Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 12:12 - May 12 with 1435 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Trump on 12:18 - May 12 with 1397 viewsGuthrum

Trumpetty trump
Trump
Trump
Trump

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump on 12:29 - May 12 with 1371 viewsemmaroyds

A quality hissy fit. He's now sitting on his bed and won't come out because those nasty reporters keep asking questions.

Best place for him really.
Trump on 12:34 - May 12 with 1350 viewsHerbivore

His behaviour yesterday as President should be absolutely astonishing. The fact that it isn't is probably the most damning indictment possible of how badly the West is fecked.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump on 14:11 - May 12 with 1264 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump on 12:34 - May 12 by Herbivore

His behaviour yesterday as President should be absolutely astonishing. The fact that it isn't is probably the most damning indictment possible of how badly the West is fecked.

If one was new to Twitter and saw his tweets you would assume it was a comedy account. Just this morning he’s suggesting a journalist murdered someone by doing the old “somebody said...” trick.

He is an utter disgrace.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump on 14:15 - May 12 with 1243 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:11 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

If one was new to Twitter and saw his tweets you would assume it was a comedy account. Just this morning he’s suggesting a journalist murdered someone by doing the old “somebody said...” trick.

He is an utter disgrace.

I'd find it hysterical if Twitter ever decided to suspend his account. After all, he does utterly trash their terms and conditions every single day. His meltdown would be spectacular and would probably result in him opening a MySpace page or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump on 14:17 - May 12 with 1240 viewsHerbivore

Trump on 14:11 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

He is an utter disgrace.

It's incredible that he may very well get 4 more years. Fair enough that there are a lot of idiots out there that will vote for him, idiots will be idiots, but it's those on the right in the media and in the GOP that enable him that I find incredible. The party of Abraham Lincoln is supporting this goon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump on 14:19 - May 12 with 1234 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:17 - May 12 by Herbivore

It's incredible that he may very well get 4 more years. Fair enough that there are a lot of idiots out there that will vote for him, idiots will be idiots, but it's those on the right in the media and in the GOP that enable him that I find incredible. The party of Abraham Lincoln is supporting this goon.

That party is long dead, this is the culmination of the grand Republican project that goes back many years now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump on 14:30 - May 12 with 1206 viewsSpruceMoose

Prepare for another meltdown today after Dr Anthony Fauci testifies before the Senate.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 14:37 - May 12 with 1191 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get elected again. Probably be 150k dead Americans by then but it’ll make little difference to his followers. Shame on the Democrats for being unable to put a decent fight when it matters most. A barely coherent Biden will not win.

62 - 78 - 81

Trump on 14:41 - May 12 with 1171 viewsLankHenners

A lot of those people have absolutely no shame or integrity and know how to back a winner when they see one, which Trump is. Him shifting things way to the right allows a lot of the gross media types breathing space they wouldn't have had before (besides big hitters like Fox News, Alex Jones et al) so they're more than happy to prop him up.

The huge rise in unemployment is the only possible thing that might derail him in the election but other than that, it'll likely be another win, especially considering the opposition.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Trump on 14:41 - May 12 with 1170 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:37 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get elected again. Probably be 150k dead Americans by then but it’ll make little difference to his followers. Shame on the Democrats for being unable to put a decent fight when it matters most. A barely coherent Biden will not win.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

It's easy to forget how he is viewed in large parts of the country living where we do, that is until we speak to the wife's family in the south/midwest and get that reminder that there are vast swathes of anti-science, racist, homophobic, anti immigrant mouthbreathers out there.

Trump on 14:44 - May 12 with 1152 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:41 - May 12 by LankHenners

A lot of those people have absolutely no shame or integrity and know how to back a winner when they see one, which Trump is. Him shifting things way to the right allows a lot of the gross media types breathing space they wouldn't have had before (besides big hitters like Fox News, Alex Jones et al) so they're more than happy to prop him up.

The huge rise in unemployment is the only possible thing that might derail him in the election but other than that, it'll likely be another win, especially considering the opposition.

"The huge rise in unemployment is the only possible thing that might derail him in the election but other than that, it'll likely be another win, especially considering the opposition."

They've already been working to sidestep this one by pushing the blame onto state governors (especially Democratic one). Trump's message will be "I wanted to reopen the country, but the anti-American Democrats wouldn't do it and look what they caused!"

And the muppets will lap it up. Honestly, I don't know if I can do another four more years of Republican government here. What they will do over the next term will forever alter this country for the worse.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 14:44]

Trump on 14:45 - May 12 with 1146 viewsBlueBadger

Trump on 14:41 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

It's easy to forget how he is viewed in large parts of the country living where we do, that is until we speak to the wife's family in the south/midwest and get that reminder that there are vast swathes of anti-science, racist, homophobic, anti immigrant mouthbreathers out there.

It's a bit like Brexit over here. Working in an environment where people are a) educated to varying degrees and b) can see that migrant workers really are nothing to be scared of it can sometimes come as a jolt to go down the pub(remember pubs everyone) and hear people regurgitate the same old lies and prejudices, that they genuinely believe in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump on 14:49 - May 12 with 1134 viewsfooters

Trump on 14:30 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

Prepare for another meltdown today after Dr Anthony Fauci testifies before the Senate.

What even counts as a Trump meltdown nowadays? Having just looked at his Tw@tter (cheers for the reminder, Illy - sort of!), the bloke is even more unhinged than I'd remembered.

In a way it's quite funny, but in another, more serious way, it really, really isn't.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump on 14:52 - May 12 with 1124 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:45 - May 12 by BlueBadger

It's a bit like Brexit over here. Working in an environment where people are a) educated to varying degrees and b) can see that migrant workers really are nothing to be scared of it can sometimes come as a jolt to go down the pub(remember pubs everyone) and hear people regurgitate the same old lies and prejudices, that they genuinely believe in.

Once upon a time the concept of the coastal states on the west coast and east coast getting fed up of the welfare queen red states in the middle and the south and just doing their own thing seems far fetched.

I still think it highly unlikely, I'm not saying that there will be a push for independence, but I do wonder how long it'll be until the blue states use their financial clout to defy federal government,

There's already an ever increasing regional cooperation between these areas now, especially in relation to dealing with the virus. Mitch McConnell coming out and saying he'd rather let states go bankrupt than assist them federally only provokes them even more, especially when you consider that blue states overwhelmingly put more more into the federal pot than they take out.

Meanwhile voters in places like Mississippi and Kentucky keep on voting in their Republicans, and keep on staying poor (and getting poorer) at the bottom of the performance table in health, employment and education by any metric you choose to use.

Trump on 14:52 - May 12 with 1126 viewsLankHenners

Trump on 14:44 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

"The huge rise in unemployment is the only possible thing that might derail him in the election but other than that, it'll likely be another win, especially considering the opposition."

They've already been working to sidestep this one by pushing the blame onto state governors (especially Democratic one). Trump's message will be "I wanted to reopen the country, but the anti-American Democrats wouldn't do it and look what they caused!"

And the muppets will lap it up. Honestly, I don't know if I can do another four more years of Republican government here. What they will do over the next term will forever alter this country for the worse.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 14:44]

Yes, we've discussed before it'll be a case of Trump framing himself as a brave defender of America against a foreign enemy, all the while undermined by the Dems and fake news media.

I've actually been thinking of making a move over to America but coronavirus has put that on hold for a little while as it is, and with Trump in charge it's not a particularly attractive proposition. But then again given the state of this country it would be a sort of lateral move.

Trump on 14:56 - May 12 with 1108 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 14:52 - May 12 by LankHenners

Yes, we've discussed before it'll be a case of Trump framing himself as a brave defender of America against a foreign enemy, all the while undermined by the Dems and fake news media.

I've actually been thinking of making a move over to America but coronavirus has put that on hold for a little while as it is, and with Trump in charge it's not a particularly attractive proposition. But then again given the state of this country it would be a sort of lateral move.

Been out here approaching four years now, feel free to PM me if you have any thing you'd like to discuss regarding a move! Which areas are you considering?

America is still a great place to live if you're white, well off and able to not be too bothered about the treatment of anyone who isn't the first two of those things.

Unfortunately and increasingly , I'm only only two of those three things these days.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 14:56]

Trump on 15:10 - May 12 with 1080 viewsLankHenners

Trump on 14:56 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

Been out here approaching four years now, feel free to PM me if you have any thing you'd like to discuss regarding a move! Which areas are you considering?

America is still a great place to live if you're white, well off and able to not be too bothered about the treatment of anyone who isn't the first two of those things.

Unfortunately and increasingly , I'm only only two of those three things these days.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 14:56]

Very kind, if I ever start to make plans a bit more concrete once all this has blown over I may do!

I've been thinking Pacific Mid-West, somewhere like Portland, Oregon. From fairly basic research seems a very pretty city, ranks pretty highly in satisfaction and happiness tables, in a geographically diverse state, politically to the liberal end of the country, the equivalent of a drive up North from Suffolk to the Canadian border with Vancouver (another city I'd like to visit at least) just beyond.

I've been fascinated with America (the highs and lows of it) since a child and have always wanted to travel round it a bit, and thought living there would at least be a start on doing that rather than flying back and forth between two countries or going on some road trip, nether of which I have the money for.

Without wanting to get into my personal situation too much I'm not particularly tied down to anything that would be difficult to get out of, and am still young enough that I can always try it for a few years and if it doesn't work out, move back without regretting that I'd have wasted an important period of time.

Trump on 15:13 - May 12 with 1062 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump on 15:10 - May 12 by LankHenners

Very kind, if I ever start to make plans a bit more concrete once all this has blown over I may do!

I've been thinking Pacific Mid-West, somewhere like Portland, Oregon. From fairly basic research seems a very pretty city, ranks pretty highly in satisfaction and happiness tables, in a geographically diverse state, politically to the liberal end of the country, the equivalent of a drive up North from Suffolk to the Canadian border with Vancouver (another city I'd like to visit at least) just beyond.

I've been fascinated with America (the highs and lows of it) since a child and have always wanted to travel round it a bit, and thought living there would at least be a start on doing that rather than flying back and forth between two countries or going on some road trip, nether of which I have the money for.

Without wanting to get into my personal situation too much I'm not particularly tied down to anything that would be difficult to get out of, and am still young enough that I can always try it for a few years and if it doesn't work out, move back without regretting that I'd have wasted an important period of time.

The PNW is probably one of the other areas that I could live in here. Spent some time in Washington, BC and Alaska last summer and would be keen to return. Spent one day south of the border in Portland, seemed like a fun city. Was only there long enough to go to a book shop and sink a few beers though.

Decent football culture up that way too!

Trump on 15:25 - May 12 with 1031 viewsLankHenners

Trump on 15:13 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

The PNW is probably one of the other areas that I could live in here. Spent some time in Washington, BC and Alaska last summer and would be keen to return. Spent one day south of the border in Portland, seemed like a fun city. Was only there long enough to go to a book shop and sink a few beers though.

Yeah had seen that the Portland Timbers have an insane record of consecutive sold-out matches with a crazy season ticket waiting list!

Would also get the excitement of waking up at 7am every Saturday to catch Town lose to some no-marks on iFollow.

Still somewhat of a pipe dream at the moment but gets more attractive the more I think about it.

Trump on 16:52 - May 12 with 952 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump on 15:13 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

We have an office in Portland. Very cool city to visit although on a par with San Fran for tent city homeless population on the streets.

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024