Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The guidance 08:34 - May 11 with 3949 viewsHerbivore

Within the space of about an hour this morning Domino Raab has gone from saying you can see your mum and dad separately outdoors, one in the morning and one on the afternoon, to saying you can see them both together as long as you stay 2m apart. It seems even the government doesn't understand its own guidance. What hope for Joe Public? This really is a shambles. Messaging needs to be clear and consistent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The guidance on 08:39 - May 11 with 1948 viewsMullet

Can I drive 5hrs or so to see mine now it’s been months?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The guidance on 08:40 - May 11 with 1938 viewsKieran_Knows

The good thing now though, that I have of this morning woke up and alert to this virus. I feel like a new man.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The guidance on 08:40 - May 11 with 1938 viewsStokieBlue

Well that's me confused as I thought you still weren't supposed to see them and nothing had changed in that regard.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The guidance on 08:42 - May 11 with 1917 viewsHerbivore

The guidance on 08:40 - May 11 by StokieBlue

Well that's me confused as I thought you still weren't supposed to see them and nothing had changed in that regard.

SB

Apparently one person from one household can meet outdoors, or two people depending on what platform you listened to Dominic Raab on this morning. What a bunch of utter incompetents.

The guidance on 08:44 - May 11 with 1900 viewsfactual_blue

The guidance on 08:40 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

The good thing now though, that I have of this morning woke up and alert to this virus. I feel like a new man.

I'm afraid you can only virtually date this new man though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The guidance on 08:44 - May 11 with 1897 viewsartsbossbeard

The guidance on 08:39 - May 11 by Mullet

If she lives in England, yes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The guidance on 08:46 - May 11 with 1883 viewsmikeybloo88

I know I have made some posts saying you can't totally blame the government for people's stupidity, but I can't say that this morning. Raab has just said we can travel as far as we want within England to take exercise, walk on beaches, see family as long as everything is done outdoors and we stay 2m apart.....didn't he? Seems a clear instruction to me for people to be stupid.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:47]
The guidance on 08:46 - May 11 with 1875 viewsHerbivore

I think it depends on which member of the cabinet you ask and when you ask them.

Login to get fewer ads

The guidance on 08:47 - May 11 with 1866 viewsMullet

The guidance on 08:44 - May 11 by artsbossbeard

If she lives in England, yes.

Halesworth is its own country, maybe I can sneak in via Peasenhall or over Metfield aerodrome to shout hello through the letterbox?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The guidance on 08:50 - May 11 with 1837 viewsartsbossbeard

The guidance on 08:47 - May 11 by Mullet

Halesworth is its own country, maybe I can sneak in via Peasenhall or over Metfield aerodrome to shout hello through the letterbox?

Make sure you wear a mask.

Batman or Spiderman style acceptable but warn them firstly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The guidance on 08:51 - May 11 with 1829 viewshampstead_blue

The question on R4 wasn't clear.

Hussain didn't lay down the point that they did/did not live together. He made the assumption that they lived apart, hence 2m.

My youngest son can hang out with as he lives at home.
My eldest sons can also hang out as they are clear. They don't live at home.

There isn't black and white in this. Never will be.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The guidance on 08:51 - May 11 with 1825 viewsbluelagos

My Dad is 35 mins away, so bit easier for me. From Wednesday I can legally meet him in a park, 2m away of course. All good.

Our good friend Raab was asked this morning on Sky news whether you can visit an elderly relative in their garden (my Dad wouldnt make the local park so of some interest to me) and he couldn't answer the question....

He did refer a number of times to the new guidance being released at 2pm today so hopefully we will get some clarity shortly.

Lots of similar questions, legitimate ones but I guess we need to be patient for now.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The guidance on 08:52 - May 11 with 1816 viewsStokieBlue

The guidance on 08:42 - May 11 by Herbivore

Apparently one person from one household can meet outdoors, or two people depending on what platform you listened to Dominic Raab on this morning. What a bunch of utter incompetents.

That's not what they said last night in the announcement though. Just checked and they didn't mention seeing family at all so no idea what Rabb is on about.

SB

The guidance on 08:53 - May 11 with 1806 viewsgordon

So is the lockdown now over, and non-essential travel fine?
The guidance on 08:53 - May 11 with 1803 viewsDarth_Koont

A cynic might suggest that the government is setting up the general public to become complicit in the ever-deepening sh!tshow.

Pronouns: He/Him

The guidance on 08:54 - May 11 with 1783 viewsJimmyJazz

Two weeks time and we'll be back in lockdown as per a few weeks ago.

It'll be the public's actions in the next 2 weeks though that put us back there

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The guidance on 08:55 - May 11 with 1782 viewsStokieBlue

The guidance on 08:53 - May 11 by gordon

So is the lockdown now over, and non-essential travel fine?

This is where an authoritarian regime has us beat. The ruler says X and everyone else says X or they are executed via an artillery barrage.

What we have is people who aren't particularly clever trying to be clever instead of repeating X.

SB

The guidance on 08:56 - May 11 with 1763 viewshomer_123

Wasn't the guidance last night that as of Wednesday you can go to public places (parks etc.) and meet people if you stay 2m apart (social distancing).

Hasn't the Gov merely confirmed that those people you can meet might be your Mum & Dad?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The guidance on 08:57 - May 11 with 1751 viewsgordon

The guidance on 08:55 - May 11 by StokieBlue

This is where an authoritarian regime has us beat. The ruler says X and everyone else says X or they are executed via an artillery barrage.

What we have is people who aren't particularly clever trying to be clever instead of repeating X.

SB

Crikey! Or, this is where vaguely competent communication has us beat!
The guidance on 08:57 - May 11 with 1746 viewsbluelagos

The guidance on 08:52 - May 11 by StokieBlue

That's not what they said last night in the announcement though. Just checked and they didn't mention seeing family at all so no idea what Rabb is on about.

SB

It was said you can visit parks etc. And you can meet 1 person there. But you must be 2m apart.

So you can travel to meet an elderly relative whilst social distancing. That was how I read it. But not to visit them inside their homes.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The guidance on 08:58 - May 11 with 1741 viewshomer_123

The guidance on 08:57 - May 11 by bluelagos

It was said you can visit parks etc. And you can meet 1 person there. But you must be 2m apart.

So you can travel to meet an elderly relative whilst social distancing. That was how I read it. But not to visit them inside their homes.

This - a bit of common sense isn't it?

And this is from Wednesday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The guidance on 08:58 - May 11 with 1737 viewsHerbivore

The guidance on 08:51 - May 11 by hampstead_blue

The question on R4 wasn't clear.

Hussain didn't lay down the point that they did/did not live together. He made the assumption that they lived apart, hence 2m.

My youngest son can hang out with as he lives at home.
My eldest sons can also hang out as they are clear. They don't live at home.

There isn't black and white in this. Never will be.

Pathetic.

The guidance on 08:59 - May 11 with 1720 viewsHerbivore

The guidance on 08:56 - May 11 by homer_123

Wasn't the guidance last night that as of Wednesday you can go to public places (parks etc.) and meet people if you stay 2m apart (social distancing).

Hasn't the Gov merely confirmed that those people you can meet might be your Mum & Dad?

There was no mention last night of meeting people from other households.

The guidance on 08:59 - May 11 with 1719 viewsPinewoodblue

The guidance on 08:51 - May 11 by bluelagos

My Dad is 35 mins away, so bit easier for me. From Wednesday I can legally meet him in a park, 2m away of course. All good.

Our good friend Raab was asked this morning on Sky news whether you can visit an elderly relative in their garden (my Dad wouldnt make the local park so of some interest to me) and he couldn't answer the question....

He did refer a number of times to the new guidance being released at 2pm today so hopefully we will get some clarity shortly.

Lots of similar questions, legitimate ones but I guess we need to be patient for now.

They seem to forgetting that the existing rules are, in many cases, still there. There is still presumably a limit on the number who can gather together in public.

Isn’t there a rally planned for onevof the London parks this coming Saturday.?

Too many inexperienced junior officers and a lack of Generals. They have given the go ahead for everyone to interpret things in anyway they like.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The guidance on 09:01 - May 11 with 1705 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think you could have done this anyway as long as you walked around the garden for more than 5 hours #weshouldallbeabitmoreswedish

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024