Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still washing their post or shopping 18:10 - May 13 with 3143 viewsSwansea_Blue

more than themselves?

When will this end? Everything that comes into our place gets washed down straight away with hot soapy water. Took at least an hour to do our last big shop. Madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:20 - May 13 with 1897 viewsgiant_stow

yeah, we're detolling everything (when we can get detol).

pain in arse, but I spose it makes us all feel better.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:24 - May 13 with 1878 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:20 - May 13 by giant_stow

Trump says you can just inject it. That'll probably save us all a bit of time if we take his advice.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:24 - May 13 with 1879 viewshomer_123

Don't put Dettol 'in' you arse Ullaa.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:27 - May 13 with 1875 viewsSarge

Bloody hell is this a thing?

Haven’t had any post for a while but last time I did it all smelled perfumed, maybe Royal Mail is disinfecting it too.
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:27 - May 13 with 1878 viewsPlums

We haven’t bothered at all. We dispose of any packaging on parcels that are delivered and wash our hands immediately. Shopping has been put away as normal and hands washed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:29 - May 13 with 1855 viewsSwansea_Blue

You're not supposed to be involving your arse!

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:30 - May 13 with 1846 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:29 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

You're not supposed to be involving your arse!

You could eat your dinner off my arse it's so clean.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:30 - May 13 with 1846 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:27 - May 13 by Sarge

Bloody hell is this a thing?

Haven’t had any post for a while but last time I did it all smelled perfumed, maybe Royal Mail is disinfecting it too.

Post? Yeah. We have a little fella in shorts who throws things at our door each day and then scarpers. We leave it for 3 days (unless expecting it, in which case it gets 'dealt with') and then open it up to find out what the latest double glazing ranges are that we have no intention of buying.

It's all fun here.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:31 - May 13 with 1844 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:27 - May 13 by Plums

We haven’t bothered at all. We dispose of any packaging on parcels that are delivered and wash our hands immediately. Shopping has been put away as normal and hands washed.

This.

I really don't understand people going to the extreme of wiping down everything. It is completely unnecessary so long as you practice good hygiene. It's much easier to wash your hands that wipe down tens of shopping items and both have the same result
[Post edited 13 May 2020 18:32]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:32 - May 13 with 1838 viewsSwansea_Blue

It could be lurking in your cupboards - stay alert.

i'm fairly sure yours is the way to go, but it seems we're paranoid. I never realised I was until this.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:35 - May 13 with 1825 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:32 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

It could be lurking in your cupboards - stay alert.

i'm fairly sure yours is the way to go, but it seems we're paranoid. I never realised I was until this.

Lurking in your cupboards!? Its a virus, not a rat :)

Even it its on tins and packets, it'll most likely be gone by the next time i use it but will still wash my hands when i've touched the packaging in any case. The virus hasn't got legs and won't walk from one package to another.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:38 - May 13 with 1814 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:35 - May 13 by N2_Blue

Lurking in your cupboards!? Its a virus, not a rat :)

Even it its on tins and packets, it'll most likely be gone by the next time i use it but will still wash my hands when i've touched the packaging in any case. The virus hasn't got legs and won't walk from one package to another.

It's a hidden muggah! Boris said so.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:41 - May 13 with 1811 viewsRyorry

I don't have the time or patience for that.

Simply put everything in the cellar (or frig if necessary) for 3 days & don't touch it till then, or if I do, wash hands straight after.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:43 - May 13 with 1801 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:41 - May 13 by Ryorry

I don't have the time or patience for that.

Simply put everything in the cellar (or frig if necessary) for 3 days & don't touch it till then, or if I do, wash hands straight after.

Or you do what with it if necessary?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:47 - May 13 with 1788 viewsSarge

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:30 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Post? Yeah. We have a little fella in shorts who throws things at our door each day and then scarpers. We leave it for 3 days (unless expecting it, in which case it gets 'dealt with') and then open it up to find out what the latest double glazing ranges are that we have no intention of buying.

It's all fun here.

Impressive!

I use hand sanitiser after shopping and before I get in my car and have resisted the temptation to use my phone whilst in the shop but I’ve not really gone beyond that. But then I’m young, live alone and have a death wish so perhaps I’m being overconfident.

Still, can’t imagine not greeting the amazon courier with a hug though, seems so impersonal!
[Post edited 13 May 2020 18:48]
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:48 - May 13 with 1785 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:30 - May 13 by giant_stow

You could eat your dinner off my arse it's so clean.

You're not talking to your children now you know.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:49 - May 13 with 1783 viewsSteve_M

No, washing hands after opening post but haven't bothered with the shopping. I think the risk there is limited.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:53 - May 13 with 1766 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:43 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Or you do what with it if necessary?

Happy to say I don't understand your obviously filthy mind!

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:55 - May 13 with 1760 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:49 - May 13 by Steve_M

No, washing hands after opening post but haven't bothered with the shopping. I think the risk there is limited.

I don't understand how post can be "washed" anyway, surely it'd just turn soggy & disintegrate? Novel idea for "dealing with" bills though!

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:06 - May 13 with 1748 viewsDebsyAngel

Yes - and I agree, it is a total pain in the butt and takes up SO much time. We do all the shopping, bags, money and credit cards, and all I take in my bag (typical woman!!) and my phone and earphones etc. and post with Dettol wipes, and so hope it's enough. Wash all fruit with warm soapy water and rinse and leave to dry. I so wish this hell was all over. Made my OCD go into overdrive.
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:12 - May 13 with 1732 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:47 - May 13 by Sarge

Impressive!

I use hand sanitiser after shopping and before I get in my car and have resisted the temptation to use my phone whilst in the shop but I’ve not really gone beyond that. But then I’m young, live alone and have a death wish so perhaps I’m being overconfident.

Still, can’t imagine not greeting the amazon courier with a hug though, seems so impersonal!
[Post edited 13 May 2020 18:48]

Forget the hand sanitiser and use good old fashioned soap, more effective:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070qyks

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:16 - May 13 with 1729 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:06 - May 13 by DebsyAngel

Yes - and I agree, it is a total pain in the butt and takes up SO much time. We do all the shopping, bags, money and credit cards, and all I take in my bag (typical woman!!) and my phone and earphones etc. and post with Dettol wipes, and so hope it's enough. Wash all fruit with warm soapy water and rinse and leave to dry. I so wish this hell was all over. Made my OCD go into overdrive.

You shouldn't be washing your fruit with warm soapy water Debsy, even if you do rinse it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/why-you-shouldnt-wash-produce-soap-corona

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:34 - May 13 with 1702 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:16 - May 13 by Ryorry

You shouldn't be washing your fruit with warm soapy water Debsy, even if you do rinse it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/why-you-shouldnt-wash-produce-soap-corona

Yet I read on other sites to do that! It isn't hand soap, just a small amount of washing up liquid. I feel I cannot do anything right and then I go on a downwards spiral. Not having a pop at you Ryorry, but just advice in general - read one place to do this, then another place to do the opposite!
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:36 - May 13 with 1695 viewssparks

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:31 - May 13 by N2_Blue

This.

I really don't understand people going to the extreme of wiping down everything. It is completely unnecessary so long as you practice good hygiene. It's much easier to wash your hands that wipe down tens of shopping items and both have the same result
[Post edited 13 May 2020 18:32]

Simply not true.

You bring shopping into your house- on which the virus could lurk for days. You stick it in the freezer or fridge and it could lurk for months.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:36 - May 13 with 1693 viewsNewcyBlue

This is all we do. I sometimes start eating whilst unpacking shopping though. I really should sort that out.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024