Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH 19:14 - May 13 with 5705 viewsMaySixth

talk about running scared

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/13/keir-starmer-took-boris-johnson-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:16 - May 13 with 3774 viewsPecker

To be fair, they are difficult to take apart. Took me a whole weekend once.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:31 - May 13 with 3731 viewspointofblue

They were pretty supportive of Starmer last week too:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/06/boris-johnson-loved-facing-jerem

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:34 - May 13 with 3706 viewsblustutu

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:31 - May 13 by pointofblue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/06/boris-johnson-loved-facing-jerem

I think they’d prefer Gove. Quite the encouraging thought.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:42 - May 13 with 3682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:31 - May 13 by pointofblue

Still full of weirdos though. Charles Moore is a fruitcake of the highest order. IDS..etc. The cast of freaks and weirdos is still pretty deep.

But it's changing.

Slowly, even former rabid Boris/Vote Leave supporting papers and commentators are turning. There are still those wedded to the Cult like Isabel Oakeshott, but increasingly the mainstream former cheerleaders are deserting Boris and it's left to the has-beens and wannabes to fly the flag.

That in turn will slowly change people's minds. My old man, a rabid Mail/Telegraph reader but high risk wrt Covid-19, has suddenly realised that they're a bunch of chancers. He's now saying that you can't trust any of them it's always been the way, etc., but he's changed his tune significantly since he repeated everything parrot fashion this lot previously spouted about Brexit. We're almost getting on again as you'd expect people to in a family.

There is hope some people haven't been completely indoctrinated and can still think for themselves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:45 - May 13 with 3668 viewsSwansea_Blue

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:34 - May 13 by blustutu

I think they’d prefer Gove. Quite the encouraging thought.

Not at all. Gove is a duplicitous little sh*t. A weasel of a man. A coward and totally untrustworthy. He's part of the same cabal that's corrupting parliament now, just a minor power struggle with Boris that wouldn't change things at all in the bigger picture.

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 22:14 - May 13 with 3475 viewsRyorry

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:45 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Not at all. Gove is a duplicitous little sh*t. A weasel of a man. A coward and totally untrustworthy. He's part of the same cabal that's corrupting parliament now, just a minor power struggle with Boris that wouldn't change things at all in the bigger picture.

Yep, they're fundamentally all in it* together.

*the slurry tank

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 07:09 - May 14 with 3294 viewsBlueBadger

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 22:14 - May 13 by Ryorry

Yep, they're fundamentally all in it* together.

*the slurry tank

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:34 - May 14 with 3076 viewsgazzer1999

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 07:09 - May 14 by BlueBadger

I guess its his opinion, and we all know what opinions are like....... every bodies got one.
Mind you I like the little analogy, I must remember that one as there is many I can think of saying it about.
Login to get fewer ads

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:41 - May 14 with 3054 viewsHerbivore

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:34 - May 14 by gazzer1999

I guess its his opinion, and we all know what opinions are like....... every bodies got one.
Mind you I like the little analogy, I must remember that one as there is many I can think of saying it about.

It's only really apt if you apply it in its original context.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:45 - May 14 with 3059 viewsemmaroyds

Blimey is The Torygraph beginning to change sides?

Whatever next. The Daily Heil will go turn to Liberalism.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:47 - May 14 with 3060 viewsSpruceMoose

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:34 - May 14 by gazzer1999

The real question to ask is are you corn or are you the surrounding waste.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:11 - May 14 with 2978 viewssyntaxerror

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:47 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

Lets see how self aware he is...
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:51 - May 14 with 2947 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope the blinkers fall off one day. I really do.

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 21:04 - May 14 with 2906 viewsgazzer1999

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:51 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

I hope the blinkers fall off one day. I really do.

I have lived through the alternatives you know.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 21:05 - May 14 with 2898 viewsSwansea_Blue

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 21:04 - May 14 by gazzer1999

You're lucky. A lot of people aren't living through this version.

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 22:57 - May 14 with 2817 viewsgazzer1999

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 17:47 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

Can't think what you are insinuating.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 07:20 - May 15 with 2730 viewstextbackup

can we get this politics sht in the correct section of board?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 09:17 - May 15 with 2634 viewsPhilTWTD

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 07:20 - May 15 by textbackup

can we get this politics sht in the correct section of board?!

Moved. Can the OP take greater care to put posts in the right categories, been a couple posted in the wrong place in recent days. Cheers.
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 09:33 - May 15 with 2603 viewstractordownsouth

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:42 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Still full of weirdos though. Charles Moore is a fruitcake of the highest order. IDS..etc. The cast of freaks and weirdos is still pretty deep.

But it's changing.

Slowly, even former rabid Boris/Vote Leave supporting papers and commentators are turning. There are still those wedded to the Cult like Isabel Oakeshott, but increasingly the mainstream former cheerleaders are deserting Boris and it's left to the has-beens and wannabes to fly the flag.

That in turn will slowly change people's minds. My old man, a rabid Mail/Telegraph reader but high risk wrt Covid-19, has suddenly realised that they're a bunch of chancers. He's now saying that you can't trust any of them it's always been the way, etc., but he's changed his tune significantly since he repeated everything parrot fashion this lot previously spouted about Brexit. We're almost getting on again as you'd expect people to in a family.

There is hope some people haven't been completely indoctrinated and can still think for themselves.

Don’t forget Sarah Vine. The woman who married Michael Gove, telling us all to use our common sense.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 09:40 - May 15 with 2591 viewsBlueBadger

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 21:04 - May 14 by gazzer1999

We've all lived through at least one Labour government. I can assure you, they're were nowhere near as spiteful and incompetent as this lot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 11:31 - May 15 with 2529 viewsRyorry

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 09:40 - May 15 by BlueBadger

We've all lived through at least one Labour government. I can assure you, they're were nowhere near as spiteful and incompetent as this lot.

Some of the garbage that gets posted on here makes me think that actually, a few posters are not old enough to have "lived through at least one Labour government" ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 11:53 - May 15 with 2501 viewsElephantintheRoom

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 19:42 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

But it's changing.

Wait and see who he votes for. Only 44% voted for this cabal of opportunistic chancers which is apparently a mandate from the British people.

It doesnt take much to keep them in power given the absurdity of the voting system.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 12:29 - May 15 with 2478 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 12:45 - May 15 with 2458 viewsClapham_Junction

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 12:29 - May 15 by GlasgowBlue

Guess which one of those pieces was written before the PMQs in question.

Always worth questioning screenshots of tweets that cut off the date.

Also, to be fair to him, Michael Deacon has often gone against the Telegraph line in his sketches. He appears to be the proverbial sweetcorn amongst its writers.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 12:45]
Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 12:56 - May 15 with 2427 viewsDarth_Koont

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set : THE TORYGRAPH on 12:45 - May 15 by Clapham_Junction

Guess which one of those pieces was written before the PMQs in question.

Always worth questioning screenshots of tweets that cut off the date.

Also, to be fair to him, Michael Deacon has often gone against the Telegraph line in his sketches. He appears to be the proverbial sweetcorn amongst its writers.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 12:45]

The right-wing pundits nodding approvingly at Starmer, the supposed left-wing opposition, is a bit worrying. I'm guessing because they don't think he's that progressive or much of a threat to their comfortable power and privelege.

Let's see what happens when we move away from Covid-19 (which is more or less a non-partisan issue except for some neoliberal extremists) and into the real job of proposing and opposing policies.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024