Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... 07:39 - May 11 with 1224 viewsITFC_Forever

....quarantined, but not those via ferry / the tunnel?

How the feck does that make sense?

And for those who are supposed to be returning to work today, who’s going to look after their kids if schools are closed, can’t use grandparents / other usual arrangements?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 07:56 - May 11 with 1030 viewsFixed_It

Well the kids can't go outside for unlimited exercise until Wednesday - so that's a problem.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 08:37 - May 11 with 984 viewsITFC_Forever

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 07:56 - May 11 by Fixed_It

Well the kids can't go outside for unlimited exercise until Wednesday - so that's a problem.

They'll have to run laps of the lounge in the meantime.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 09:40 - May 11 with 936 viewsGuthrum

People travel a lot further by air and from a wider variety of places.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 09:46 - May 11 with 922 viewsNewcyBlue

That might be an issue for when I get back from sea next time. Knowing my luck the twins will be born during my week quarantine!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:17 - May 11 with 891 viewsBlueBadger

It's quite simple. Our government are incompetent and stupid.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:22 - May 11 with 883 viewsGlasgowBlue

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:17 - May 11 by BlueBadger

It's quite simple. Our government are incompetent and stupid.

I’m often surprised how Guthurs often makes a well considered post and everyone else goes “Nah! Ignore that sh1t. A quick negative soundbite is easier”
[Post edited 11 May 2020 10:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:26 - May 11 with 877 viewsRyorry

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 08:37 - May 11 by ITFC_Forever

They'll have to run laps of the lounge in the meantime.

Whilst being very self-disciplined and home-schooling themselves

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:36 - May 11 with 856 viewsBlueBadger

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:22 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

I’m often surprised how Guthurs often makes a well considered post and everyone else goes “Nah! Ignore that sh1t. A quick negative soundbite is easier”

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's mainly because Guffers has summed it up and there's no point in adding to it so I might as well be sarcastic in my case.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:43 - May 11 with 843 viewsKeno

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 09:40 - May 11 by Guthrum

Which is true apart from my mate who says when he flys back from Wuhan he will light into Paris, then drive to Calais and get the ferry from there

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:55 - May 11 with 826 viewsGuthrum

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:43 - May 11 by Keno

Which is true apart from my mate who says when he flys back from Wuhan he will light into Paris, then drive to Calais and get the ferry from there

Indeed. But there's a limit to how micro you can realistically go. The resources to intern all ferry travellers would be enormous, to cover very few exceptions like that.

Plus he'd be caught by the French quarantine first.

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:59 - May 11 with 818 viewsKeno

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:55 - May 11 by Guthrum

Indeed. But there's a limit to how micro you can realistically go. The resources to intern all ferry travellers would be enormous, to cover very few exceptions like that.

I was being fec, facit, facet, ...... stupid

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:26 - May 11 with 803 viewsRyorry

Still seems illogical to me - it's hardly as though France has been Covid_19 free.

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:30 - May 11 with 796 viewsgordon

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 10:22 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

The position did change this morning though, it does now apply to ferries, unless you are coming in from a list of certain approved countries.
So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:31 - May 11 with 794 viewsgordon

This is nonsense - it would just mean that almost no-one would come to the country, so the resources needed wouldn't be significant.
So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:47 - May 11 with 782 viewsallezlesbleus

I don't understand why the quarantine restrictions weren't put in place at the middle / end of March.
So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:48 - May 11 with 776 viewsKeno

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:47 - May 11 by allezlesbleus

I don't understand why the quarantine restrictions weren't put in place at the middle / end of March.

you and about 55 million other people

It's a symptom of the world we live in unfortunately..... on 11:57 - May 11 with 768 viewsBloots

….everyone loves a negative headline.

I saw something being touted around the net the other day showing our death rate as being by far the highest in Europe, 4 or 5 times higher than every other country in the world......it was getting a huge amount of traction.

A lone dissenting voice pointed out that it only showed the rate from the last week and it didn't include all countries......ignored.

Bully made a comment last week about the death rate not falling by as much as it had the previous week.

Everyone piled on with the usual blame shame game.

I pointed out that the death rate had dropped for the 4th consecutive week and that each week the rate had dropped by a higher percentage than the previous week.

It was largely ignored other than the fact that I got some abuse for being an armchair statistician.

Not politics, just correcting untruths.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:11 - May 11 with 705 viewsWeWereZombies

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:26 - May 11 by Ryorry

Still seems illogical to me - it's hardly as though France has been Covid_19 free.

True, but you have to consider all those poor Brits who have been unable to visit their French holiday homes...and all those French finance professionals who work and live In London and need to check up on their flats.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:31 - May 11 with 690 viewsGeoffSentence

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:11 - May 11 by WeWereZombies

True, but you have to consider all those poor Brits who have been unable to visit their French holiday homes...and all those French finance professionals who work and live In London and need to check up on their flats.

and people going to France to get their hair cut.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:38 - May 11 with 673 viewsSwansea_Blue

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 09:40 - May 11 by Guthrum

I've got two theories on this:

1. Ferry travel is safer because once the virus gets in the sea, it's clearly just flow off the edge of the world and isn't a problem any more.

2. It's obviously because seawater impares the transmission of 5G radiation and so prevents the spread of the virus.

Both are equally plausible imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:45 - May 11 with 665 viewsgordon

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:38 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

1. Ferry travel is safer because once the virus gets in the sea, it's clearly just flow off the edge of the world and isn't a problem any more.

2. It's obviously because seawater impares the transmission of 5G radiation and so prevents the spread of the virus.

Possible that seafaring types are just generally more alert.

Also the App in the Isle of Wight might be helping vessels in the English Channel.
So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:58 - May 11 with 645 viewsGeoffSentence

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:38 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

SHouldn't we be injecting ourselves with seawater?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 14:21 - May 11 with 623 viewsKeno

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 13:58 - May 11 by GeoffSentence

SHouldn't we be injecting ourselves with seawater?

Maybe seamen have an effect on the virus ......
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:26]

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 14:24 - May 11 with 618 viewsRyorry

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 14:21 - May 11 by Keno

Maybe seamen have an effect on the virus ......
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:26]

Naughty step for you!

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 14:25 - May 11 with 614 viewsGuthrum

So those coming in to the UK by air need to be.... on 11:47 - May 11 by allezlesbleus

Far too late by then. Needed to be in place by the middle of January, if not earlier.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024