Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Detectorists 08:06 - May 13 with 911 viewsWarkystache

In the absence of more 'Better Call Saul' episodes (I think series 6 is due next year or something), I watched Detectorists on BBC IPlayer last night. Think I recognised Orford, Framingham and Ipswich Mecca Bingo, but there were a few places I missed. Anyone know where this delightful comedy was filmed?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Detectorists on 08:18 - May 13 with 878 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The hall they use is Framlingham and the Crown in Great Glemham for a few of the pub scenes. Also the older detectorists house is in Double Street Framlingham.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Detectorists on 09:00 - May 13 with 825 viewsipswich78

I think Woodbridge is used quite a bit. It's such a lovely heart warming series, very character driven and does make you feel quite good by the end of it.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Detectorists on 09:04 - May 13 with 822 viewsGeoffSentence

The church in series two was Aldham Church jut north of Hadleigh, and a lovely spot it is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Detectorists on 09:15 - May 13 with 804 viewsGeoffSentence

I think they use the fields round Glemham Hall for the third series.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Detectorists on 10:10 - May 13 with 751 viewsElephantintheRoom

You'd better off watching Ozark

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Detectorists on 10:26 - May 13 with 734 viewsdickie

The maternity block of Ipswich hospital is featured in a scene
Detectorists on 22:20 - May 13 with 654 viewsstonojnr

it was mainly in and around Framlingham for street scenes and such, Lances house/flat is in Framlingham,and the Two Brewers pub outside view is the Castle Inn, and there are scenes where they walk back down from the pub past the church to the market square but framed so you cant see too much of the surroundings,but the inside of the pub is the Crown at Glenham.

but they filmed all around Suffolk really, theres a scene they pop up at Saxmundham train station, primary school is at Orford, some of it was filmed at Bentwaters park, they used Aldham for alot of the fields, Staverton too, and even Endeavour house in Ipswich stands in for a solar power company HQ in London in the last series.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024