Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soundbar Advice 13:11 - May 13 with 1662 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Anyone know anything about sound bars?

Never had one but a few friends have raved about how much better the sound is from their TV with a soundbar.

Any buying tips/recommendations?

Cheers

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Soundbar Advice on 13:20 - May 13 with 1640 viewsBornBlue

If you are a Sky subscriber, the Sky Soundbox can be bought for a very reasonable price. About £200. Turning it up a bit and watching a movie with a good sound track shows its a class piece of kit. Its made by Devialet, a company that makes very expensive wireless active speakers. I've been very impressed. Trumped any Sonos I've listened to, they only really work if you spend a fortune on the matching subwoofer.
Soundbar Advice on 13:22 - May 13 with 1632 viewsfactual_blue

Always been happy with our one. Look to see if there's a matching one for your TV. Then research via Richer Sounds.

Or just go for the Sennheiser AMBEO Dolby Atmos Soundbar.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Soundbar Advice on 13:25 - May 13 with 1624 viewsBornBlue

Soundbar Advice on 13:22 - May 13 by factual_blue

Always been happy with our one. Look to see if there's a matching one for your TV. Then research via Richer Sounds.

Or just go for the Sennheiser AMBEO Dolby Atmos Soundbar.

Even that requires a subwoofer to make it come alive. So, 2 grand, plus the cost of the sub. Great if you can afford it, theres no doubt thats the reference soundbar setup at this point. Quite a big, ugly thing though.
Soundbar Advice on 13:26 - May 13 with 1625 viewsTIB

Our Samsung just packed up so we ordered a new 40" JVC for £249, the added bonus that it came with a soundbar for "free". We've placed it behind the TV and it's certainly better than the standard TV speakers. We plan to connect up the Sonos speakers to it this weekend.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Soundbar Advice on 13:51 - May 13 with 1596 viewsBluefish

I have a sonos beam. It made an incredible difference from minute one. We would watch things and wonder where the music was coming from and then realise it was background noise on the TV. We have since added 2 x play 1 as surround sounds and again it is incredible to hear. I was never in to sound at all but once you have it you realise what you were missing
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:52]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Soundbar Advice on 14:00 - May 13 with 1566 viewsSpruceMoose

Soundbar Advice on 13:51 - May 13 by Bluefish

I have a sonos beam. It made an incredible difference from minute one. We would watch things and wonder where the music was coming from and then realise it was background noise on the TV. We have since added 2 x play 1 as surround sounds and again it is incredible to hear. I was never in to sound at all but once you have it you realise what you were missing

Now you can really pick out Robbie's whistling nostril when you're kicking back and jamming to Angels!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Soundbar Advice on 14:02 - May 13 with 1561 viewsSteve_M

I ended up using my stereo instead when I looked at this a few years ago. That works given the size of my flat but most soundbars that are beyond the basic level should enhance the sound.

Other things to think about include whether you want to stream music, either via Wifi or Bluetooth, to the soundbar. Most probably will these days.

Have a look at Richer Sounds - now doing online advice I believe - and John Lewis.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Soundbar Advice on 14:30 - May 13 with 1543 viewsBluefish

Soundbar Advice on 14:00 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Now you can really pick out Robbie's whistling nostril when you're kicking back and jamming to Angels!

Listening to him in all his glory, in fact I often lay and home and think about Robbie in all his glory

Login to get fewer ads

Soundbar Advice on 14:37 - May 13 with 1524 viewsSpruceMoose

Soundbar Advice on 14:30 - May 13 by Bluefish

Listening to him in all his glory, in fact I often lay and home and think about Robbie in all his glory

He's our generations Frank Sinatra that's for sure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Soundbar Advice on 14:43 - May 13 with 1515 viewsDubtractor

Soundbar Advice on 14:02 - May 13 by Steve_M

I ended up using my stereo instead when I looked at this a few years ago. That works given the size of my flat but most soundbars that are beyond the basic level should enhance the sound.

Other things to think about include whether you want to stream music, either via Wifi or Bluetooth, to the soundbar. Most probably will these days.

Have a look at Richer Sounds - now doing online advice I believe - and John Lewis.

Yep, I have ours plugged through my amp and big speakers, which sit either side of the TV unit. Sounds pretty good!

Whatever you use, it is definitely necessary to boost the audio on most new tellies, the drawback of mega slim screens is no room for audio kit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Soundbar Advice on 15:27 - May 13 with 1464 viewsBluefish

Soundbar Advice on 14:37 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

He's our generations Frank Sinatra that's for sure.

Not sure Frank won as many Brit awards

Soundbar Advice on 15:36 - May 13 with 1450 viewsSpruceMoose

Soundbar Advice on 15:27 - May 13 by Bluefish

Not sure Frank won as many Brit awards

Or shagged Vanessa Feltz.

Soundbar Advice on 16:00 - May 13 with 1433 viewsbadadski

Soundbar Advice on 15:36 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Or shagged Vanessa Feltz.

What bornblue said- the sky sound bar is good if you have a sky subscription, if not it is double I believe. Otherwise you can get some one with a sky subscription to order it for you.

My friend got a flat for when working away and states it is very good for the money.

We are both very audiophile in nature and his normal set up is a monitor audio apex 5.1.

Ofcourse a sound bar won’t replace a decent surround sound speaker package but he says for £200 it is very good quality.
Soundbar Advice on 16:43 - May 13 with 1414 viewsEly_Blue

Soundbar Advice on 13:20 - May 13 by BornBlue

If you are a Sky subscriber, the Sky Soundbox can be bought for a very reasonable price. About £200. Turning it up a bit and watching a movie with a good sound track shows its a class piece of kit. Its made by Devialet, a company that makes very expensive wireless active speakers. I've been very impressed. Trumped any Sonos I've listened to, they only really work if you spend a fortune on the matching subwoofer.

I have this and as well as having a relatively small footprint it really does kick out a very good sound, I’ve had mine since it first came out a couple of yours ago so can trust that it’s good. I think it was 2-0 or 250 but it’s 750 if you don’t have a sky subscription

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Soundbar Advice on 19:25 - May 13 with 1364 viewsBlueToad

Soundbar Advice on 13:51 - May 13 by Bluefish

I also have a Sonos Beam and fully endorse this recommendation.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024