Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? 13:03 - May 14 with 4923 viewsIllinoisblue

Has he quit football altogether?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:09 - May 14 with 4316 viewsleitrimblue

Has Mansfield town just outside the play offs in FM20
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:14 - May 14 with 4282 viewsMattinLondon

Free agent - guessing that is either trying to prove his fitness to potential clubs, wants to wait for the right club to come along or no body wants him due to injury.

On a side note I did read that, in all four divisions, there will be 1400 footballers out of contract this summer. Obviously some older ones will retire and some young ones will either quit football altogether or go to a non-league club.

But it does highlight, how brutal the sport can be due to competition.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:16 - May 14 with 4270 viewsitfcjoe

I think he has been forced to now, not able to get back into the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 14:19 - May 14 with 4075 viewsEly_Blue

Was he ever a footballer?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 15:01 - May 14 with 3989 viewsBluefish

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 14:19 - May 14 by Ely_Blue

Was he ever a footballer?

I don't think he ever had a bad game for us

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 17:38 - May 14 with 3809 viewsOwainG1992

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 15:01 - May 14 by Bluefish

I don't think he ever had a bad game for us

I recall in his 1st season watching us on sky.
He and McGoldrick linked up a few times and they looked like they could be great in the safe team.
Sadly the rest is history.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 17:58 - May 14 with 3779 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:16 - May 14 by itfcjoe

I think he has been forced to now, not able to get back into the game

There’s got to be a bigger story behind this, he was a decent player before he came our way.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 18:02 - May 14 with 3762 viewsChutney

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 17:58 - May 14 by Libero

There’s got to be a bigger story behind this, he was a decent player before he came our way.

Perhaps he's struggled to prove his fitness. He's played next to no football over the past few years, it must be hard to try and get back to a decent level after that. I would think it's either that or a personal choice not to play, as even at a much lower level he could certainly have got a contract somewhere that would've paid him decent money. It's definitely going to be harder post Covid though, there will be a whole host of players on the scrapheap in 6 months time. Not a bad time to be a 16 year old in the academy of a L1 or L2 club I would think.

EDIT: Am I right in saying he was also pretty bright academically? MAybe he is focusing his attention elsewhere.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 18:04]
Login to get fewer ads

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 18:05 - May 14 with 3748 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 18:02 - May 14 by Chutney

Perhaps he's struggled to prove his fitness. He's played next to no football over the past few years, it must be hard to try and get back to a decent level after that. I would think it's either that or a personal choice not to play, as even at a much lower level he could certainly have got a contract somewhere that would've paid him decent money. It's definitely going to be harder post Covid though, there will be a whole host of players on the scrapheap in 6 months time. Not a bad time to be a 16 year old in the academy of a L1 or L2 club I would think.

EDIT: Am I right in saying he was also pretty bright academically? MAybe he is focusing his attention elsewhere.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 18:04]

Personally I wasn’t convinced his “injuries” were always what were being reported while here, it all came across a bit odd to me.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 18:23 - May 14 with 3679 viewsBlueBadger

I think he did that about 3 years ago...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:29 - May 14 with 3572 viewsitfcjoe

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 17:58 - May 14 by Libero

There is, and it's nothing sinister or underhand that you may hint at in a later message - he got himself back fit enough to play, sure more will come out in time

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:32 - May 14 with 3561 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:29 - May 14 by itfcjoe

There is, and it's nothing sinister or underhand that you may hint at in a later message - he got himself back fit enough to play, sure more will come out in time

Oh no, I wouldn’t speculate on the nature of the reason, it was just relevantly clear to me that the story being put out there didn’t add up.

Wish the bloke well, as I say he was decent before he came to us.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:35 - May 14 with 3549 viewsitfcjoe

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:32 - May 14 by Libero

Oh no, I wouldn’t speculate on the nature of the reason, it was just relevantly clear to me that the story being put out there didn’t add up.

Wish the bloke well, as I say he was decent before he came to us.

That story was all genuine, he actually got back for an U23 game or two before he was released that summer

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:39 - May 14 with 3538 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 19:35 - May 14 by itfcjoe

That story was all genuine, he actually got back for an U23 game or two before he was released that summer

I do remember him being selected for that, there was just a lot about the narrative over the course of his injuries that was missing detail or in some cases seemed unlikely/smelt of a PR job.

He missed a lot of football...
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 20:18 - May 14 with 3482 viewspatrickswell

Funnily enough, I was doing some research on him today. It was quite poignant to read his and Mick’s quotes when he signed. McCarthy was so pleased to have signed him. I do hope the true story comes out one day.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 05:21 - May 15 with 3227 viewspablovian

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 20:18 - May 14 by patrickswell

Funnily enough, I was doing some research on him today. It was quite poignant to read his and Mick’s quotes when he signed. McCarthy was so pleased to have signed him. I do hope the true story comes out one day.

Mick McCarthy was forced into playing unattractive football in order to survive in the Championship. However, he had a good eye for talented loan players such as Tom Lawrence, Emyr Huws, and Bersant Celina. When Huws and Adeyemi were signed, he thought that he would have a team that could play more attractive football. It was unfortunate that injuries demolished that plan, and it was all downhill from there.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 07:24 - May 15 with 3126 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 05:21 - May 15 by pablovian

Mick McCarthy was forced into playing unattractive football in order to survive in the Championship. However, he had a good eye for talented loan players such as Tom Lawrence, Emyr Huws, and Bersant Celina. When Huws and Adeyemi were signed, he thought that he would have a team that could play more attractive football. It was unfortunate that injuries demolished that plan, and it was all downhill from there.

No one is forced into playing any kind of style of football, see Ian Evatt’s Barrow.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 08:08 - May 15 with 3073 viewsBluefish

Everyone with at least half a brain can recognise that, sadly that rules out most of our fan base though.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 08:14 - May 15 with 3059 viewspointofblue

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 07:24 - May 15 by Libero

No one is forced into playing any kind of style of football, see Ian Evatt’s Barrow.

Though put most of Barrow’s first choice flair players in the physio room and they’d probably have to adapt to keep their nose above water.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 09:07 - May 15 with 2965 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 08:14 - May 15 by pointofblue

Though put most of Barrow’s first choice flair players in the physio room and they’d probably have to adapt to keep their nose above water.

Who are these first choice flair players? Other than John Rooney who is a deep lying midfielder I think you'd struggle to pick out an individual as their success is built on team ethic, not superstars or players with particular flair.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 09:29 - May 15 with 2934 viewsbournemouthblue

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:14 - May 14 by MattinLondon

Free agent - guessing that is either trying to prove his fitness to potential clubs, wants to wait for the right club to come along or no body wants him due to injury.

On a side note I did read that, in all four divisions, there will be 1400 footballers out of contract this summer. Obviously some older ones will retire and some young ones will either quit football altogether or go to a non-league club.

But it does highlight, how brutal the sport can be due to competition.

McCarthy was very unlucky with both Adeyemi and Stewart but I suppose if you keep shopping in the bargain basement, you're bound to have some disasters like this at some stage

Adeyemi is still only 28, he had the potential to be a long term successor to Skuse

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 09:35 - May 15 with 2914 viewsbournemouthblue

And Ryan Fraser who was the best of all his loanees

McCarthy could certainly pick a player but I think he will always play a regimented and organised style where he'll have one focal point who he gives the freedom to do what they do. It's no coincidence that with his sides, his top scorer tends to get a lot of goals. His side's tend to have a focal point who they are built around.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:08 - May 15 with 2806 viewsChutney

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 07:24 - May 15 by Libero

What sort of football does Ian Evatt play at Barrow? Have you seen them?

Genuine question as I know they were flying, but given the type of player he was I had the idea that he would've adopted a direct approach.
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:16 - May 15 with 2779 viewsLibero

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:08 - May 15 by Chutney

What sort of football does Ian Evatt play at Barrow? Have you seen them?

Genuine question as I know they were flying, but given the type of player he was I had the idea that he would've adopted a direct approach.

Ah, you're unfamiliar with Barrow-celona then?

This is his first full time permanent role as manager, when he spoke to friends in the game he was told that you can't win the Conference playing good football and warned that he would need to recruit based on physicality over technical ability.

Evatt ignored that and has moulded a team who play superb passing football and have taken the Conference by storm.
John Rooney (Wayne's brother) is their deep lying midfielder and he's chipped in with 17 league goals this season...

Family friend who has managed in the Conference for many years and is the archetypal wheeler dealer lower league manager is in absolute awe of what Evatt's done on the budget he's had, to the point that he has pledged when he gets his next job he will attempt to be braver with his footballing principles and show a similar courage of his convictions that Evatt has.

Check out this great interview with Evatt from Tifo for more info, highlights from their games are available online too. It's quite remarkable.

[Post edited 15 May 2020 13:18]
What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 13:20 - May 15 with 2765 viewsChutney

What’s Tom Adeyemi up to nowadays? on 09:35 - May 15 by bournemouthblue

And Ryan Fraser who was the best of all his loanees

McCarthy could certainly pick a player but I think he will always play a regimented and organised style where he'll have one focal point who he gives the freedom to do what they do. It's no coincidence that with his sides, his top scorer tends to get a lot of goals. His side's tend to have a focal point who they are built around.

Its a definite misconception that McCarthy teams are boring. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and I don't find McCarthy's sides boring when they're on song. He had his hand forced here to an extent due to budget but what he served up was entertaining during the better times IMO. We played with spirit and heart, real togetherness, and some good football, albeit a more direct style. Some of the names mentioned on this thread already, as well as Murphy, McGoldrick, Webster, Berra, Mings, Cresswell (Jewell signing), Williams etc and loads more. We had some really good players.

McCarthy is pretty consistent in his tactical approach. 4-4-2, pace out wide, 2 forwards that compliment each other well. Industrious man in the middle and central defenders who can defend. Get footballers around them.

His Wolves and Ireland sides were very good to watch IMO, as was the initial team he built here. ME needed deeper pockets to sustain a push, not downgrade the likes of Parr to Spence, Mings to Kenlock, Murphy to Best, Fraser to Ward etc. We were only ever going to head one way, and MM still worked wonders to bring Waghorn & Garner in for peanuts and keep us competitive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024