Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? 19:17 - May 11 with 1095 viewsDubtractor

I couldn't give a toss what Barry from Scunthorpe has to say.

What happened to proper scrutiny from the press?

This sort of thing was bollox when Corbyn did in in parliament, and it is nonsense now too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:25 - May 11 with 1057 viewspointofblue

At this moment I’d trust the public to have a better grasp of what to ask then the media who have been very poor throughout this pandemic - more worried with headlines of viewers or purchases than actually telling the news.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:27 - May 11 with 1048 viewsm14_blue

So unlike Boris to avoid scrutiny.

In all fairness, the questions seem ok to me, what is desperately lacking is the opportunity to come back in.

The first couple of questions were very clear and required a yes/no, needless to say Boris waffled for several minutes without even attempting to answer. The only conclusion I can come to is that he simply doesn’t know the details.

“When I’m expected to go back to work will schools be able to take my kids?” Pretty straightforward question.
Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:30 - May 11 with 1042 viewsGlasgowBlue

The public always do the first few questions then it opens up to the press. It's been this way for a couple of weeks now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:32 - May 11 with 1036 viewsDubtractor

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:27 - May 11 by m14_blue

So unlike Boris to avoid scrutiny.

In all fairness, the questions seem ok to me, what is desperately lacking is the opportunity to come back in.

The first couple of questions were very clear and required a yes/no, needless to say Boris waffled for several minutes without even attempting to answer. The only conclusion I can come to is that he simply doesn’t know the details.

“When I’m expected to go back to work will schools be able to take my kids?” Pretty straightforward question.

"In all fairness, the questions seem ok to me, what is desperately lacking is the opportunity to come back in."

That is the nub of it for me. Gives Johnson free reign to not really answer the question.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:33 - May 11 with 1028 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:32 - May 11 by Dubtractor

"In all fairness, the questions seem ok to me, what is desperately lacking is the opportunity to come back in."

That is the nub of it for me. Gives Johnson free reign to not really answer the question.

I think the public are pre recorded whereas the press are live and get a follow up.

Iron Lion Zion

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:33 - May 11 with 1031 viewsDubtractor

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:30 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

The public always do the first few questions then it opens up to the press. It's been this way for a couple of weeks now.

Didn't realise that - I'm usually still working when these are on, only watching tonight to see if any more detail was added to yesterday's speech.

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:47 - May 11 with 1001 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:33 - May 11 by Dubtractor

Didn't realise that - I'm usually still working when these are on, only watching tonight to see if any more detail was added to yesterday's speech.

As I'm a bit of a saddo I have watched everyone of these since they started or listened to them on the radio if I have been in the car.

Iron Lion Zion

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:59 - May 11 with 953 viewsEastTownBlue

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 19:25 - May 11 by pointofblue

At this moment I’d trust the public to have a better grasp of what to ask then the media who have been very poor throughout this pandemic - more worried with headlines of viewers or purchases than actually telling the news.

Issues that impact the general public, one was in relation to childcare, will be more of concern to a number of viewers instead of journalists rambling political questions.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 20:03 - May 11 with 947 viewsgordon

To be fair Steve from Swindon seemed to have them stumped with 'what do I do if I bump into my mates at the park?'
Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 20:03 - May 11 with 945 viewshomer_123

Can you point me to when the press have actually, properly, scrutinised the Government during these briefings?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 20:07 - May 11 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thought Chris Whitty was on form tonight. I always feel better about all of this after listening to him.

Iron Lion Zion

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 22:25 - May 11 with 844 viewscoolcat

Why are the press being sidelined to have questions from the public? on 20:07 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Thought Chris Whitty was on form tonight. I always feel better about all of this after listening to him.

Tend to agree. I notice if Chris Whitty is at the briefing most questions are passed over to him. Which is a relief after listening to the meaningless waffle from these Ministers. He is clear and succinct in his answers. He is clearly someone at the top of his game & importantly he never talks down to anyone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024