Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final league table 11:55 - May 9 with 3050 viewsWickets

So if the media are correct we finish below Steve Evans Gillingham !
Final league table on 12:00 - May 9 with 2799 viewsPecker

Never thought I would see the day.
Final league table on 12:00 - May 9 with 2788 viewsHerbivore

Credit to Lambert, he's done great at helping us to reach depths we've never reached before.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Final league table on 12:04 - May 9 with 2775 viewsBlueBadger

Final league table on 12:00 - May 9 by Herbivore

Credit to Lambert, he's done great at helping us to reach depths we've never reached before.

Yes, but we've got Brexit done...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final league table on 12:14 - May 9 with 2747 viewsGuthrum

Final league table on 12:00 - May 9 by Herbivore

Not strictly true, We finished 17th in Division 3 (South) in 1949-50, 1951-52 and 1952-53.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Final league table on 12:18 - May 9 with 2732 viewspointofblue

Final league table on 12:14 - May 9 by Guthrum

Not strictly true, We finished 17th in Division 3 (South) in 1949-50, 1951-52 and 1952-53.

Give him time. Oh wait, we have.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Final league table on 12:25 - May 9 with 2701 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Final league table on 12:04 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Yes, but we've got Brexit done...

The Brexit result living rent free in BlueBeaver's head since 2016.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Final league table on 12:29 - May 9 with 2690 viewsNotSure

My maths works that out as 10th in League 2.
Judging by this season that is possible in a few years time.
Final league table on 12:48 - May 9 with 2643 viewsPendejo

These are the days!

Given our overall form in 2020, were we clear of relegation?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Final league table on 12:52 - May 9 with 2630 viewsPendejo

But what happens next?

Repeat that and we're 12 seasons or so from becoming champions of England again, just need to employ an ex-England double winning full back.... Ashley Cole anyone?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Final league table on 12:58 - May 9 with 2612 viewsGuthrum

Final league table on 12:29 - May 9 by NotSure

17th in League One.

There were two more teams in the top tier and two fewer in the second tier than nowadays, so that evens out. Division 3 was split into North and South, but they were at the same level (third tier) in the football structure.

You were the same distance from the top, it was just harder to get there as there were fewer promotions to Division 2.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 13:01]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Final league table on 13:04 - May 9 with 2585 viewsbrogansnose

Given that over the past few seasons, Blackburn, Barnsley, Bolton and Rotherham have managed to get re-promoted the following season after relegation from the championship, it highlights how pitiful our 'attempt' at getting out of this division was. Even Sunderland managed to finish top 5 and get to the playoffs - of course this wasn't open to us this season but all the same.

Its totally unacceptable.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 13:13]
Final league table on 13:09 - May 9 with 2547 viewsBlueBadger

Final league table on 12:25 - May 9 by The_Last_Baron

The Brexit result living rent free in BlueBeaver's head since 2016.

So, about those no deal benefits...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final league table on 13:14 - May 9 with 2534 viewsNotSure

Final league table on 12:58 - May 9 by Guthrum

17th in League One.

There were two more teams in the top tier and two fewer in the second tier than nowadays, so that evens out. Division 3 was split into North and South, but they were at the same level (third tier) in the football structure.

You were the same distance from the top, it was just harder to get there as there were fewer promotions to Division 2.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 13:01]

I've always been a glass half empty type of person.

Understand your logic but every team that finished in the top 16 of both North and South were better than us those seasons.

So I'm sticking with 10th in League 2.
At least our Grandads / Great-Grandads had a more miserable few years than we are currently having!
Final league table on 13:19 - May 9 with 2505 viewsWickets

Final league table on 12:29 - May 9 by NotSure

Sun ,woops sorry, have us 11th Gills 10th . My twopenny worth is i would give PL another year and hope he has learnt from his mistakes .I dont expect him to come out and admit them just hope he does not make them again .I think we all know what they where .
Final league table on 14:27 - May 9 with 2401 viewsAce_High1

Final league table on 13:04 - May 9 by brogansnose

Given that over the past few seasons, Blackburn, Barnsley, Bolton and Rotherham have managed to get re-promoted the following season after relegation from the championship, it highlights how pitiful our 'attempt' at getting out of this division was. Even Sunderland managed to finish top 5 and get to the playoffs - of course this wasn't open to us this season but all the same.

Its totally unacceptable.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 13:13]

When you put it like that...... wow we have really made a hash of this seasonn haven't we?
Final league table on 14:40 - May 9 with 2364 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Final league table on 13:09 - May 9 by BlueBadger

So, about those no deal benefits...

Face to Face. In the bar BlueBeaver. My round. Just name the day when we are back at Portman Road.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Final league table on 14:42 - May 9 with 2360 viewsJamestownPrince

To be fair to, he has had the luxury of Jordan Roberts!!
Final league table on 14:45 - May 9 with 2341 viewsHerbivore

Final league table on 13:19 - May 9 by Wickets

Sun ,woops sorry, have us 11th Gills 10th . My twopenny worth is i would give PL another year and hope he has learnt from his mistakes .I dont expect him to come out and admit them just hope he does not make them again .I think we all know what they where .

Thinking we should give this charlatan another year is madness. Whatever he may have had as a manager he clearly lost it years ago. He's likeable enough but he's a terrible manager.

Final league table on 14:47 - May 9 with 2344 viewsAce_High1

Final league table on 14:45 - May 9 by Herbivore

Thinking we should give this charlatan another year is madness. Whatever he may have had as a manager he clearly lost it years ago. He's likeable enough but he's a terrible manager.

But with the fact is, like all clubs we are going to be financially worse off going into next season so Evans is not going to incur any additional costs by terminating Lamberts contract.

It was already unlikely he would do it, after the virus is is 100% certain he will not.

Yes Lambert is on a big wage, but factor that against sacking him and his staff, and bringing a new manager and coaching staff in - he will not bother as we will be up against it as it is financially for the next 12 months.
Final league table on 14:50 - May 9 with 2322 viewsHerbivore

Final league table on 14:47 - May 9 by Ace_High1

But with the fact is, like all clubs we are going to be financially worse off going into next season so Evans is not going to incur any additional costs by terminating Lamberts contract.

It was already unlikely he would do it, after the virus is is 100% certain he will not.

Yes Lambert is on a big wage, but factor that against sacking him and his staff, and bringing a new manager and coaching staff in - he will not bother as we will be up against it as it is financially for the next 12 months.

We'll be in a worse position if we stay stuck at this level for another couple of years paying him a massive wage. Take a bit of a hit now, whoever comes in will be on less money and will almost certainly be far more competent.

Final league table on 16:36 - May 9 with 2237 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Final league table on 14:40 - May 9 by The_Last_Baron

Face to Face. In the bar BlueBeaver. My round. Just name the day when we are back at Portman Road.

Far too many to list online.

That's why he can't even name one.

I still wonder how Johnson will square it all when it comes to the latest exit day and we are deep in recession. How will he manage to convince the right we have actually left without completely bankrupting the country?

I wonder if he might go with we can't afford not to have the EU trade deals so we will pay to keep them for the next x years while we recover. The leave without actually leaving result. Abide by the rules but have no actual say in them (the supposed reason we were leaving in the first place ironically).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Final league table on 19:13 - May 9 with 2154 viewstractordownsouth

Final league table on 16:36 - May 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Far too many to list online.

That's why he can't even name one.

I still wonder how Johnson will square it all when it comes to the latest exit day and we are deep in recession. How will he manage to convince the right we have actually left without completely bankrupting the country?

I wonder if he might go with we can't afford not to have the EU trade deals so we will pay to keep them for the next x years while we recover. The leave without actually leaving result. Abide by the rules but have no actual say in them (the supposed reason we were leaving in the first place ironically).

The amount of Tory/Brexit Party politicians with "Got Brexit Done" in their twitter bios is ridiculous. We're in exactly the same situation yet they're still celebrating as if they've actually achieved something. Shows that to so many of them, it's just about being winners and sticking it to the lefties rather than any tangible benefits.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Final league table on 19:38 - May 9 with 2123 viewsHerbivore

Final league table on 19:13 - May 9 by tractordownsouth

The amount of Tory/Brexit Party politicians with "Got Brexit Done" in their twitter bios is ridiculous. We're in exactly the same situation yet they're still celebrating as if they've actually achieved something. Shows that to so many of them, it's just about being winners and sticking it to the lefties rather than any tangible benefits.

There's a lot of life's losers in amongst the hardest of Brexiters. Trying to bask in the reflected glory of 'winning' Brexit - though they won't tell us what they've actually won - is all they've really got.

Final league table on 23:36 - May 9 with 2012 viewsDinnernotTea

Final league table on 12:48 - May 9 by Pendejo

These are the days!

Given our overall form in 2020, were we clear of relegation?

We're 11th as of 1st January 2020 - Present. We were 6 points off bottom 3 having played 2/3 more games than most. Lambert on paper is here until 2024.

We're a disgusting football club.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Final league table on 01:12 - May 10 with 1952 viewsStNeotsBlue

Final league table on 23:36 - May 9 by DinnernotTea

We're 11th as of 1st January 2020 - Present. We were 6 points off bottom 3 having played 2/3 more games than most. Lambert on paper is here until 2024.

We're a disgusting football club.

I can think of many ways to describe ITFC in their current state but disgusting is a strange description.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024