Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans 21:51 - May 15 with 2669 viewsMaySixth

has asked for the League 1 playoffs to be extended

I've been speaking to a club board member at teatime today in League One (that club is above us).

If this is true, it's shameful
[Post edited 15 May 2020 22:00]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 21:57 - May 15 with 2620 viewspointofblue

There is a perverse logic to it, if the teams below us don't want to play but everyone from us and upwards do.

I saw it as a rumour on the Coventry(?) forum but little more than that. The Bristol Telegraph also says eleven of the twenty three clubs want to finish the season, rather than just the six who have spoken up - Bristol Rovers amongst them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 21:57 - May 15 with 2606 viewsArnieM

Sounds like he’s desperate to me ..... he probably first have as much free / available cash as many think he has and was hoping ( expecting?) Town to bounce back to Championship at first attempt . However you look at it Lambert as totally screwed up this season , in what was probs our best chance .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:03 - May 15 with 2550 viewsMaySixth

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 21:57 - May 15 by pointofblue

There is a perverse logic to it, if the teams below us don't want to play but everyone from us and upwards do.

I saw it as a rumour on the Coventry(?) forum but little more than that. The Bristol Telegraph also says eleven of the twenty three clubs want to finish the season, rather than just the six who have spoken up - Bristol Rovers amongst them.

It's true.

News story 21:45

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:13 - May 15 with 2491 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Has that 'board member' told you if we are going to re-invest 5m that we had received from selling Dozzell to Spurs?
I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:15 - May 15 with 2472 viewsJ2BLUE

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:03 - May 15 by MaySixth

It's true.

News story 21:45

News story at 9:32 on BBC.

I'm sure you didn't see that though...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:21 - May 15 with 2444 viewspointofblue

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:15 - May 15 by J2BLUE

News story at 9:32 on BBC.

I'm sure you didn't see that though...

Though it says nothing about Evans asking for it and suggests the extension may only go as far as eighth.

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:23 - May 15 with 2429 viewsJ2BLUE

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:21 - May 15 by pointofblue

Though it says nothing about Evans asking for it and suggests the extension may only go as far as eighth.

It's not like the OP has a history of making things up...

Oh wait.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:25 - May 15 with 2426 viewsBasuco

Is it that incredible? Town are in 10th place on 52 points, those above us from 3rd to 8th are only 1 point apart with five teams on 59 and Doncaster on 54. If all the teams between us and Oxford are all happy to go into a playoff type tournament for the final promotion place, this could well be the least unfair option to decide the final promotion place.
Login to get fewer ads

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:36 - May 15 with 2360 viewsSpruceMoose

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:25 - May 15 by Basuco

Is it that incredible? Town are in 10th place on 52 points, those above us from 3rd to 8th are only 1 point apart with five teams on 59 and Doncaster on 54. If all the teams between us and Oxford are all happy to go into a playoff type tournament for the final promotion place, this could well be the least unfair option to decide the final promotion place.

With Lambert in charge we would just be making up the numbers anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:02 - May 15 with 2282 viewsPhilTWTD

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 22:21 - May 15 by pointofblue

Am told not Town's suggestion but a tongue-in-cheek idea from another club. Would be amazed if it happened.
I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:02 - May 15 with 2267 viewsSitfcB

Definitely Sunderland.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:03 - May 15 with 2273 viewsSomethingBlue

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 21:57 - May 15 by pointofblue

Bristol paper is right - it's a fair few more than the six, inc at least one relegation battler. Several just not keen to go public and quite a few want more financial info from EFL before clarifying position. Currently I wouldn't want to bet on which way this goes - which I wouldn't have said a few days back.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 23:05]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:52 - May 15 with 2099 viewsbournemouthblue

That famous 9 team play-off system

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:58 - May 15 with 2088 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:52 - May 15 by bournemouthblue

That famous 9 team play-off system

Top 9 split into 3 groups winners of each go up?
I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 09:14 - May 16 with 1608 viewsitfcjoe

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 23:03 - May 15 by SomethingBlue

Bristol paper is right - it's a fair few more than the six, inc at least one relegation battler. Several just not keen to go public and quite a few want more financial info from EFL before clarifying position. Currently I wouldn't want to bet on which way this goes - which I wouldn't have said a few days back.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 23:05]

Andy Holt, who's view I normally respect seems to have lost his mind somewhat over this - just isn't as abrasive as Darragh in his output.

That's the problem when you are basically a non league team in League 1.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 09:25 - May 16 with 1572 viewsBlueBadger

'Incredible' in the 'utterly lacks credibility' sense?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 10:39 - May 16 with 1424 viewspointofblue

I've heard an incredible rumour that Marcus Evans on 09:14 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Andy Holt, who's view I normally respect seems to have lost his mind somewhat over this - just isn't as abrasive as Darragh in his output.

That's the problem when you are basically a non league team in League 1.

I wonder if he read the Bristol Telegraph report, has been told it’s true, and is realising everything is on a knife edge rather than just six of the 23 causing issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024