Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. 11:54 - May 11 with 1070 viewsgordon

The incompetence of this is mind-blowing - they cann't even manage to coherently communicate what day of the week these changes (if they are changes) apply.

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:01 - May 11 with 1027 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, Boris said from today didn't he?

Not surprisingly it's being misreported too (as per the tweet blow - and look at those crowds with no social distancing whatsoever - very high chance they'll be heading for a another spike in London I suspect).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:03 - May 11 with 1018 viewsEwan_Oozami

"the lockdown has worked"????

Surely that should be "the lockdown appears to be working"?

This is the sort of thing up with which I will not put....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:17 - May 11 with 976 viewsgordon

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:01 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

Not surprisingly it's being misreported too (as per the tweet blow - and look at those crowds with no social distancing whatsoever - very high chance they'll be heading for a another spike in London I suspect).

They've even lost Schofield!

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:29 - May 11 with 941 viewsLankHenners

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:01 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, they must be all the lefty political point scorers deliberately misunderstanding the advice to score some online clout.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:48 - May 11 with 900 viewsDarth_Koont

This whole thing has been so badly done, I can't get past the idea that it's been done on purpose.

Some sort of nudge theory that's going to trigger enough of the population into puncturing the lockdown severely enough that it looks like the "will of the people" again. With the added benefit of the population being suddenly complicit in the overall mess.

They've probably learnt the lesson from Brexit where if you stoke up the electorate and make them complicit then you're effectively shielded from being judged too harshly except by libtards and snowflakes.

Pronouns: He/Him

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:53 - May 11 with 875 viewsgordon

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:48 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

This whole thing has been so badly done, I can't get past the idea that it's been done on purpose.

Some sort of nudge theory that's going to trigger enough of the population into puncturing the lockdown severely enough that it looks like the "will of the people" again. With the added benefit of the population being suddenly complicit in the overall mess.

They've probably learnt the lesson from Brexit where if you stoke up the electorate and make them complicit then you're effectively shielded from being judged too harshly except by libtards and snowflakes.

The vagueness is the point: it allows workplaces to demand staff return to work, but when the inevitable second wave comes, the govt will be able to say, well, we said you still had to abide by the social distancing regulations, not our fault. That's all it achieves, really, a bit more economic activity, and the govt not directly responsible for the increase in death.
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:58 - May 11 with 859 viewsDanTheMan

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:17 - May 11 by gordon

They've even lost Schofield!

I don't think I've ever seen him annoyed.

I don't like it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:03 - May 11 with 850 viewsgordon

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:58 - May 11 by DanTheMan

I don't think I've ever seen him annoyed.

I don't like it.

Lucky he didn't see that c*nt cruising down the Thames without a care in the world in a massive luxury yacht.
Login to get fewer ads

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:09 - May 11 with 829 viewsfactual_blue

So long as you Stay Alert, you'll be fine.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:13 - May 11 with 816 viewsgordon

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:09 - May 11 by factual_blue

And Alert means Alert.
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:27 - May 11 with 778 viewsfactual_blue

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:13 - May 11 by gordon

And Alert means Alert.

Unless you're on the Isle of Wight. Then you use the app.

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:41 - May 11 with 752 viewsm14_blue

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 12:48 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

I was thinking along the same lines, surely even this government can’t be as incompetent as they appear, they must have some advisors with basic communication skills?

But then I look at who we’re talking about, Boris, Raab, Patel et al and I realise there probably isn’t a sinister master plan after all, just a tsunami of blustering incompetence.

The problem with only allowing staunch brexiteers into leading positions is that most of them aren’t very bright and have only the loosest contact with reality.
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:48 - May 11 with 737 viewsBlueBadger

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:09 - May 11 by factual_blue

If I'm alert does this also mean that I am Behind My Country?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:01 - May 11 with 715 viewsgazzer1999

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:48 - May 11 by BlueBadger

I'm behind mine are you behind yours?
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:03 - May 11 with 711 viewsgordon

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 13:48 - May 11 by BlueBadger

Get behind alert.
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:09 - May 11 with 690 viewsfactual_blue

Please check with dominic raaaaaaabbbb.

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:10 - May 11 with 687 viewsSteve_M

I think this from Stephen Bush is good, sums up what the government might be attempting to do and why it's such a mess:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/05/governments-stay-alert-sl

Basically, too many parts to this at once.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:11 - May 11 with 682 viewseireblue

I know there was that one time the Tory party managed to have a day out in a theme park, with co-ordinated baseball caps.

But ermmm, have they actually ever managed to organise a p1ss up in a brewery?
New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:11 - May 11 with 680 viewsfooters

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:01 - May 11 by gazzer1999

I'm behind mine are you behind yours?

Think treating people suffering from covid on the frontline is Getting Behind Your Country. And not to mention the many years Badger and others have dedicated to the health and wellbeing of this nation's citizens.

But I'm sure you're doing your bit too, gazzer.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:24 - May 11 with 648 viewsDarth_Koont

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:10 - May 11 by Steve_M

I think this from Stephen Bush is good, sums up what the government might be attempting to do and why it's such a mess:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/05/governments-stay-alert-sl

Basically, too many parts to this at once.

Hmmm not convinced.

Stay at home is still the default people should be working to, except when and where the restrictions and guidance have let them out. The restrictions and guidance might ease over time but the core message is still the same.

But the real problem is one of communication where Stay alert and Control the virus are pretty abstract. If they said Stay alert and Keep your distance there's at least some form of instruction there which is relevant.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:26]

Pronouns: He/Him

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:34 - May 11 with 628 viewsjeera

New rules apply from today, not Wednesday according to the Cab Sec. on 14:03 - May 11 by gordon

Get behind alert.

Get lert done!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024