Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberts 11:55 - May 16 with 1459 viewsWickets

Football Stats can easily throw up a confused picture . I dont think many of us will argue if we do not offer Jason Roberts a new contract . But It looks as though he did OK at Gillingham as i think they must have gone on a bit of a run to finish above us , well we were pants after going top so maybe not . But compare 10 starts 2 goals with say Will Keane 14 starts 3 goals , think thats right . Would be good to compare their salaries .
Roberts on 12:01 - May 16 with 1425 viewsSuperblue95

Had a great career but as he’s in his mid 40s by now I’d say we should pass

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Roberts on 12:05 - May 16 with 1412 viewsChrisd

I appreciate I don't see the players day in, day out like PL and his coaching staff, but it amazes me why Roberts was never given a go in a wide role here either in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation. He works hard, will get himself into the box and can score goals. He's was shoved up front last season and then simply bombed out.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Roberts on 12:12 - May 16 with 1386 viewsVaughan8

I think you mean Jordan Roberts haha

To be honest, I think he wasn't given a fair go. Scored a few goals in the efl trophy and surely can't be much worse than Keane.

Didn't we only have one available striker once he was on loan at one point?

I'm guessing we had the 3 senior strikers and then a few youngsters to try as backup.

Definitely should have had more games on the bench if not come on. We were never that flush with goals!
[Post edited 16 May 2020 12:14]
Roberts on 12:32 - May 16 with 1332 viewsDarth_Koont

I quite liked Roberts but probably not worth going back now.

I think his main problem is he's a composite of Jackson, Norwood and Keane and they perform their main role better. In a different set-up with other strikers/attackers he could have been more useful.

Pronouns: He/Him

Roberts on 12:41 - May 16 with 1309 viewsBrianTablet

Roberts on 12:01 - May 16 by Superblue95

Had a great career but as he’s in his mid 40s by now I’d say we should pass

He was excellent in All the President's Men though.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Roberts on 13:27 - May 16 with 1252 viewsWickets

Roberts on 12:12 - May 16 by Vaughan8

I think you mean Jordan Roberts haha

To be honest, I think he wasn't given a fair go. Scored a few goals in the efl trophy and surely can't be much worse than Keane.

Didn't we only have one available striker once he was on loan at one point?

I'm guessing we had the 3 senior strikers and then a few youngsters to try as backup.

Definitely should have had more games on the bench if not come on. We were never that flush with goals!
[Post edited 16 May 2020 12:14]

Yes of course i do Thanks .
Roberts on 18:41 - May 16 with 1111 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Roberts on 08:10 - May 17 with 953 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Roberts on 12:05 - May 16 by Chrisd

I appreciate I don't see the players day in, day out like PL and his coaching staff, but it amazes me why Roberts was never given a go in a wide role here either in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation. He works hard, will get himself into the box and can score goals. He's was shoved up front last season and then simply bombed out.

He's just a really really average footballer. nowhere near the level we need. We have much better players. He does try hsrd though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Roberts on 13:31 - May 17 with 885 viewsChrisd

Roberts on 08:10 - May 17 by Terry_Nutkins

He's just a really really average footballer. nowhere near the level we need. We have much better players. He does try hsrd though.

You could be right, but one thing that he does do, is he works hard. He looked out of his depth up front last season in the Championship, but he certainly put himself about. He isn't really an out and out striker and not one that can play a lone role. At Crawley Town, he was a wide play that drifted in field, but he never really got the chance to play in that role here. It was more striker or bust.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Roberts on 13:40 - May 17 with 876 viewsDarth_Koont

Roberts on 13:31 - May 17 by Chrisd

You could be right, but one thing that he does do, is he works hard. He looked out of his depth up front last season in the Championship, but he certainly put himself about. He isn't really an out and out striker and not one that can play a lone role. At Crawley Town, he was a wide play that drifted in field, but he never really got the chance to play in that role here. It was more striker or bust.

I'm with you. He's not the greatest but he's certainly a lot more versatile than the others. So not sure how far ahead the others are in terms of effectiveness.

It'll be no big loss, I'm sure. Especially, if we can start using players like Dobra, El Mizouni, Simpson, Folami and Morris more. Mostly in hindsight (but a little foresight too), we should have been making more use of them and developing them down in League One.

Pronouns: He/Him

Roberts on 14:38 - May 17 with 834 viewsbobbyramsey

Roberts on 08:10 - May 17 by Terry_Nutkins

.....at best we are a really, really average football club.

He's probably about our level....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024