Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... 15:24 - May 10 with 2938 viewshoppy

As someone trying to cope with the situation in a position where my other half is in hospital...

In terms of business, the lockdown and business closure measures enforced on a number of my clients has been awful for my business, and would benefit from getting back to some kind of normality. Realistically that isn’t going to happen for a while.

In terms of my life, the relaxation of these measures and the blatant ignorance of the guidelines up til now could be very serious.

I’ve had the following updates from KJ this morning...

An update from Kelly, this from a couple of hours ago...

“I appeared to be getting better. I’ve woken up feeling a bit crap and it’s painful to breathe. Doc listened to my back and my chest and said I now have pleurisy as well as covid. He then squeezed my calves as he does every day and said the left one felt different. He asked me if the painful breathing came on sunddenly, I said I just woke up like this and now all I want to do is sleep and it hurts to lay on my back. Now I have to go for a ct scan on my lungs. I asked about the antibiotics and he explained they are not to try and cure covid as there currently is no cure, they are to try and prevent secondary infections. With my crp (infection markers) still rising he said he needs to review what medication Is going to be best. I’m not going to lie. I am scared, not for me, but for you, the boys and Yasmin xxx”

And this one a short while ago...

“I’ve got to have injections to treat possible blood clots on my lungs :( that’s what the ct scan is for :( xxx”

So I urge you, however crap the ‘be alert’ tag line is, that the meaning behind it is still very much valid. We’re not ‘over’ it yet... for many, the impact of this, and of people being selfish and lacking in any kind of ability to follow guidelines, it could be much worse and last a lot longer than the time we’re locked down, so don’t be fooled into thinking if you want to go against what they’ve said, it doesn’t matter, well it might! Please do what you can to protect yourselves and others.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:28 - May 10 with 2047 viewsbluelagos

Sounds sh1t mate. Fingers crossed for KJ. x

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:29 - May 10 with 2048 viewsGuthrum

Hoping and praying that KJ gets through this phase of the illness. Preferably without having to be put on a ventilator.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:30 - May 10 with 2049 viewsitfcjoe

Sorry to hear that Hoppy, must be a very tough time for you.

My personal issue with the 'Be Alert' thread is that it seems deliberately ambiguous, and that whilst it doesn't really change the guidelines when you look at the small print it just opens up more loopholes for those who want to find a way round them which is dangerous.

All the best to KJ

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:32 - May 10 with 2020 viewsPecker

We are all with you and hoping for a quick and safe outcome. Sending thoughts and love to all.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:37 - May 10 with 1996 viewsPJH

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:32 - May 10 by Pecker

We are all with you and hoping for a quick and safe outcome. Sending thoughts and love to all.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Thinking of KJ, yourself, Yasmin and the boys.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:39 - May 10 with 1992 viewshoppy

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:30 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Sorry to hear that Hoppy, must be a very tough time for you.

My personal issue with the 'Be Alert' thread is that it seems deliberately ambiguous, and that whilst it doesn't really change the guidelines when you look at the small print it just opens up more loopholes for those who want to find a way round them which is dangerous.

All the best to KJ

I agree, it does sound ambiguous, and as you say, some will look to push the loopholes to the max.

It would be more helpful to be more blatant and spell it out what it means!

What was difficult was reading some of the responses... but I’ve just realised most of those were from the same muppet!

Thanks all, trying to remain strong, primarily for Yasmin’s sake, but struggling a bit today to be honest!

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:41 - May 10 with 1961 viewsitfcjoe

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:39 - May 10 by hoppy

I agree, it does sound ambiguous, and as you say, some will look to push the loopholes to the max.

What was difficult was reading some of the responses... but I’ve just realised most of those were from the same muppet!

Thanks all, trying to remain strong, primarily for Yasmin’s sake, but struggling a bit today to be honest!

Am sure you''re doing much better than you realise - just must be quite lonely for you as is and thoughts run away in times like that.

Can't even keep yourself busy, or go for an exercise as have responsibilities so no easy way. But just keep doing what you're doing.

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:42 - May 10 with 1945 viewsPecker

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:39 - May 10 by hoppy

The "muppet" has just been banned, so hopefully no more of that on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:43 - May 10 with 1942 viewsmonytowbray

Been reading these updates but hadn’t brought myself to comment. Sounds grim man. Hope it all goes back to normal soon.

If I have any clients looking for design stuff I’ll send them your way.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:46 - May 10 with 1922 viewshoppy

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:41 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Am sure you''re doing much better than you realise - just must be quite lonely for you as is and thoughts run away in times like that.

Can't even keep yourself busy, or go for an exercise as have responsibilities so no easy way. But just keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks Joe.

I’m trying to carry on as much as possible, but would be good To be able to do it without the tears I keep bursting into today. 🙁

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:46 - May 10 with 1917 viewsEdwardStone

Best wishes Hoppy

Fingers firmly crossed

I don't often use the Div List....but that pushy dimbo edge lord has ended up there...maybe you might consider div listing him too

Think of you and K J at this tricky time
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:47 - May 10 with 1903 viewsOldsmoker

My heart goes out to Kelly and you. Bluebadgers posts has made me aware of the secondary infections that cause most of the distress and Kelly is getting those unfortunately.
Some people just don't get IT because it's not happening to them. They don't seem to understand what the fuss is all about. Have we become so selfish as a society that having contributed to Captain Toms fund and clapped hands for one minute on a Thursday means we've done our bit so we should be released from lockdown.
Brexit showed me that some in the UK are just plain dumb and those flaunting the Lockdown are showing the same sort of ignorance.
We should all take a long hard look at ourselves as a nation because we seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere when it comes down to basic decency and doing the right thing.
Let's hope Kelly has a good nights sleep and feels better tomorrow.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:48 - May 10 with 1889 viewshoppy

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:43 - May 10 by monytowbray

Been reading these updates but hadn’t brought myself to comment. Sounds grim man. Hope it all goes back to normal soon.

If I have any clients looking for design stuff I’ll send them your way.

Cheers for that, much appreciated

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:53 - May 10 with 1867 viewsblueislander

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:48 - May 10 by hoppy

Cheers for that, much appreciated

Thinking of all three of you at this awful time. Try and stay strong for Yasmin. If in doubt, give her a big cuddle , and send KJ a virtual one.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:05 - May 10 with 1811 viewsChutney

I hope you get some positive news soon. I can't imagine what you're going through but stay positive, you will come through this and be stronger for it.

I find it staggering that the general public can get away with murder, while people point fingers at the government. I think there are huge question marks around how this has been dealt with, but I hear a lot of talk of a lack of clarity. There's a press conference EVERY DAY at 5pm where the same message has continually been delivered. Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives. The British public's inability and unwillingness to follow that because a huge amount of them are self centred c***s is a different question altogether. The message really couldn't have been much clearer. People need to channel their frustration in calling out family, friends, neighbours, strangers that aren't adhering to the direct guidance that's been laid out.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:20 - May 10 with 1752 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that, Hoppy. Send KJ our best and hope the next update is a step back in the right direction.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:22 - May 10 with 1717 viewsitfcjoe

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:05 - May 10 by Chutney

I hope you get some positive news soon. I can't imagine what you're going through but stay positive, you will come through this and be stronger for it.

I find it staggering that the general public can get away with murder, while people point fingers at the government. I think there are huge question marks around how this has been dealt with, but I hear a lot of talk of a lack of clarity. There's a press conference EVERY DAY at 5pm where the same message has continually been delivered. Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives. The British public's inability and unwillingness to follow that because a huge amount of them are self centred c***s is a different question altogether. The message really couldn't have been much clearer. People need to channel their frustration in calling out family, friends, neighbours, strangers that aren't adhering to the direct guidance that's been laid out.

The messages have been mixed from the start and continue to be.

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:33 - May 10 with 1670 viewsDeano69

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 15:46 - May 10 by hoppy

Thanks Joe.

I’m trying to carry on as much as possible, but would be good To be able to do it without the tears I keep bursting into today. 🙁

Thinking of you guys, if there’s anything I can do for you just ask, will help with whatever I can mate.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:38]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:37 - May 10 with 1653 viewsfactual_blue

Once again, all the very best for all of you. I can't think of anything else to say.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:44 - May 10 with 1620 viewsfactual_blue

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:05 - May 10 by Chutney

Yes. Here's the clear advice being given.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:45 - May 10 with 1608 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really sorry to hear Kelly has had a setback mate. All our thoughts are with you and wishing to hear some positive news from you in the coming days.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:50 - May 10 with 1593 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

mate can’t begin to imagine what you, Kelly and the family are going through. All the very best to you all.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:51 - May 10 with 1587 viewsHerbivore

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:22 - May 10 by itfcjoe

The messages have been mixed from the start and continue to be.

Yep. And it's a shame to see the poster using this thread to defend the government.

Best wishes to Hoppy, KJ, and Yasmin. This must be a terrible time for you all and I really hope that she starts to improve soon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:57 - May 10 with 1570 viewsChutney

Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:51 - May 10 by Herbivore

Yep. And it's a shame to see the poster using this thread to defend the government.

Best wishes to Hoppy, KJ, and Yasmin. This must be a terrible time for you all and I really hope that she starts to improve soon.

I think most are using the thread to give their heartfelt thoughts to a fellow poster on what is a horrible situation, not to dish out down arrows.

I have nothing but contempt for this government generally. My point is people shouldn't need to be spoon fed and should take some responsibility. If 80% can manage it then the other 20% should be able to too. There's been a lack of clarity in a number of the specifics, but the general message is stay home. That's been ignored spectacularly by a lot of people this weekend and they should be held to account.
Found it hard reading the ‘Stay alert’ thread... on 16:57 - May 10 with 1564 viewsjeera

Best wishes as always mate.

Send our love.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024