Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... 09:57 - May 11 with 1202 viewsitfcjoe

....looking forward to watching some live football.

Is it on BT Sport only or elsewhere?

Hoping Fortuna do well, but can't resist watching Dortmund with Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland ripping it up - although part of the fun of watching them is the atmosphere their fans create.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:00 - May 11 with 1189 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, think all Bundesliga is on BT Sport.

It's why I'm such a big follower of it because of the English lads out there. A shame Reece Oxford hasn't kicked on really.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:09 - May 11 with 1149 viewsitfcjoe

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:00 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

It's why I'm such a big follower of it because of the English lads out there. A shame Reece Oxford hasn't kicked on really.

What other English lads are playing regularly? Lookman at Liepzig?

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:12 - May 11 with 1136 viewsChutney

It'll be crap behind closed doors.
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:15 - May 11 with 1127 viewsitfcjoe

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:12 - May 11 by Chutney

From my experience of watching a lot of reserve and youth football some games will be, but quite often a game will flare up into life and be a good watch when I go.

Admittedly there is a crowd there, but you are talking about a few dozen people.

Will be some stinkers, but will be enough games worth watching - just wonder how TV coverage will be as looking at empty seats makes a game worse

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:16 - May 11 with 1119 viewsr2d2

Dynamo Dresden have got players with coronavirus. Have to go into isolation for 14 days. They are league 2, but is this going to happen all over? My guess is it will. Cannot see seasons getting finished. Will be interesting to see what happens in Germany with the footie though. Will give the powers that be in this country an idea as what to expect.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 10:17]
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:17 - May 11 with 1113 viewsAce_High1

None of the games are showing in the TV guide though, anyone know if they are on?

As you say Joe I do enjoy watching Dortmund for their attacking flair.
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:19 - May 11 with 1097 viewsChutney

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:15 - May 11 by itfcjoe

From my experience of watching a lot of reserve and youth football some games will be, but quite often a game will flare up into life and be a good watch when I go.

Admittedly there is a crowd there, but you are talking about a few dozen people.

Will be some stinkers, but will be enough games worth watching - just wonder how TV coverage will be as looking at empty seats makes a game worse

I mean it's better than nothing I guess, but yes the flatness in terms of noise (or lack of) and plastic seats in shot will massively impact it. Dortmund v Schalke would otherwise be an interesting spectacle. Need to whisper it around these parts but I've long since followed Koln (before the Town / Dusseldorf love in kicked off) so I'll be following them again.
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:20 - May 11 with 1097 viewsSWGF

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:16 - May 11 by r2d2

Dynamo Dresden have got players with coronavirus. Have to go into isolation for 14 days. They are league 2, but is this going to happen all over? My guess is it will. Cannot see seasons getting finished. Will be interesting to see what happens in Germany with the footie though. Will give the powers that be in this country an idea as what to expect.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 10:17]

I can't see how there are currently *zero* occurrences within ALL the playing/coaching staff of ALL the Bundesliga 1 teams which means none of them are isolated. Got to be almost statistically impossible, hasn't it?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:21 - May 11 with 1085 viewsuefacup81

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:12 - May 11 by Chutney

Watching the K-League match on the Beeb on Friday, it wasn't all that bad. The 'piped-in' crowd noise actually sounded good, and the commentator went as far as to assure us three or four times that there were no fans in the stadium.

Couple that with a good match and it should be an enjoyable watch.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:21 - May 11 with 1085 viewsSWGF

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:17 - May 11 by Ace_High1

None of the games are showing in the TV guide though, anyone know if they are on?

As you say Joe I do enjoy watching Dortmund for their attacking flair.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:28 - May 11 with 1061 viewsitfcjoe

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:19 - May 11 by Chutney

I mean it's better than nothing I guess, but yes the flatness in terms of noise (or lack of) and plastic seats in shot will massively impact it. Dortmund v Schalke would otherwise be an interesting spectacle. Need to whisper it around these parts but I've long since followed Koln (before the Town / Dusseldorf love in kicked off) so I'll be following them again.

My support out that way is pretty fleeting and have liked about half the teams at various stages over the last few years! Have been to a number of grounds out there, both for German football and the WC and Dortmund by far my favourite in that respect.

Saw Bayern at the new Spurs ground earlier this season (7-2) and it was a sensational quality to watch.

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:36 - May 11 with 1034 viewsBloomBlue

If you took the option to suspended BT sport while no sport was available do you have to unsuspend to get it or will it automatically start again and BT sport start billing you again - any idea?
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:43 - May 11 with 1020 viewsJakeITFC

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:20 - May 11 by SWGF

I can't see how there are currently *zero* occurrences within ALL the playing/coaching staff of ALL the Bundesliga 1 teams which means none of them are isolated. Got to be almost statistically impossible, hasn't it?

Slight tangent, but they tested 5,603 MLB players/coaches/staff over the weekend and only 60 of them tested positive.

This is the largest cross country sample carried out in the USA but adds some weight to the argument that it's not that widely spread amongst the population.
Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:53 - May 11 with 1000 viewsSWGF

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:43 - May 11 by JakeITFC

Slight tangent, but they tested 5,603 MLB players/coaches/staff over the weekend and only 60 of them tested positive.

This is the largest cross country sample carried out in the USA but adds some weight to the argument that it's not that widely spread amongst the population.

Wow, that is low. I hear a local NHS Trust recently tested 1000 employees and 70 were positive. None had any symptoms.

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 11:09 - May 11 with 970 viewsKieran_Knows

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 10:09 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Don't think he's getting much game time at Leipzig, neither is Ampadu which is a shame as he was class against Spurs in the first leg.

Other players are;
Rabbi Matondo - Schalke
Keanan Bennetts = Borrusia Monchengladbach (think he mainly plays for their 2nd side)
Chima Okoroji - Freiburg (out on loan in the 2nd division though)
Antony Evans - Paderborn (only joined in January)
Jonjoe Kenny - Schalke
Xavier Amaechi - Hamburg (2nd division)
Matt Penney - St Pauli (2nd division)

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 11:15 - May 11 with 952 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ethan Ampadu is out there but doesn't really get too much game time at all.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bundesliga back at the weekend then.... on 11:20 - May 11 with 945 viewsSomethingBlue

Lookman barely plays, sadly. Jonjoe Kenny is doing very well though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/07/everton-jonjoe-kenny-schalke-bu
[Post edited 11 May 2020 11:36]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024