Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now 12:11 - May 13 with 4391 viewsSteve_M

I'm sure they would have taken exactly the same position had this happened with the same timing last season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/13/norwich-want-championship-promo

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:14 - May 13 with 2462 viewsuefacup81

I assume this is now seen as the more 'palatable' way of asking for relegation to be scrapped?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:15 - May 13 with 2457 viewsPinewoodblue

Norwich are going to get a lot of stick in next seasons Championship.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:15 - May 13 with 2456 viewsGuthrum

Can't see their argument has any validity. Relegation is a function of failure playing in the division where you are, not the qualifications of who might be selected to replace you.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:15 - May 13 with 2448 viewstractorboy1978

Embarrassing is correct.
Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:19 - May 13 with 2412 viewsFifeITFC

WHATEVER is eventually decided, clubs need to accept that outcome otherwise it's just going to get messy and drag on for years. There will unfortunately be winners and losers in whatever route they go down, sadly.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:19 - May 13 with 2412 viewsuefacup81

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:15 - May 13 by Guthrum

Can't see their argument has any validity. Relegation is a function of failure playing in the division where you are, not the qualifications of who might be selected to replace you.

If they're so keen on that route, I'm sure they'll have no issues playing in a 27-team Championship next season then?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:19 - May 13 with 2421 viewsBrianTablet

Simple solution: Wait until they are relegated then kick them out of the EFL.

They can then add Vanarama Winners 2027 to their honours board.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:20]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:25 - May 13 with 2370 viewsm14_blue

Pathetic.

I hope the Norwich fans are embarrassed by their club’s actions over the last few months.

I obviously never liked them but did have a grudging respect for how they were run. Not any more.
Login to get fewer ads

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:31 - May 13 with 2334 viewsgiant_stow

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:15 - May 13 by Guthrum

Yeah I think you're right there.

Don;t be too harsh on Norwich though people (ha!). I think this is desperation talking and that desperation is a product of not having a extremely wealthy backer (unlike you lot, so try and remember that)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:33 - May 13 with 2319 viewsGuthrum

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:31 - May 13 by giant_stow

Don;t be too harsh on Norwich though people (ha!). I think this is desperation talking and that desperation is a product of not having a extremely wealthy backer (unlike you lot, so try and remember that)

Tho relegation comes with its own free gift of parachute payments, to soften the blow.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:34 - May 13 with 2318 viewsgiant_stow

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:33 - May 13 by Guthrum

Tho relegation comes with its own free gift of parachute payments, to soften the blow.

Are parachute payments still a thing and still going to be paid at the same level, when sky already want big dollops of their money back (the reason we're in such dire sh1t)?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:35 - May 13 with 2309 viewsKeno

Sorry but what do you expect from a tinpot classless club like Norwich?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:40 - May 13 with 2286 viewsgiant_stow

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:35 - May 13 by Keno

Gloves off hey Keno?

As tinpot and classless as letting local suppliers go swing for the money in admin?

Mind you, maybe we'll get to see how Norwich handle that soon hey?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:44 - May 13 with 2250 viewspointofblue

It’s a shame Gary didn’t bother to ask him about the probable hypocrisy rather than sniggering about Leeds fans. Reading the Pink’Un forum no one has shown any self-awareness whatsoever and only one person has on WOTB.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:45 - May 13 with 2240 viewspointofblue

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:31 - May 13 by giant_stow

Webber himself said they budgeted to finish 20th and furloughed staff as well so finances shouldn’t be a major issue behind it.

In truth Evans is nowhere near wealthy enough to do anything with us but keep us in existence.

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:45 - May 13 with 2236 viewsFifeITFC

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:35 - May 13 by Keno

In fairness to them, how many are doing this?

Not really tinpot, is it?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:46 - May 13 with 2229 viewsSwansea_Blue

Irrespective of the teams involved, a final table based on points per game is fair considering so few games. Imo of course. Norwich's position has no impact on that view, honest .

Genuinely it doesn't. If they were in the Championship and in 2nd, or even 3rd, I'd say the same.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:46 - May 13 with 2225 viewsKeno

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:45 - May 13 by FifeITFC

In fairness to them, how many are doing this?

Not really tinpot, is it?

meh, a blank twitter?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:47 - May 13 with 2224 viewsgiant_stow

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:45 - May 13 by pointofblue

Webber himself said they budgeted to finish 20th and furloughed staff as well so finances shouldn’t be a major issue behind it.

In truth Evans is nowhere near wealthy enough to do anything with us but keep us in existence.

But the income in that budget looks like it's going to be slashed horribly. You might say there should have been some slack in there for unseen eventualities, but then again look at how we've been ripped apart for our lack of spending ambition this season.

Edit: Evans should have enough money to see you through - the amounts are involved are in the millions, not the tens of millions.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:48]

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:47 - May 13 with 2223 viewsSteve_M

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:40 - May 13 by giant_stow

Gloves off hey Keno?

As tinpot and classless as letting local suppliers go swing for the money in admin?

Well, they have previous here:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:48 - May 13 with 2212 viewsMullet

No surprise that want every match to settle this....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:51 - May 13 with 2198 viewsKeno

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:40 - May 13 by giant_stow

Gloves off hey Keno?

hehe!!

game, set and match ......

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:53 - May 13 with 2182 viewsquirkie

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:25 - May 13 by m14_blue

Pathetic.

I hope the Norwich fans are embarrassed by their club’s actions over the last few months.

I obviously never liked them but did have a grudging respect for how they were run. Not any more.

There are not embarrassed in the slightest, have a read on some comments on Wrath.

Bang On
Looking after the needs of Norwich

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:53 - May 13 with 2178 viewsSwansea_Blue

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:48 - May 13 by Mullet

No surprise that want every match to settle this....

Ouch, a burning criticism there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:53 - May 13 with 2175 viewspointofblue

Certain football clubs are embarrassing themselves now on 12:47 - May 13 by giant_stow

But the income in that budget looks like it's going to be slashed horribly. You might say there should have been some slack in there for unseen eventualities, but then again look at how we've been ripped apart for our lack of spending ambition this season.

Edit: Evans should have enough money to see you through - the amounts are involved are in the millions, not the tens of millions.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:48]

That’s true and income is obviously more important for clubs without backers. I just wish Neville had asked Webber would he have felt the same about the situation of this had happened in March 2019 instead; would he have said yes (ok, doubt many of us would have believed that!) that Norwich shouldn’t be promoted if the season couldn’t be finished? He’s now putting other clubs in that position. Ok, self interest, I get that but at least be up front about it.

Evans allows the club to exist, nothing more. It’s hard to follow a club with little hope of better times, as it feels at the moment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024