Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopeful XI 02:27 - May 14 with 532 viewsCanadianBlue

Got reminiscent about some past players after refusing to let a few current ITFC players go on my FM20 save. Decided to make a "Wish they became a fan favourite/actually decent signing or Academy grad" XI. Obviously not the "Best XI ever", 'cause nearly all of them were awful or became awful. Just those I hoped would turn out well. Curious about what other players people had a secret fondness or hope for.

GK - Scott Loach - Was hoping he'd be Richard Wright reincarnated. Town fan, former Halstead resident like myself. I hoped he'd throw his life on the line for us, instead of waving around in the area or standing still and looking as the ball went sailing by.

RB - Jaime Peters - That Arsenal game aside, and his fat ass, the fact we nabbed him from a number of Premier League teams really gave me hope that he'd be something special. Plus he's Canadian so instant brownie points with me.

LB? - Vemund Brekke Skard - You know how we all like a random lower league signing that goes on to great things? I was hoping this guy would be one. The whole part-time footballer, full-time teacher thing gave me hope that I'd be snapped up by Ipswich one day. Pretty sure he was naff as all hell.

CD - Gerard Nash - Remember a lot of hype about him and then those injuries happened. Glad he's making a good career out of coaching with us.

CD - Ian Miller - From the nonleagues, he'll boss the defense around. That's what I said as a dumb teen. Had to look up how many games he actually played to realize what an idiot I was.

CM - Jimmy Juan - Thought he did pretty good with us. Did he get injured with us or is my memory just bad? I remember thinking he'd be the new, younger Legwinski but seem to recall injuries causing him some serious setbacks.

CM - Ian Westlake - Thought he'd be with us until he retired. Was extremely unhappy he was traded to Leeds. When he hit the U21s with England, thought we hit the jackpot and would be in the Prem with Westlake in the middle. Leeds ruined him, obviously. Not that he was a bit naff.

RM - George O'Callaghan - One of those that I thought "he tried, didn't make it as a teen but stuck with it and will turn out to be a hard working player". Like Walters. Ended up more like Gleeson.

LM - Josh Carson - Caught a few games abroad with him involved. Thought he'd turn out to be something good and then nothing. He had a few really good games with me on FM though so obviously it was our managers fault.

ST - Danny Haynes - That Norwich game. Enough said. Club legend. None of you respect him enough. Ruined as a winger. Could have been the next Defoe. Only against Norwich. Always against Norwich.

ST - Dean Bowditch - Him and Haynes reaching their potential would have been one pacy forward line. Won the Academy Player award right as I was getting serious as a Town fan. Thought he'd go on to play in the Prem based on what coaches/managers were saying about him. Saw him player, realized I'd be lied to.

Apparently I was really hopeful with the 2003-2006 Academy grads and nonleague signings. Probably 'cause I was an idiot teenager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024