Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But we will still clap for you! 08:27 - May 16 with 5071 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-nhs-fees-foreign-heal

She’s an absolute cunit. I am utterly disgusted by this.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

But we will still clap for you! on 08:32 - May 16 with 2227 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

One should admire her consistency!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

But we will still clap for you! on 08:33 - May 16 with 2227 viewsHerbivore

She is one of the most awful human beings I have ever witnessed. She has no empathy, she seems to have a genuine nasty streak, and she's not even got the intelligence or integrity to be carrying out her job. She is happy to implement policies that would have made it difficult (if not impossible) for her parents to have come to the UK. Hateful tw@t, basically.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

But we will still clap for you! on 08:38 - May 16 with 2209 viewsBlueNomad

Ah, but she was able to claim that there has been a massive drop in shoplifting during the lockdown.
But we will still clap for you! on 08:40 - May 16 with 2204 viewsHerbivore

But we will still clap for you! on 08:38 - May 16 by BlueNomad

Ah, but she was able to claim that there has been a massive drop in shoplifting during the lockdown.

The thing is she's too thick and full of hubris to even recognise what a ridiculous thing that was to say.

But we will still clap for you! on 08:43 - May 16 with 2199 viewsBlueNomad

But we will still clap for you! on 08:40 - May 16 by Herbivore

The thing is she's too thick and full of hubris to even recognise what a ridiculous thing that was to say.

I met her in a previous professional life when she was first standing for Parliament. I was briefing her on local issues; when I got to talking about social deprivation she completely switched off.
But we will still clap for you! on 08:52 - May 16 with 2168 viewsHerbivore

But we will still clap for you! on 08:43 - May 16 by BlueNomad

I met her in a previous professional life when she was first standing for Parliament. I was briefing her on local issues; when I got to talking about social deprivation she completely switched off.

She is one of those Tories that genuinely believes that if you're poor it's your own fault.

But we will still clap for you! on 08:55 - May 16 with 2157 viewscbower

The public has got what it voted for I'm afraid. Little will change whilst people are so easily conned by these charlatans who have one aim, to preserve and strengthen the vested interests of the elite and wealthy. She is a nasty piece of work.

bluescouser

But we will still clap for you! on 09:01 - May 16 with 2142 viewsNewcyBlue

But we will still clap for you! on 08:55 - May 16 by cbower

The public has got what it voted for I'm afraid. Little will change whilst people are so easily conned by these charlatans who have one aim, to preserve and strengthen the vested interests of the elite and wealthy. She is a nasty piece of work.

No, the public has got what racists, bigots, selfish, richer, and idiots voted for!

That’s my issue. I’m ashamed by of this country. That many nationalities from all over the world have kept us going, and this is how we repay them.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

But we will still clap for you! on 09:07 - May 16 with 2122 viewsbluelagos

But we will still clap for you! on 09:01 - May 16 by NewcyBlue

No, the public has got what racists, bigots, selfish, richer, and idiots voted for!

That’s my issue. I’m ashamed by of this country. That many nationalities from all over the world have kept us going, and this is how we repay them.

Not in my name. Never voted Tory.

Never would, so long as people with views like Pritti Patel are part of their party. They have embraced Ukip and all they stood for and this example shines a light on their views of immigrants. Immigrants who continue to make huge contributions to the NHS.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

But we will still clap for you! on 09:10 - May 16 with 2109 viewsbluelagos

But we will still clap for you! on 08:55 - May 16 by cbower

No. The majority of people didnt vote for this shower. We have an electoral system that gives huge majorities to parties who get 40+ % of the votes when the other votes are split.

The system is the problem and the fact that the tories believe they have a mandate (on a minority vote) merely demonstrates they are in it for themselves.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

But we will still clap for you! on 09:11 - May 16 with 2106 viewsHerbivore

But we will still clap for you! on 09:01 - May 16 by NewcyBlue

Sadly the racists, the bigots, the selfish, and the just plain blinkered and brainwashed make up enough of the country that we keep ending up with an awful Tory government. Those in the centre that sat on their hands and enabled this need to take a look at themselves too, but they won't.

But we will still clap for you! on 09:42 - May 16 with 2064 viewsBlueBadger

I am genuinely baffled as to how the daughter of ACTUAL REFUGEES can be like this with regard to people who are genuinely working for the good of the country.
My only conclusion is that she's internalised the institutional xenophobia of the conservative party to such an extent she doesn't see it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

But we will still clap for you! on 09:46 - May 16 with 2057 viewsGuthrum

But we will still clap for you! on 09:42 - May 16 by BlueBadger

I am genuinely baffled as to how the daughter of ACTUAL REFUGEES can be like this with regard to people who are genuinely working for the good of the country.
My only conclusion is that she's internalised the institutional xenophobia of the conservative party to such an extent she doesn't see it.

Perhaps (and I have no way of knowing) she feels* that because she is the child of immigrants, she needs to compensate by coming down harder on them than someone without that background, in the context of a currently pretty xenophobic Conservative Party?

* Unconsciously, in all likelihood.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 9:47]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

But we will still clap for you! on 09:48 - May 16 with 2048 viewsBlueBadger

But we will still clap for you! on 09:46 - May 16 by Guthrum

Perhaps (and I have no way of knowing) she feels* that because she is the child of immigrants, she needs to compensate by coming down harder on them than someone without that background, in the context of a currently pretty xenophobic Conservative Party?

* Unconsciously, in all likelihood.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 9:47]

I think that's probably what I was trying to say, only not as clearly as you, obvs!

A bit like the 'working class' Tories like Dorries and McVey who appear determined to be even more vile than the posh ones as they're determined to prove 'look, we're one of you too!'.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 9:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

But we will still clap for you! on 09:58 - May 16 with 2026 viewsBlueBadger

But we will still clap for you! on 09:11 - May 16 by Herbivore

Sadly the racists, the bigots, the selfish, and the just plain blinkered and brainwashed make up enough of the country that we keep ending up with an awful Tory government. Those in the centre that sat on their hands and enabled this need to take a look at themselves too, but they won't.

Likewise, those who insisted on pushing an utterly incompetent Labour leader because he was 'better' than more pragmatic, competent options should take a look at themselves. Even now, they're blaming 'the media', 'propaganda', 'red Tory sabotage' or carrying on like Principal Skinner.

But we will still clap for you! on 10:00 - May 16 with 2019 viewsfactual_blue

The words 'fity-two per cent' suddenly spring to mind.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

But we will still clap for you! on 10:04 - May 16 with 2009 viewsMeadowlark

Reminds me of Tebbit.
But we will still clap for you! on 10:06 - May 16 with 2006 viewsHerbivore

But we will still clap for you! on 09:58 - May 16 by BlueBadger

Likewise, those who insisted on pushing an utterly incompetent Labour leader because he was 'better' than more pragmatic, competent options should take a look at themselves. Even now, they're blaming 'the media', 'propaganda', 'red Tory sabotage' or carrying on like Principal Skinner.

People still had a choice and those that chose to sit on their hands helped to enable this Tory government. I have/had no enthusiasm for Corbyn as a leader, but when the choice is him or this Johnson-led shower that is a relatively easy choice for me. The vulnerable in this country can't afford the luxury of ideological purity.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 10:07]

But we will still clap for you! on 10:07 - May 16 with 2006 viewsartsbossbeard

I really don't get how our current battle with Covid-19 is linked to the "good old fashioned war time spirit".

From what I've seen many would dob their Jewish neighbours to the Gestapo and constantly harass others to show their papers.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

But we will still clap for you! on 10:11 - May 16 with 1991 viewsHerbivore

But we will still clap for you! on 10:07 - May 16 by artsbossbeard

I really don't get how our current battle with Covid-19 is linked to the "good old fashioned war time spirit".

From what I've seen many would dob their Jewish neighbours to the Gestapo and constantly harass others to show their papers.

Quite. The biggest newspaper title in the country once ran the headline 'Hurrah for the Blackshirts!' and if we're honest, their politics hasn't particularly shifted over the years. It's easy to forget how small minded and mean spirited a large chunk of the country is.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 10:14]

But we will still clap for you! on 10:12 - May 16 with 1989 viewsBrianTablet

She's an absolute Tory.
This is what they love.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

But we will still clap for you! on 10:38 - May 16 with 1943 viewsBlueBadger

But we will still clap for you! on 10:06 - May 16 by Herbivore

People still had a choice and those that chose to sit on their hands helped to enable this Tory government. I have/had no enthusiasm for Corbyn as a leader, but when the choice is him or this Johnson-led shower that is a relatively easy choice for me. The vulnerable in this country can't afford the luxury of ideological purity.

Oh absolutely. That's why I'm disgusted wit the self-indulgence the left has allowed itself to wallow in for the last 5 years.

But we will still clap for you! on 11:02 - May 16 with 1922 viewsBlueBadger

But we will still clap for you! on 10:07 - May 16 by artsbossbeard

Lest we forget, petty crime was absolutely rife during the Blitz.

But we will still clap for you! on 11:13 - May 16 with 1901 viewspointofblue

But we will still clap for you! on 10:06 - May 16 by Herbivore

True but whilst I couldn’t vote Conservative I couldn’t vote Labour either. With a competent leader in charge of the latter would I have done? In all likelihood yes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

But we will still clap for you! on 11:34 - May 16 with 1870 viewsDarth_Koont

But we will still clap for you! on 09:58 - May 16 by BlueBadger

Gmpf.

You don't really know what you're talking about, do you?

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024