Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart 13:42 - May 7 with 1852 viewsElderGrizzly

Friendly lot...

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:46 - May 7 with 1551 viewssparks

I can see both sides here.

If the bottom 3 are, out of self interest, blocking a restart because if the season is ended, they stay up...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:49 - May 7 with 1527 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:46 - May 7 by sparks

I can see both sides here.

If the bottom 3 are, out of self interest, blocking a restart because if the season is ended, they stay up...

Oh yeah, fully understand that.

You can see why the relegated sides are annoyed though. I think it is the neutral ground bit that hits hardest, where most relegated sides would be relying on home form to keep them up.

Again, money over integrity
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:54 - May 7 with 1510 viewssparks

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:49 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

You can see why the relegated sides are annoyed though. I think it is the neutral ground bit that hits hardest, where most relegated sides would be relying on home form to keep them up.

What is the rationale for neutral grounds anyway? I havent figured that out yet...

Frankly I can see no good reason why the season should start any time soon- or why anyone should take notice of Uefa's arbitrary season end deadline.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:56 - May 7 with 1500 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:54 - May 7 by sparks

What is the rationale for neutral grounds anyway? I havent figured that out yet...

Frankly I can see no good reason why the season should start any time soon- or why anyone should take notice of Uefa's arbitrary season end deadline.

Playing more than one game in a day at a neutral venue and meaning fans wouldn’t congregate are the main two
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:57 - May 7 with 1498 viewsgiant_stow

we've got less to complain about, but having just looked at the table, that stinks for Bournmouth and Villa. Very convenient for West Ham in particular. Then again, football can go and fck itself.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:58 - May 7 with 1494 viewssparks

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:56 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

Playing more than one game in a day at a neutral venue and meaning fans wouldn’t congregate are the main two

One team cant play two games in a day. Fans would not be allowed.

Seems bizarre reasoning.

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:07 - May 7 with 1447 viewspointofblue

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:56 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

How would they treat the dressing rooms; full disinfection between matches?

I think Rick Parry has given them a bit of a fright.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:11 - May 7 with 1430 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:58 - May 7 by sparks

Seems bizarre reasoning.

Sorry, wasn’t clear.

2 different games, 4 teams.

And the idea of neutral was that fans wouldn’t travel to a neutral ground to hang about outside. Not that they would be allowed in
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:12 - May 7 with 1420 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:07 - May 7 by pointofblue

How would they treat the dressing rooms; full disinfection between matches?

I think Rick Parry has given them a bit of a fright.

Its almost like money is driving their plan and they haven’t thought it through.

FFS, a few clubs even proposed Australia as a location!
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:13 - May 7 with 1414 viewsRadlett_blue

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:58 - May 7 by sparks

Seems bizarre reasoning.

Fans won't be "allowed" but if Liverpool were about to clinch the title in a closed doors game at Anfield, don't you think many would be tempted to congregate around the ground?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:13 - May 7 with 1415 viewssparks

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:11 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, wasn’t clear.

2 different games, 4 teams.

And the idea of neutral was that fans wouldn’t travel to a neutral ground to hang about outside. Not that they would be allowed in

4 teams can play games in two places!?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:33 - May 7 with 1345 viewsGuthrum

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:13 - May 7 by sparks

4 teams can play games in two places!?

But only using one set of ground staff, security, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:52 - May 7 with 1309 viewsMullet

I feel at this point the competitions should be ended. I still think PPG used and that's the breaks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:55 - May 7 with 1303 viewssparks

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:33 - May 7 by Guthrum

But only using one set of ground staff, security, etc.

I see. Frankly, the difference is probably negligible- and balanced out by the benefits of not having 4 lots of players and staff congregating int he same place, spitting on the same pitch, sweating and panting over the goalposts, picking hteir noses in the changing room etc...

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:00 - May 7 with 1286 viewsJakeITFC

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:55 - May 7 by sparks

I see. Frankly, the difference is probably negligible- and balanced out by the benefits of not having 4 lots of players and staff congregating int he same place, spitting on the same pitch, sweating and panting over the goalposts, picking hteir noses in the changing room etc...

But they will be tested and clear of infection - by getting the games played at one venue rather than two you need half the number of people to be subject to the testing/isolation.

The players themselves will probably be ~10% of the people involved.
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:03 - May 7 with 1273 viewspatrickswell

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:54 - May 7 by sparks

One way in which home advantage could be maintained would be if all the remaining games were played on weekdays with a 2pm kick-off.
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:36 - May 7 with 1208 viewsGuthrum

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:55 - May 7 by sparks

Indeed. Not saying I think it's a good idea ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:51 - May 7 with 1184 viewsSuperblue95

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:57 - May 7 by giant_stow

we've got less to complain about, but having just looked at the table, that stinks for Bournmouth and Villa. Very convenient for West Ham in particular. Then again, football can go and fck itself.

I don’t give a toss about Bournemouth. Would feel sorry for Villa though given they’ve a game in hand which if they won would put them above Watford and West Ham.

If West Ham and Villa were the other way around I’d have been delighted at potential news of West Ham, Bournemouth and Norwich being sent down

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:56 - May 7 with 1164 viewsChrisd

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:12 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

Its almost like money is driving their plan and they haven’t thought it through.

FFS, a few clubs even proposed Australia as a location!

That's always been the case from Day 1.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 16:17 - May 7 with 1131 viewssparks

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 15:00 - May 7 by JakeITFC

But they will be tested and clear of infection - by getting the games played at one venue rather than two you need half the number of people to be subject to the testing/isolation.

The players themselves will probably be ~10% of the people involved.

Just unecessary tbh. And if there is even a sniff of this happening before care homes get all the testing they need, when they need it, it will be a national disgrace.

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 18:00 - May 7 with 1011 viewsBlueNomad

Just write this season off. Some (many) things are more important than football. The PL would worry about their financial situation if we were threatened with imminent invasion!
Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 18:28 - May 7 with 969 viewstractordownsouth

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 14:52 - May 7 by Mullet

I feel at this point the competitions should be ended. I still think PPG used and that's the breaks.

Nah, resume the season from September to November. Transfer Window in December and then have half a season next year with everyone playing each other once from January to May. That way the season gets played out and everyone knows where they stand before the next (half) season, so there's not much ground for legal proceedings.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 18:34 - May 7 with 946 viewsitfcjoe

It seems main reasons are to go to more modern stadiums with better facilities, in less reaidential areas (I.e Brighton over Selhurst Park)

And to potentially stop fans congregating outside stadiums.

I personally can’t see much advantage of being at home in an empty stadium, I think PL right to force this through as with games being behind closed doors it just seems an excuse from those at the bottom to stay on gravy train for another year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 18:36 - May 7 with 941 viewsitfcjoe

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 16:17 - May 7 by sparks

Just unecessary tbh. And if there is even a sniff of this happening before care homes get all the testing they need, when they need it, it will be a national disgrace.

They’ve confirmed that all testing will be purchased from abroad and none will be taken from the front line.

Germany starts again next week, PL isn’t planning to start until June 12th so not sure why they are the ones who are seen as the greediest, German season will basically be finished by time ours even starts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 18:38 - May 7 with 934 viewsJ2BLUE

Premier League threatening to relegate bottom 3 if they don’t support restart on 13:49 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

What home advantage comes from playing in a stadium without a crowd? It's just another thing for clubs to whinge about to try and get relegation cancelled.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024