Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? 14:54 - May 11 with 1934 viewshoppy

After yesterday's disappointing dip, there's a bit more encouragement from this morning's update from KJ...

“Still feel crap but inflammatory markers are coming down now which is good. Still waiting for CT scan which should be today but not been told what time yet, but saw different doc and he said if there’s no blood clots, he’s sending me home so I don’t catch anything else”

Obviously I think that will need to be a case of proceed with caution, and if she is allowed home, continuing to rest etc, and will be hard for Yasmin, and me, wanting to give her big hugs which might not be a good idea!
As yet, she doesn't know yet when the CT scan will be, but feels a step forward from yesterday though!
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:57]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 14:59 - May 11 with 1570 viewsKeno

Fingers crossed Hoppy!

Thinking of you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:00 - May 11 with 1559 viewsBlueBadger

It's a good sign of itself that they're happy to send her for a scan.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:05 - May 11 with 1552 viewshoppy

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:00 - May 11 by BlueBadger

It's a good sign of itself that they're happy to send her for a scan.

Is that much different for when they've sent her for a chest X-ray that they've done at least a couple of?

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:08 - May 11 with 1526 viewsGuthrum

Good stuff, encouraging news.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:11 - May 11 with 1516 viewsDebsyAngel

That is fantastic to hear! I am sending all my strength to Kelly, and hope she can come home asap. I would rather hear your updates than the bumbling fools in the government.
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:11 - May 11 with 1517 viewsBlueBadger

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:05 - May 11 by hoppy

Is that much different for when they've sent her for a chest X-ray that they've done at least a couple of?

Chest X-ray is a 2 minute(tops) procedure that can be done with you sitting up, on the ward if necessary.
CT scan is, depending on what area of the body they're doing and if they want a 'contrast'(radioactive injectable dye) or a 'non-contrast'(no dye) scan likely to be about 20, plus transfer to-and-fro time and has to be done lying flat. 'Contrast' generally takes longer as there's more faffing and setting up with the dye injector.
A CTPA(CT Pulmonary Artery) that's looking for clots on the blood vessels running to and from the lungs is a 'contrast'.
It's pretty dangerous for anyone seriously ill, particularly those who has breathing difficulties as it involves lying flat, which tends to make respiratory effort more difficult and shallow.
Happily, we don't *need* a scan before we start 'treatment dose' anticoagulants for a suspected clot and can give it 'on suspicion' if history is suggestive, so that'll make a transfer safer still.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 15:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:12 - May 11 with 1504 viewsPhilTWTD

Very good to hear!
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:13 - May 11 with 1499 viewsSteve_M

That definitely sounds more positive than yesterday. I presume that even if she does get home this week it will still be a long recovery, still hopefully your cooking will be better than the hospital food.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:14 - May 11 with 1492 viewshoppy

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:11 - May 11 by BlueBadger

Chest X-ray is a 2 minute(tops) procedure that can be done with you sitting up, on the ward if necessary.
CT scan is, depending on what area of the body they're doing and if they want a 'contrast'(radioactive injectable dye) or a 'non-contrast'(no dye) scan likely to be about 20, plus transfer to-and-fro time and has to be done lying flat. 'Contrast' generally takes longer as there's more faffing and setting up with the dye injector.
A CTPA(CT Pulmonary Artery) that's looking for clots on the blood vessels running to and from the lungs is a 'contrast'.
It's pretty dangerous for anyone seriously ill, particularly those who has breathing difficulties as it involves lying flat, which tends to make respiratory effort more difficult and shallow.
Happily, we don't *need* a scan before we start 'treatment dose' anticoagulants for a suspected clot and can give it 'on suspicion' if history is suggestive, so that'll make a transfer safer still.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 15:20]

Thank you for that explanation - really helpful!

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:14 - May 11 with 1482 viewshoppy

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:13 - May 11 by Steve_M

That definitely sounds more positive than yesterday. I presume that even if she does get home this week it will still be a long recovery, still hopefully your cooking will be better than the hospital food.

I've ordered plenty of tins of tuna in readiness...

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:20 - May 11 with 1459 viewsDanTheMan

That's great news, fingers crossed!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:20 - May 11 with 1456 viewsBlueBadger

None of you lot get ideas, you're getting once weekly from me still, if you're lucky.

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:22 - May 11 with 1451 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cheers for the update. Rooting for you and just hoping she is home and well soon.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:24 - May 11 with 1438 viewshoppy

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:11 - May 11 by DebsyAngel

That is fantastic to hear! I am sending all my strength to Kelly, and hope she can come home asap. I would rather hear your updates than the bumbling fools in the government.

I can do 'bumbling fool' as well, if necessary!

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:24 - May 11 with 1440 viewsBlueBadger

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:14 - May 11 by hoppy

Thank you for that explanation - really helpful!

No worries, speaking to relatives and reassuring families is an absolute nightmare at the moment, this has been the easiest family update I've been able to do in ages and I'm not even involved in KJ's care!
[Post edited 11 May 2020 15:25]

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:25 - May 11 with 1430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Much better news mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:27 - May 11 with 1419 viewsRyorry

Phew, that's so good to hear, esp re the inflamm markers coming down - must be a real relief after yesterday.

Many thanks for the update, do hope KJ's able to go home with you - fingers crossed.

Tinned sardines in tomato sauce as an alternative maybe? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:30 - May 11 with 1409 viewshomer_123

Good stuff. :)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:32 - May 11 with 1405 viewsPJH

Great news hoppy-and remember Boris says Stay Alert.
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:33 - May 11 with 1400 viewsChutney

Quite the opposite of forgive you, encourage it. Been thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for positive news, which this sounds to be. It will keep improving, brighter times lie ahead just try to dig in and remain strong in the meantime.
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:41 - May 11 with 1378 viewsJ2BLUE

Great stuff, hope she gets well very soon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:42 - May 11 with 1378 viewshoppy

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:27 - May 11 by Ryorry

Phew, that's so good to hear, esp re the inflamm markers coming down - must be a real relief after yesterday.

Many thanks for the update, do hope KJ's able to go home with you - fingers crossed.

Tinned sardines in tomato sauce as an alternative maybe? 🤔

I have tinned sardines in tomato sauce in the cupboard, but she always goes whenever I have them, so unfortunately not an option!

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:45 - May 11 with 1360 viewsRyorry

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:42 - May 11 by hoppy

I have tinned sardines in tomato sauce in the cupboard, but she always goes whenever I have them, so unfortunately not an option!

Gottem all to yourself then ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:56 - May 11 with 1340 viewsEdwardStone

Very encouraging news

General principle.....try to avoid hospitals, full of ill people; never know what you might catch

Best wishes to you all
If Boris can do a daily update, I'm sure you'll forgive mine? on 15:57 - May 11 with 1341 viewsfactual_blue

Fingers crossed you're all reunited soon.

But Stay Alert.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024