Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael O’Leary 09:19 - May 12 with 1357 viewsblueislander

On breakfast TV saying that Ryanair are going to run most of their flights from July 1 st. No social distancing on the plane, but face masks obligatory. He said that people will just ignore the 14 days isolation rule on their return. He didn’t elaborate on what the protocol might be prior to boarding. He said people want to go to the usual holiday destinations, but ,at the moment there are still very tight restrictions on hotels, restaurants etc. in these destinations. What do folk think?
Michael O’Leary on 12:18 - May 12 with 227 viewsHerbivore

Michael O’Leary on 10:49 - May 12 by hampstead_blue

have you seen the interview he gave talking about this?
Might be worthwhile watching it as it gives you an insight into the scale of the job in hand.

I'm not really interested in his excuses. Other airlines hace been processing refunds, I got my money back from EasyJet swiftly but despite asking for a refund from Ryanair several weeks earlier I've still had nothing other than an offer of a voucher. It's not good enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Michael O’Leary on 12:24 - May 12 with 220 viewsgiant_ullaa

Michael O’Leary on 12:12 - May 12 by ElephantintheRoom

That's not quite true. He said that there would be temperature tests for all passengers outside the airport and compulsory face masks - and anyone with a temperature (and everyone in that group) will not be allowed into the terminal. He also said that all RyanAir planes have 'hospital level air conditioning'. And pointed out that there is no quarantine for anyone flying to or from France and Ireland which makes the unenforceable quarantine bluster both mad and unenforceable. He also pointed out that air travel would be safer than using the underground.. or any other form of UK public transport and encouraged everyone to look at their video showing thorough deep cleaning etc.

He's quite right.. one of the great lies of the fake lockdown has been the absurdity of running public transport which has resulted in bus drivers being 4x more likely to die from covid than doctors in hospitals.

Whether anyone is mad enough to risk flying rhis summer it is a moot point.... but things could be very different in all sorts of ways by then

That bus drivers stat is astonishing. From whereever you got that, did it mention whether making people get on at the middle doors as helped at all?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry.
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Michael O’Leary on 12:31 - May 12 with 217 viewsWestover

Michael O’Leary on 12:14 - May 12 by blueislander

Not that smart. Spain has announced that all arriving passengers will have to quarantine for two weeks . You think that holiday makers are going to do that. Or maybe you will applaud him for encouraging people to ignore governments’ instructions and risk spreading the disease?

He's not encouraging people it's just a fact that's what some people will do.
Here in the Algarve we have had 343 cases and 14 deaths, the Portuguese do as they are told, my partner has been in the UK for ten weeks now but will isolate when she finally gets home.
I believe hotels here are getting ready for holidaymakers from the north of Portugal as well as from other countries by reducing capacity and social distancing, restaurants and cafes will open in six days time with 50% capacity face masks except when eating and two meters apart and I believe staff will have to be tested.
Michael O’Leary on 12:32 - May 12 with 217 viewsElephantintheRoom

Michael O’Leary on 12:24 - May 12 by giant_ullaa

That bus drivers stat is astonishing. From whereever you got that, did it mention whether making people get on at the middle doors as helped at all?

The first analysis of death by occupation was released yesterday and widely reported across the media... the highest risk of death was amongst security guards... not surprising I suppose given that they face confrontation from irresponsible people. Doctors have died in lower numbers than other 'white collar workers' - and those most at risk are the people now being encouraged to go back to work with no knowledge of how safe their working environment will be.

Clearly the government is not applying common sense to its own recommendations.

Blog: Wing Wonders (Part Two)

Michael O’Leary on 12:35 - May 12 with 209 viewsVaughan8

The only thing he is interested in is if he cancels flights he has to refund money. So he wants flights on so people don't have a right to a refund!

Very selfish but that's all he's interested in. Problem is, if people can't get refunds, they might think "F£$% it, we will go anyway otherwise we will lose our money".

You wouldn't catch me on a flight in July!
Michael O’Leary on 12:43 - May 12 with 196 viewsblueislander

Michael O’Leary on 12:31 - May 12 by Westover

He's not encouraging people it's just a fact that's what some people will do.
Here in the Algarve we have had 343 cases and 14 deaths, the Portuguese do as they are told, my partner has been in the UK for ten weeks now but will isolate when she finally gets home.
I believe hotels here are getting ready for holidaymakers from the north of Portugal as well as from other countries by reducing capacity and social distancing, restaurants and cafes will open in six days time with 50% capacity face masks except when eating and two meters apart and I believe staff will have to be tested.

How he is not encouraging them? He has publicly dismissed the protocols of several governments by saying they are unenforceable, and is facilitating people to break them. I can believe that there may be a chance for internal tourism as you describe, but most countries are putting in the 14 quarantine rule, and I am sure they will do their utmost to enforce it.
Michael O’Leary on 13:17 - May 12 with 176 viewsgiant_ullaa

Michael O’Leary on 12:32 - May 12 by ElephantintheRoom

The first analysis of death by occupation was released yesterday and widely reported across the media... the highest risk of death was amongst security guards... not surprising I suppose given that they face confrontation from irresponsible people. Doctors have died in lower numbers than other 'white collar workers' - and those most at risk are the people now being encouraged to go back to work with no knowledge of how safe their working environment will be.

Clearly the government is not applying common sense to its own recommendations.

thanks for the info. Poor security guards.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry.
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Michael O’Leary on 13:36 - May 12 with 155 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He is a capitalist. No more needs be said.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021