Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daytime radio station 10:55 - May 14 with 4430 viewsitfcjoe

What do people listen to? I keep trying 6 music but struggle to get along with it.

Radio 2 turns to rubbish in the afternoon, I'm too old for Radio 1....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Daytime radio station on 10:56 - May 14 with 1942 viewsartsbossbeard

I alternate between 6 music & Radio X.

I'm a big Johnny Vaughan fan, so that's 4-7pm sorted and Toby Tarrant is half decent in the morn.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Daytime radio station on 11:08 - May 14 with 1898 viewsitfcjoe

Daytime radio station on 10:56 - May 14 by artsbossbeard

I'm a big Johnny Vaughan fan, so that's 4-7pm sorted and Toby Tarrant is half decent in the morn.

I normally try with 6 Music and spend time on Absolute 90s, Beatles Radio and Kisstory.

Do generally prefer the BBC though without the adverts, will maybe try and stick with 6 music

Daytime radio station on 11:19 - May 14 with 1876 viewsBloomBlue

LBC. Ok overall but some presenters aren't great
Daytime radio station on 11:20 - May 14 with 1877 viewsGuthrum

Radio 4, except when "The Archers" or "You and Yours" are on. R5L sometimes, tho I just can't cope with Nihal Arthanayake's delivery style (speeeaks veeery slooowly, with frequent long pauses, like he hasn't got enough words to fill the time). Which is a shame, because some of his interviews are quite interesting.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Daytime radio station on 11:20 - May 14 with 1874 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Radio 4 Extra

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Daytime radio station on 11:23 - May 14 with 1862 viewsRyorry

My usual fav speech radio is R5l but I've had to almost completely swerve that for the past month because it's mostly 24/7 wall-to-wall Covid_19 which was not only utterly boring but starting to get me down.

Radio4Extra is excellent in parts for some dramas, serials etc, but has also become unbearable in others for 3 or 4 hours of crap old so-called comedy on loop.

R4 continues to be mostly v. good, with some extremely interesting docus & decent dramas.

World Service is superb, particularly at night when there's not much else on. It keeps the news condensed to the essentials, and takes an objective world-wide view, whilst feeding the mind & soul with gems of docus and arts.

For music I enjoy classical, but find a lot of R3 impossibly niche & hard to listen to these days - I don't like opera, choral evensong only occasionally, & experimental dissonance from obscure composers for only about 5 secs! *However* - when auto-tuning a new DAB radio, I accidentally came across the brilliant Scala radio - wonderful! Great classical music, some of it rarely or never broadcast, and mostly ad-free, or at least v. infrequent ads anyway. I do also enjoy 6 music!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Daytime radio station on 11:24 - May 14 with 1861 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Radio X, LBC or Talksport depending on what mood I’m in, although I’ve long since tired of the latter if I’m honest

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Daytime radio station on 11:31 - May 14 with 1825 viewsSteve_M

My, now regular, listening is Today on Radio 4 until 9 then a conference call for up to an hour followed by 6 Music pretty much all day after that. 6 has always been a bit mixed during the day and then more interesting and eclectic in the evening but it's been ok on the whole the last two months.

They had some tie up with other BBC stations the other week and were broadcasting some rubbish from 1 Extra - that was truly dreadful.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Daytime radio station on 11:50 - May 14 with 1789 viewsUB9Blue

Solar or London Music Radio
Pointblank FM used to be the go to station in London but they disappeared a while backp
Daytime radio station on 11:55 - May 14 with 1786 viewsEwan_Oozami

Daytime radio station on 11:23 - May 14 by Ryorry

My usual fav speech radio is R5l but I've had to almost completely swerve that for the past month because it's mostly 24/7 wall-to-wall Covid_19 which was not only utterly boring but starting to get me down.

Radio4Extra is excellent in parts for some dramas, serials etc, but has also become unbearable in others for 3 or 4 hours of crap old so-called comedy on loop.

R4 continues to be mostly v. good, with some extremely interesting docus & decent dramas.

World Service is superb, particularly at night when there's not much else on. It keeps the news condensed to the essentials, and takes an objective world-wide view, whilst feeding the mind & soul with gems of docus and arts.

For music I enjoy classical, but find a lot of R3 impossibly niche & hard to listen to these days - I don't like opera, choral evensong only occasionally, & experimental dissonance from obscure composers for only about 5 secs! *However* - when auto-tuning a new DAB radio, I accidentally came across the brilliant Scala radio - wonderful! Great classical music, some of it rarely or never broadcast, and mostly ad-free, or at least v. infrequent ads anyway. I do also enjoy 6 music!

I love Composer of the Week on R3 - could listen to Donald MacLeod for hours! Scala is good - far better than Classic FM

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Daytime radio station on 12:13 - May 14 with 1768 viewsSWGF

Currently pre-programmed into my Sonos:

08:00 80s Awesome 80s
10:00 Scala (Simon Mayo)
10:30 Radio 2 (Popmaster)
10:55 Virgin Anthems
13:00 Talksport (Hawskbee and Jacobs)
16:00 Radio X (Johnny Vaughan)
[Post edited 14 May 2020 13:06]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Daytime radio station on 12:14 - May 14 with 1766 viewsSWGF

Concur about Johnny Vaughan. His podcasts (inc the Saturday one) are very funny; just condensed without the ads/music.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Daytime radio station on 12:27 - May 14 with 1738 viewslowhouseblue

radio 4 obviously.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Daytime radio station on 12:33 - May 14 with 1714 viewshadleighboyblue

Gold UK definitely , good mix of music 60's 70's & 80's , not too much chat . DAB and via Alexa .
Daytime radio station on 12:34 - May 14 with 1714 viewsitfcjoe

I should have noted that I'm trying to write an assignment so talk radio a struggle today

Daytime radio station on 12:35 - May 14 with 1711 viewsemmaroyds

Local BBC, it's amazing.

No it isn't

6 music from 1pm to 4pm. Sean Keveny but today I notice Mary Ann Hobs is in the chair.
Daytime radio station on 12:39 - May 14 with 1704 viewsblueprint

The only trouble is Radio X only seem to have about a dozen records.
Daytime radio station on 12:42 - May 14 with 1698 viewsBasuco

Time 107.5 FM,
https://www.time1075.net
Daytime radio station on 12:44 - May 14 with 1697 viewsSWGF

Daytime radio station on 12:39 - May 14 by blueprint

Yeah, but by three different artists:

Oasis
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Liam Gallagher.

Daytime radio station on 12:45 - May 14 with 1689 viewsSWGF

Daytime radio station on 12:34 - May 14 by itfcjoe

I should have noted that I'm trying to write an assignment so talk radio a struggle today

Scala is good for some calming background music to wash over you

Daytime radio station on 12:46 - May 14 with 1673 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Daytime radio station on 12:39 - May 14 by blueprint

Have you mixed it up with Kiss?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Daytime radio station on 12:59 - May 14 with 1639 viewsSharkey

Radio 3 for breakfast, radio 6 Music daytime on Saturdays. (As mentioned elsewhere, I just find two of the presenters who clog up the daytime schedule too cloying, and that goes for Cerys Matthews on Sunday too. I wish radio 6 music would have more shows - actual themed shows or documentaries about, say, calypso, or the summer of 1967, or 'Prog rock for beginners'. That's not to say they don't have any, but I wish they'd have more. Eclecticism is fine, but not all the time. I also wish they'd have the news less often.

Radio 2 sometimes pleasantly surprises me, when I remember to try it.

I'd be really interested to know any recommendations for good shows on BBC local radio. (My impressions of BBC local radio is that it's mostly people stating the bleeding obvious and endlessly agreeing with each other.)

One other thing, why do newsreaders in UK have to tell you their names? (They don't do it on Swedish state radio, for example.) The news on 6 Music always starts with ' Here is the news and I'm Nicky Cartwell'. Is there an actual point to that, Nicky? (Serious question.)
Daytime radio station on 13:14 - May 14 with 1604 viewsPinewoodblue

There must be an internet radio station that plays music to your taste with limited chitchat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Daytime radio station on 13:22 - May 14 with 1585 viewsfactual_blue

Daytime radio station on 13:14 - May 14 by Pinewoodblue

There must be an internet radio station that plays music to your taste with limited chitchat.

I enjoy 1967 Plus and Acidbarrett.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Daytime radio station on 13:37 - May 14 with 1544 viewssolemio

Daytime radio station on 11:55 - May 14 by Ewan_Oozami

I love Composer of the Week on R3 - could listen to Donald MacLeod for hours! Scala is good - far better than Classic FM

My 3 year old grandson loves Composer of the Week. He informs us that he loves Beethoven and Schubert, but doesn't like Rossini.

His favourite is still 'The Wheels on the Bus'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024