Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stay Alert (n/t) 09:11 - May 10 with 7538 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:12 - May 10 with 2449 viewsWeWereZombies

Because Britain needs lerts...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:16 - May 10 with 2399 viewsHerbivore

Because being alert will definitely help me to spot Covid-19 and steer clear of it. All this government has is vacuous slogans and they can't even consistently stick to those. Whenever they have to put any meat on the bones they end up giving contradictory or confusing advice all over the place. The messaging on this has been woeful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:18 - May 10 with 2409 viewsMJallday

I think I just saw one. What do I do?

Wait, what does it look like again? Thing I saw might have been a hula hoop (barbecue flavour)

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:33 - May 10 with 2354 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:18 - May 10 by MJallday

Wait, what does it look like again? Thing I saw might have been a hula hoop (barbecue flavour)

What is so hard to comprehend about staying alert to the dangers of the virus particularly if we ease the stay at home policy.

Stay alert, continue to safe distance, wash hands etc don’t get complacent.
Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:37 - May 10 with 2321 viewssparks

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:33 - May 10 by blueblueburleymcgrew

What is so hard to comprehend about staying alert to the dangers of the virus particularly if we ease the stay at home policy.

Its a trite meaningless soundbite- which will be used as a placeholder for all sorts of vague crap.

Embarrassing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:38 - May 10 with 2312 viewsr2d2

Dont think we should be easing the lockdown. The experts reckon upto 20,000 a day are still catching the virus here, and with an average of 500 dieing each day, l cant see we are any further forward than we were 3 weeks ago when the virus was meant to be at its peak.
Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:38 - May 10 with 2302 viewsfooters

Good question.

Maybe all those who've been disobeying fairly clear instructions thus far could answer that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:39 - May 10 with 2307 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:37 - May 10 by sparks

Its a trite meaningless soundbite- which will be used as a placeholder for all sorts of vague crap.

Embarrassing.

In as much as we need nudging in our behaviour it’s effective enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:42 - May 10 with 2275 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:38 - May 10 by r2d2

Dont think we should be easing the lockdown. The experts reckon upto 20,000 a day are still catching the virus here, and with an average of 500 dieing each day, l cant see we are any further forward than we were 3 weeks ago when the virus was meant to be at its peak.

The increase in those testing positive coincides with an increase in testing doesn’t it?

it’s not 500 a day there is a lag in the numbers reported from previous days and weeks the actual daily death rate is much lower.
Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:43 - May 10 with 2261 viewsWeWereZombies

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:39 - May 10 by blueblueburleymcgrew

In as much as we need nudging in our behaviour it’s effective enough.

Quite, if we were to sign off our emails and phone calls with three paragraphs of a Guardian article eyes would start to glaze over pretty quickly...and responses dry up.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:46 - May 10 with 2224 viewssparks

The cat is out of the bag- people have stopped. The government have encouraged this (whether wittingly or otherwise).

Party somewhere near to me last night- whooping and singing until gone midnight, loud music- clear many voices outside. Drunken bbq probably.

Our figures remain poor and are not on the clear downward trend that other nations have hit before relaxing. But their measures were firmer and less wish washy in the first place. We are taking the US approach and following their pattern.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:47 - May 10 with 2223 viewsMJallday

It’s a 0.125millimeter microbe virus, not a zebra crossing on the a49

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:49 - May 10 with 2197 viewsNthQldITFC

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:37 - May 10 by sparks

Embarrassing.

Would you suggest an alternative, or to not have a slogan?

Personally I don't think its very important, but is it really embarrassing? I'm no fan of this government, but I think maybe sometimes we can get a bit too hot under the collar about everything they do, out of habit as much as anything else. I'm not having a go at you personally, certainly not.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:49 - May 10 with 2197 viewsmikeybloo88

Maybe a good question would be how are 20000 a day still catching the virus if everyone is observing the safety rules as they should be? Appreciate that obviously there are places like care homes and hospitals where exposure and risk is greater, but that wouldn't lead to 20000 a day. Seems to me that many of the public aren't and won't do their bit and it is they who are equally culpable and will force us to bite the bullet and start up again facing greater risk than we might have needed to...
Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:53 - May 10 with 2161 viewsHerbivore

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:46 - May 10 by sparks

The cat is out of the bag- people have stopped. The government have encouraged this (whether wittingly or otherwise).

Party somewhere near to me last night- whooping and singing until gone midnight, loud music- clear many voices outside. Drunken bbq probably.

Our figures remain poor and are not on the clear downward trend that other nations have hit before relaxing. But their measures were firmer and less wish washy in the first place. We are taking the US approach and following their pattern.

Few people round here had friends and family round, some garden parties going on. Lots more cars and people around on the streets generally too. Briefing the press that lockdown would be eased the day before a sunny bank holiday weekend is one of the grossest acts of government incompetence in living memory.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:55 - May 10 with 2159 viewssparks

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:49 - May 10 by NthQldITFC

Would you suggest an alternative, or to not have a slogan?

Personally I don't think its very important, but is it really embarrassing? I'm no fan of this government, but I think maybe sometimes we can get a bit too hot under the collar about everything they do, out of habit as much as anything else. I'm not having a go at you personally, certainly not.

The reliance on slogans is pretty facile.

More to the point, we have gone about this "lockdown" in a half arsed way- and have achieved less than others in similar periods as a result. Had we dont it properly int he first place, we might be able to relax withotu serious consequences now. But instead we will be dragging on for weeks or months, or will face a second spike.

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:57 - May 10 with 2147 viewsPinewoodblue

The message is OK but the colour scheme puts me off.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:57 - May 10 with 2148 viewsitfcjoe

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:55 - May 10 by sparks

The reliance on slogans is pretty facile.

More to the point, we have gone about this "lockdown" in a half arsed way- and have achieved less than others in similar periods as a result. Had we dont it properly int he first place, we might be able to relax withotu serious consequences now. But instead we will be dragging on for weeks or months, or will face a second spike.

Looking at what is coming out of the Government though, they think the lockdown has been too strictly adhered too, much more than they thought it would be and that is why it needs to be eased a bit as economy tanking.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:57 - May 10 with 2142 viewsr2d2

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:46 - May 10 by sparks

20,000 a day should be enough to encourage people to do the right thing. Stay at home has been the message. How is that wishy washy? Its very plain. People are basically selfish. Im alright jack s0d you attitudes.
Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 with 2132 viewsvapour_trail

Anybody supporting this ridiculous regime, bereft of any semblance of leadership, after the last few months, is thick as fcking pigsh1t.

I don’t see anybody handling this worse than the UK. Not even that orange fool over the atlantic.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 with 2131 viewssparks

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:57 - May 10 by Pinewoodblue

The message is OK but the colour scheme puts me off.

Its a meaningless message. It doesnt give a clear indication of what one is supposed to do.

And when it is juxtaposed with the old crass slogan, it simply gives people emotional permission to stop bothering. They need not stay home anymore- things are back to normal. Lets party.

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 with 2131 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:47 - May 10 by MJallday

It’s a 0.125millimeter microbe virus, not a zebra crossing on the a49

That’s not your line you pinched it off social media. Doesn’t make the need to remain alert and vigilant to ways to protect our well being any less relevant.
Stay Alert (n/t) on 10:02 - May 10 with 2086 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:57 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Looking at what is coming out of the Government though, they think the lockdown has been too strictly adhered too, much more than they thought it would be and that is why it needs to be eased a bit as economy tanking.

This is a disastrous message. Stay at home meant exactly that. Now staying alert gives a message that you can go out but be careful.

We shouldn’t be looking at easing anything for another two to three weeks imo. We are getting on top of this every day. Let’s see it through.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Stay Alert (n/t) on 10:03 - May 10 with 2088 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:18 - May 10 by MJallday

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stay Alert (n/t) on 10:05 - May 10 with 2079 viewsr2d2

Stay Alert (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 by sparks

Its a meaningless message. It doesnt give a clear indication of what one is supposed to do.

And when it is juxtaposed with the old crass slogan, it simply gives people emotional permission to stop bothering. They need not stay home anymore- things are back to normal. Lets party.

It will give licence to do as you want for most people. Exercise more than once a day will mean lets be out everywhere to lots of fools. They will open garden centres and every moron under the sun will be queued outside, even though they dont know which end of a spade to hold, havent got a garden or know who Monty Don is. Its a recipe for disaster. Because basically our country id full of utter bellends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024