Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glad I'm a long way away from London! 08:55 - May 13 with 1271 viewsgordon

I guess telling employers to pressure people to come to work while also telling people to avoid public transport is this common sense thing they're talking about.

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 08:56 - May 13 with 1258 viewsDanTheMan

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:08 - May 13 with 1193 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No one is telling employers to pressure people.

The furlough scheme hasn't been stopped.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:19 - May 13 with 1165 viewsgordon

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:08 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I thought the address on Sunday was because employers were now to encourage staff to return to work.
Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:19 - May 13 with 1155 viewsBlueBadger

Come on now, can't you see they're all Being Alert and Using Their Common Sense?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:41 - May 13 with 1119 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's OK for holier than thou Guardian readers 'working from home' to preach to the great unwashed - but millions of people have already lost their jobs and tens of millions more would really rather keep theirs than join the mass unemployed. Add in the millions on zero hours contracts who have been paid for 2 months, self-employed etc etc - and it is fairly understandable that people who think they are at no more risk working than when they get breathed on by a passing jogger of fingering the same products in a supermarket that an NHS hero does shortly after showing their non-disinfected badge under the nose of the security many outside Tescos...

Boris says its OK... and he's got a mandate from the people....well 44% of the 52% that voted.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 11:20 - May 13 with 1031 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:19 - May 13 by gordon

I thought the address on Sunday was because employers were now to encourage staff to return to work.

Thats not what was said at all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"Fingering" (n/t) on 11:32 - May 13 with 1014 viewsBloots

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:41 - May 13 by ElephantintheRoom

It's OK for holier than thou Guardian readers 'working from home' to preach to the great unwashed - but millions of people have already lost their jobs and tens of millions more would really rather keep theirs than join the mass unemployed. Add in the millions on zero hours contracts who have been paid for 2 months, self-employed etc etc - and it is fairly understandable that people who think they are at no more risk working than when they get breathed on by a passing jogger of fingering the same products in a supermarket that an NHS hero does shortly after showing their non-disinfected badge under the nose of the security many outside Tescos...

Boris says its OK... and he's got a mandate from the people....well 44% of the 52% that voted.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 11:42 - May 13 with 995 viewsgordon

"...and it is fairly understandable that people who think they are at no more risk working than when they get breathed on by a passing jogger of fingering the same products in a supermarket that an NHS hero does shortly after showing their non-disinfected badge under the nose of the security many outside Tescos..."

Trying to picture this scene is fun.
Login to get fewer ads

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 12:10 - May 13 with 944 viewseireblue

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 11:20 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

“ We now need to stress that anyone who can’t work from home, for instance those in construction or manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work.”
Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 14:12 - May 13 with 866 viewsitfcjoe

That's exactly what was said

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 15:50 - May 13 with 805 viewsbluelagos

Serious? Did I watch a different speech?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 15:53 - May 13 with 796 viewsSwansea_Blue

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 15:50 - May 13 by bluelagos

Serious? Did I watch a different speech?

Come on now, Boris used the words "encouraged" not "forced". I'm sure people are just being "encouraged" with threats of redundancy or pay cuts. All nice and cuddly like

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 15:54 - May 13 with 794 viewsm14_blue

What do you think they said?
Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 16:06 - May 13 with 784 viewsDubtractor

Its exactly what was said you deliberately contrary chopper.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 16:16 - May 13 with 772 viewsmonytowbray

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 09:08 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/12/dancing-with-the-devil-safety-conc

Call me Mystic Meg.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Glad I'm a long way away from London! on 16:27 - May 13 with 752 viewsSpruceMoose

Who is preaching to the poor fookers on the bus you idiot? The Guardian reader types seem to be the only ones concerned with their health and happiness at times.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 16:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024