Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? 19:15 - May 14 with 3892 viewsMullet

Speaking on behalf of us and others on twitter apparently.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:18 - May 14 with 2577 viewsfactual_blue

Not Bolton?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:20 - May 14 with 2560 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So five teams that would miss out on promotion if the league was ended today (based on ppg), but still in with a shot of promotion if the games were played. And errr, Ipswich

Bless us

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:21 - May 14 with 2545 viewsDarth_Koont

And why on earth do we want to finish the season?

Pronouns: He/Him

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:21 - May 14 with 2550 viewspointofblue

Lee O’Neill has always said the season should finish. I honestly think those inside the club are deluded enough to think we’ll be able to turn this slump around.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 19:24]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:22 - May 14 with 2531 viewsSwansea_Blue

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:21 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

Very good question. The only answer I can think of is 'f*ck knows'.

We do seem to get most things wrong though, so I suspect it's in character.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:25 - May 14 with 2508 viewsitfcjoe

I think it's good that we do want to finish it, and as far away as the play offs appear we have very easy run in.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If it's the wrong decision..... on 19:25 - May 14 with 2504 viewsBloots

….and one that doesn't benefit ITFC in the slightest, then you can guarantee Evans will agree with it.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 with 2488 viewsMullet

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:20 - May 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So five teams that would miss out on promotion if the league was ended today (based on ppg), but still in with a shot of promotion if the games were played. And errr, Ipswich

Bless us

Could it be to do with clauses? Manager, staff and players? Will there be reductions/non-renewals triggered if the season ends but not if it is declared void or able to be challenged?

That seems to be the only measure I can think of which motivates Evans here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 with 2492 viewsEwan_Oozami

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:21 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

If we finish the season, and we're outside the top 6 - which we will be - ME and LON might have the opportunity to get rid of Lambert maybe?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 with 2481 viewsLankHenners

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:20 - May 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bless us

The deluded berk actually thinks we have a chance doesn’t he?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 with 2483 viewsSitfcB

So we can finish 11th and Evans can get rid of Lambert.

I’m all for it!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:29 - May 14 with 2448 viewsMattinLondon

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:25 - May 14 by itfcjoe

I think it's good that we do want to finish it, and as far away as the play offs appear we have very easy run in.

If our run-in was indeed very easy then I think we would be at least in a play-off position rather than tenth.

Surly the only reason for wanting to finish the season is so we can give PL the elbow.
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:30 - May 14 with 2442 viewsstonojnr

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 by SitfcB

So we can finish 11th and Evans can get rid of Lambert.

I’m all for it!

Id expect Lambert to making lots of noises in the press about how he wants the league to continue if that were remotely on the cards.
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:30 - May 14 with 2439 viewsDarth_Koont

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 by Ewan_Oozami

If we finish the season, and we're outside the top 6 - which we will be - ME and LON might have the opportunity to get rid of Lambert maybe?

Yeah - I think you and Mullet could be right. Maybe from a business point of view it ties things up more neatly given players are already around. Also might be EFL payments due too.

From a footballing perspective, I'd rather we get ready for next season and whatever that's going to look like. But if we end up playing meaningless games (for us anyway) then perhaps we can have a go at giving youngsters more experience.

Pronouns: He/Him

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:33 - May 14 with 2419 viewsWD19

The season between @OUFCOfficial @ftfc @Pompey @SunderlandAFC @IpswichTown and @theposhofficial cannot be stopped!!
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:36 - May 14 with 2402 viewsSomethingBlue

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 by Ewan_Oozami

Think Lambert is at least as keen to play on as ME/LON. Lot of bullishness there — players back from injury, decent run-in, treat it like clean slate/new season etc.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:39 - May 14 with 2368 viewsSwansea_Blue

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:26 - May 14 by LankHenners

The deluded berk actually thinks we have a chance doesn’t he?

Lambert does. He was on record the other week saying he can't wait to get the season back on track and in the hunt for promotion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:44 - May 14 with 2337 viewsitfcjoe

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:36 - May 14 by SomethingBlue

Think Lambert is at least as keen to play on as ME/LON. Lot of bullishness there — players back from injury, decent run-in, treat it like clean slate/new season etc.

Too much to do though sadly, everyone has games in hand on us and a 7 point cushion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:45 - May 14 with 2323 viewstractorboy1978

I'd think there are 3 reasons:

1. Belief with our run in we can still make the play offs
2. If we don't - can bin Lambert at a fraction of the cost
3. No issue of having to refund 2 x monthly DD instalments to 10,000 odd ST holders

EDIT - and linked to point 3 - probably other refunds for corporate sponsors, Magical Vegas etc.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 19:48]
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:56 - May 14 with 2263 viewsHerbivore

The only reason is to sack Lambert on the cheap, surely?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:57 - May 14 with 2253 viewsjas0999

...if reports are to be believed, Lambert could go. Certainly penalties in his contract if we don’t get promoted. would bail Evans out of the shambolic decision to give Paul a new five year deal. Even in these challenging times, that decision remains baffling!
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:58 - May 14 with 2247 viewsBlueBadger

I'm guessing/hoping we want to finish the season because Evans wants a legally-watertight 'hasn't achieved promotion' excuse to sack Our Worst ever Manager.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 20:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If it's the wrong decision..... on 20:00 - May 14 with 2237 viewsBlueBadger

If it's the wrong decision..... on 19:25 - May 14 by Bloots

….and one that doesn't benefit ITFC in the slightest, then you can guarantee Evans will agree with it.

Lambert out.

In all fairness, finishing the season would probably give Evans a watertight 'failure clause' which he could use to sack PRP for failing to achieve promotion.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 20:01 - May 14 with 2232 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe we think finishing it would at least stop all the potential legal battles. Let's say they stop the season P'boro aren't promoted and then half way through next season P'boro finally win their legal battle doesnt that run the risk of throwing next season out?
McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 20:10 - May 14 with 2189 viewsBluefish

McAnthony saying we are one of six teams who want to finish the season?? on 19:56 - May 14 by Herbivore

The only reason is to sack Lambert on the cheap, surely?

Seems good enough to me

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024