Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day 19:23 - May 14 with 1599 viewsgiant_stow

And no mention of that on the standard website. Odd.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:31 - May 14 with 1571 viewsmonytowbray

This is the first I’ve heard of it.

Apparently it’s Shadiq Khan’s fault the reasonably costed and ran public transport network needs money 🤷‍♂️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52662171

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:34 - May 14 with 1557 viewsSwansea_Blue

Khan was on O'Brien's show this morning talking about it (apparently). Govt are in discussions with TFL and close(ish) to a package.

I imagine they'll thrash something out.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 20:55]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:35 - May 14 with 1553 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.londonreconnections.com/2020/tfl-the-impossible-finances-of-fighting

This is a good read.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:54 - May 14 with 1521 viewsemmaroyds

Looks like they've hey bailed out by the Government, oh I mean The Taxpayer

BBC News - Coronavirus: Transport for London secures emergency £1.6bn bailout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52670539
Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:57 - May 14 with 1513 viewsHerbivore

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:54 - May 14 by emmaroyds

Looks like they've hey bailed out by the Government, oh I mean The Taxpayer

BBC News - Coronavirus: Transport for London secures emergency £1.6bn bailout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52670539

Can't believe my taxes are going towards bailing out essential public transport. Political correctness gone mad!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 20:56 - May 14 with 1451 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:57 - May 14 by Herbivore

Can't believe my taxes are going towards bailing out essential public transport. Political correctness gone mad!

That was my first thought, but I wasn't sure what the post was getting at. If it's a complaint against public money being used for public services, it is indeed a bit daft.

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 21:32 - May 14 with 1412 viewsDanTheMan

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 20:56 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

That was my first thought, but I wasn't sure what the post was getting at. If it's a complaint against public money being used for public services, it is indeed a bit daft.

Reading what I did above, the Government really don't have much of a choice. If they'd have left it then TFL would have been legally obligated to start chopping down a lot of services, which would have forced even more people onto less services.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 21:44 - May 14 with 1394 viewsOldsmoker

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 19:57 - May 14 by Herbivore

Bluddy London again.
All the money goes to London.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 22:00 - May 14 with 1368 viewsSteve_M

Fortunately the excellent London Reconnections got in early about why this would be necessary:
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2020/tfl-the-impossible-finances-of-fighting

It's an inevitable consequence of Osborne changing the funding model, a change nodded through by a certain previous London mayor.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 22:24 - May 14 with 1314 viewsmonytowbray

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 22:00 - May 14 by Steve_M

Fortunately the excellent London Reconnections got in early about why this would be necessary:

It's an inevitable consequence of Osborne changing the funding model, a change nodded through by a certain previous London mayor.

But Corbyn.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 23:47 - May 14 with 1254 viewsfactual_blue

Perhaps some insurance fraud might be the way forward for them?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 20:26 - Jul 16 with 831 viewsemmaroyds

If I was TFL then that carriage that Banksy decorated for free would have some panels replaced and those that had been
removed would be sent to auction.

There's big money in a Banksy original. He can come and paint my house anytime.
Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 21:01 - Jul 16 with 770 viewsjaykay

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 20:26 - Jul 16 by emmaroyds

If I was TFL then that carriage that Banksy decorated for free would have some panels replaced and those that had been
removed would be sent to auction.

There's big money in a Banksy original. He can come and paint my house anytime.

you beginning to sound like a pain in the backside. oh wait , troll uses a clever name

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tfl might havr to declare itself bankrupt by the end of the day on 21:07 - Jul 16 with 763 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good bump

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024