Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all gone political now hasn't it 23:56 - May 10 with 3143 viewsTrequartista

First few weeks it felt like we were genuinely in this together, like Brexit was in a former lifetime, but it's all come back again now. Right-wing wanting to open everything up, left-wing wanting it all closed. Braying mobs going after anyone who dissents from the official line, despite no-one having any conclusive evidence for anything.

Cuh.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 00:03 - May 11 with 2124 viewsSpruceMoose

Funny how it's always the right wing that wants to fook everything up. It's almost as if there's something inherently selfish, self serving and short sighted about that particular political persuasion.

Serious question to those people who want to break this quarantine and go about their business as if nothing was a problem. Why should front line health care workers continue to risk their own lives for yours, seeing as you give zero fúck about theirs?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 0:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 06:56 - May 11 with 1954 viewshomer_123

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 00:03 - May 11 by SpruceMoose

Funny how it's always the right wing that wants to fook everything up. It's almost as if there's something inherently selfish, self serving and short sighted about that particular political persuasion.

Serious question to those people who want to break this quarantine and go about their business as if nothing was a problem. Why should front line health care workers continue to risk their own lives for yours, seeing as you give zero fúck about theirs?

The question bo one is asking is what has 'actually' changed to warrant an easing?

Have we now found a vaccine?
Are we now producing natural anti-bodies?
Have we found effective ways to protect and treat those hat have it?
Can we now stop the spread?
Are we now sure there won't be a second wave?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:10 - May 11 with 1921 viewsdickie

Accidental down vote! Clumsy thumbs!
It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:21 - May 11 with 1911 viewsDanTheMan

I genuinely don't remember Brexit being anything other than political.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:27 - May 11 with 1891 viewsGuthrum

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 06:56 - May 11 by homer_123

The question bo one is asking is what has 'actually' changed to warrant an easing?

Have we now found a vaccine?
Are we now producing natural anti-bodies?
Have we found effective ways to protect and treat those hat have it?
Can we now stop the spread?
Are we now sure there won't be a second wave?

Tho it also has to be considered how much has actually changed in the lockdown. The answer is not all that much.

There will be a little more excercise allowed, but still no social interaction or group activities outside of the household.

People unable to WFH can go back to their jobs if social distancing rules are strictly observed. That was already the case.

Otherwise, nothing has immediately changed. The rest of the plan is all for the future and highly conditional upon the numbers falling farther and faster than they have been so far.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:56 - May 11 with 1817 viewsDubtractor

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:21 - May 11 by DanTheMan

I genuinely don't remember Brexit being anything other than political.

I think he meant that it was nice not to be political after Brexit, as though it was long forgotten, not that brexit itself was non political at any point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:19 - May 11 with 1753 viewshampstead_blue

Not sure about your first point but the second point has always been thus.
Both political sides have a small section of muppets with such narrow views it can't work.

People will always be stupid knowing there is a safety net to catch them.
There is no politics in that. It's just risk taking/bone stupidity.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:20 - May 11 with 1748 viewshomer_123

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 07:27 - May 11 by Guthrum

Tho it also has to be considered how much has actually changed in the lockdown. The answer is not all that much.

There will be a little more excercise allowed, but still no social interaction or group activities outside of the household.

People unable to WFH can go back to their jobs if social distancing rules are strictly observed. That was already the case.

Otherwise, nothing has immediately changed. The rest of the plan is all for the future and highly conditional upon the numbers falling farther and faster than they have been so far.

Indeed. What were people expecting...moreover what's difficult to understand.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:25 - May 11 with 1745 viewsDanTheMan

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:20 - May 11 by homer_123

Whilst I have said this in the other thread, for me personally it wasn't that the speech, taken by itself, was hard to understand, just that it left a lot up to interpretation. Obviously we'll be getting more specifics today but it was a bit weird on a Sunday night to tell people they should now be going into to work tomorrow with little notice.

Hopefully though most of the current concerns will be dealt with by the guidance that gets issued today.

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:26 - May 11 with 1739 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour leader was calling for the government to lay out an exit strategy nearly a month ago and before we knew we had hit the peak.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-wants-lock

Now the government is laying out an exit strategy, the left are accusing the right of being selfish and short sighted.

And other than coming up with a stupid new slogan, nothing has really changed. All that has been done is it set up possible dates for some relaxation of the lockdown.

Confused? You will be.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:30]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:30 - May 11 with 1715 viewsDanTheMan

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:26 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

The Labour leader was calling for the government to lay out an exit strategy nearly a month ago and before we knew we had hit the peak.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-wants-lock

Now the government is laying out an exit strategy, the left are accusing the right of being selfish and short sighted.

And other than coming up with a stupid new slogan, nothing has really changed. All that has been done is it set up possible dates for some relaxation of the lockdown.

Confused? You will be.

There is a difference between wanting to know what the exit strategy is, and subsequently criticising said strategy.

In this instance, I don't think it's hypocritical to do so.

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:33 - May 11 with 1694 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:30 - May 11 by DanTheMan

There is a difference between wanting to know what the exit strategy is, and subsequently criticising said strategy.

In this instance, I don't think it's hypocritical to do so.

But the exit strategy isn’t being criticised from what I see. The criticism I see is that right wingers are demanding we open everything up.

These people are idiots and we shouldn't’ be listed to. It a lease Johnson hasn’t listened to his own swivel eyed loons.

What’s been opened up? A few vague dates have been put forward if we meet certain criteria regarding infection rates and deaths.

Meet should be put in the bones today in Parliament as should be and a full discussion of the strategy will take place.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:36]

Iron Lion Zion

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:34 - May 11 with 1686 viewsMullet

Confused? You will be.

This isn’t an “exit strategy” though is it? It’s a bunch of sound bites and nods towards everyone rushing for the door.

For all the braying “I know exactly what Boris said/meant” tweets and proclamations, the best of them seem to follow it up with “common sense” at best. I don’t think it would be unreasonable a month ago to be like many other countries and say when the numbers get to X we introduce this measure, then when dropping to Y this measure etc.

Now we’ve got people even more divided and scared of doing the wrong thing or killing their loved ones at odds with those starved into going back to work for fear of losing everything.

It was only last week you had the “right” demanding Boris sets his people free in the starkest terms via the papers, so I don’t think your post adds up at all to say it is merely one side vs. The other.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:35 - May 11 with 1679 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:25 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Whilst I have said this in the other thread, for me personally it wasn't that the speech, taken by itself, was hard to understand, just that it left a lot up to interpretation. Obviously we'll be getting more specifics today but it was a bit weird on a Sunday night to tell people they should now be going into to work tomorrow with little notice.

Hopefully though most of the current concerns will be dealt with by the guidance that gets issued today.

The going to work if you can’t work from home has always been in place since the lockdown began hasn’t it?

Iron Lion Zion

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:37 - May 11 with 1670 viewsDanTheMan

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:33 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

But the exit strategy isn’t being criticised from what I see. The criticism I see is that right wingers are demanding we open everything up.

These people are idiots and we shouldn't’ be listed to. It a lease Johnson hasn’t listened to his own swivel eyed loons.

What’s been opened up? A few vague dates have been put forward if we meet certain criteria regarding infection rates and deaths.

Meet should be put in the bones today in Parliament as should be and a full discussion of the strategy will take place.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:36]

I think the main difference, personally, is the advice that people should be going back to work. I'd say that is a sizable difference.

When I'm talking about criticism, I mean more from the politicians and businesses I've read rather than people on here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52610585

I think these are fairly valid concerns.

As you say, the rest of it is fairly noncommittal.

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:37 - May 11 with 1669 viewsfactual_blue

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:25 - May 11 by DanTheMan

It's almost as though a Cabinet full of over-privileged nincompoops don't understand the lives of ordinary people, isn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:39 - May 11 with 1642 viewsHerbivore

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:20 - May 11 by homer_123

It seems Dominic Raab doesn't understand the new guidance. I know he's thick as sh!t but it's meant to be his guidance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:39 - May 11 with 1653 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:37 - May 11 by factual_blue

It's almost as though a Cabinet full of over-privileged nincompoops don't understand the lives of ordinary people, isn't it?

I thought you said that the civil servants had taken over the running of the country and sidelined the politicians in March?

Iron Lion Zion

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:40 - May 11 with 1648 viewsDanTheMan

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:35 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

The going to work if you can’t work from home has always been in place since the lockdown began hasn’t it?

As Faisal Islam put it:
What we did get was a "change of emphasis" - that people should assume they should go back to work, rather than presume they should not..

So whilst nothing may have changed from a regulatory standpoint (as far as I'm aware) the messaging is now you should be looking to go back to work.

Maybe this is why people are slightly confused. If literally nothing has changed rather than some slightly relaxed exercise rules, then why change all the messaging and make a big deal out of it?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:41 - May 11 with 1623 viewsHerbivore

Confused? You will be.

What has been outlined doesn't amount to an exit strategy. It's what they hope will happen all being well. There's nothing specific about how the government plans to ensure that we continue to stay on top of the disease and what we intend to replace lockdown with to control the spread. All we've got is shifting responsibility on to individuals and businesses and away from government.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:42 - May 11 with 1626 viewsgordon

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:40 - May 11 by DanTheMan

As Faisal Islam put it:
What we did get was a "change of emphasis" - that people should assume they should go back to work, rather than presume they should not..

So whilst nothing may have changed from a regulatory standpoint (as far as I'm aware) the messaging is now you should be looking to go back to work.

Maybe this is why people are slightly confused. If literally nothing has changed rather than some slightly relaxed exercise rules, then why change all the messaging and make a big deal out of it?

I think saying that 'active encouragement' should be given to manufacturing and construction staff to get back to work is a pretty big change.
It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:44 - May 11 with 1607 viewsartsbossbeard

As Faisal Islam put it:

Simply put, if you now catch Covid19, you've not stayed alert enough.

It's on you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:47 - May 11 with 1586 viewsGlasgowBlue

As Faisal Islam put it:

I agree that they shouldn’t be changing the messaging. Stay at home meant stay at home. My view is we shouldn’t be relaxing any measures for another two weeks.

But other than a daft slogan I dint see any material changes to the “lockdown”. Just an exit strategy with dates when certain sectors may open if we hit targets regarding the r rate, deaths and hospital admissions.

Iron Lion Zion

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:49 - May 11 with 1576 viewshampstead_blue

As Faisal Islam put it:

Good post.

I had a test least Sunday, clear, and the result came with the message that I should go back to work providing social distancing could be respected.
I'm going to speak to my CEO this morning on our weekly call and offer to go back.

The Gov message is clear. Stay Alert - whilst going out more you need to be more alert that your 2m space is being respected.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:51 - May 11 with 1565 viewsDanTheMan

It's all gone political now hasn't it on 08:47 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

I agree that they shouldn’t be changing the messaging. Stay at home meant stay at home. My view is we shouldn’t be relaxing any measures for another two weeks.

But other than a daft slogan I dint see any material changes to the “lockdown”. Just an exit strategy with dates when certain sectors may open if we hit targets regarding the r rate, deaths and hospital admissions.

I guess we'll see more today really, and whether more people are back in a workplace in the coming fortnight.

I'm probably now more confused following this conversation than I was when I woke up!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024