

'Yes, but her emails', eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 23:33 - May 7 with 1643 viewsRyorry

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 16:52 - May 7 by mrshallisfit

But why isn't it down now? We have the highest fatality rate in Europe. How can people reward that? I am stunned.

I think it's analagous to wars being things that boost the ratings of the sitting PM, sadly (because of "pulling together", focus on defence of the nation etc).

Plus Starmer's so new in people have hardly had time to adjust, esp in the current situation when normal politics are put aside.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 00:37 - May 8 with 1634 viewsSpruceMoose

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:27 - May 7 by gazzer1999

Oh please. Save your fake indignant outrage for those Conservatives overseeing this utter shambles.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 04:38 - May 8 with 1603 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 22:18 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Yep, the one where they came from nowhere and nearly forced the government out. Even with the prevailing nonsense coming from a partisan media and the Labour right.

It was quite big news at the time.

Came from nowhere? They gained a whole 30 seats to still have 57 less than the Tories. That isn’t success - Labour used to consider actually winning an election to be a success, not being defeated by a slightly lower margin than anticipated

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 06:21 - May 8 with 1583 viewsGlasgowBlue

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 04:38 - May 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Came from nowhere? They gained a whole 30 seats to still have 57 less than the Tories. That isn’t success - Labour used to consider actually winning an election to be a success, not being defeated by a slightly lower margin than anticipated

Yeah but losing 3-0 to Manchester United in 2015 was a massive improvement on our 9-0 defeat and we nearly denied them getting through o the next round of the league cup with that result.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:48 - May 8 with 1503 viewsgazzer1999

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 00:37 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Oh please. Save your fake indignant outrage for those Conservatives overseeing this utter shambles.

Your arrogance knows no bounds does it? I have no fake indignant outrage I merely asked you to show some class with your outrageous comment. I can only assume living in America has removed what if any you already had.
I am far from happy with the situation in the UK, however we are where we are at the moment and yes it is a shambles. What I do fail to see is why you are constantly having a go at the government, it is the health workers that are treating these people not the prime minister. Just because you are old and live run a care home does not make you a conservative. Get behind the country rather constantly carping about it.
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:50 - May 8 with 1493 viewsSpruceMoose

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:48 - May 8 by gazzer1999

Your arrogance knows no bounds does it? I have no fake indignant outrage I merely asked you to show some class with your outrageous comment. I can only assume living in America has removed what if any you already had.
I am far from happy with the situation in the UK, however we are where we are at the moment and yes it is a shambles. What I do fail to see is why you are constantly having a go at the government, it is the health workers that are treating these people not the prime minister. Just because you are old and live run a care home does not make you a conservative. Get behind the country rather constantly carping about it.

Been a while since I've heard the old 'get behind your country' line. Still as meaningless now as it was when I first heard it.

Hold the government to account. Focus your anger on them and not me. That's what really getting behind the country looks like.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:57]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 19:27 - May 8 with 1448 viewsBlueNomad

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 19:20 - May 7 by The_Last_Baron

You're right, 2017 was the year. Theresa May was detested and distrusted by a large number of Tory voters and had the election been two weeks later I think Corbyn would have had enough MPs to form a coalition. All the momentum was with Labour at that stage.

Once the Tories got a Brexiteer in charge with personality the game was up for Labour.

Personality = competence? We may as well be led by the winner of a tv reality show then!
YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 19:35 - May 8 with 1443 viewsm14_blue

YouGov latest opinion poll this morning on 17:48 - May 8 by gazzer1999

Hold on, are you blaming health workers for the deaths?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024