Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? 16:33 - May 16 with 3526 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

From today's briefing
"Transport use is consistently low, though there is a slight rise in the use of cars and light goods vehicles as people begin to go back to work, she says."

Slight!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 16:40 - May 16 with 3315 viewsbluelagos

Tell you what Bankster, go to Copdock (Top of the A12) at 8.30 on Monday morning. If you have to queue 20 mins to get on the roundabout - then we are back where we were.

Happy to take the bet you won't queue a minute.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:08 - May 16 with 3232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 16:40 - May 16 by bluelagos

Tell you what Bankster, go to Copdock (Top of the A12) at 8.30 on Monday morning. If you have to queue 20 mins to get on the roundabout - then we are back where we were.

Happy to take the bet you won't queue a minute.

Fair enough, it must just be the A12 up Saxmundham way...maybe they are all off to Aldeburgh but traffic up this way has increased more than slightly.

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:19 - May 16 with 3214 viewsbluelagos

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:08 - May 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fair enough, it must just be the A12 up Saxmundham way...maybe they are all off to Aldeburgh but traffic up this way has increased more than slightly.

Harwich was very quiet today, Clacton less so. The bit that confused me was all the cars parked on the seafront around Holland but the beaches were empty. Not sure where all the people were.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:25 - May 16 with 3194 viewsWD19

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:19 - May 16 by bluelagos

Harwich was very quiet today, Clacton less so. The bit that confused me was all the cars parked on the seafront around Holland but the beaches were empty. Not sure where all the people were.

Knees Up in the Roaring Donkey.....
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:46 - May 16 with 3159 viewsElderGrizzly

The data is from the mobile companies tracking phones isn’t it?
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 20:30 - May 16 with 3082 viewsEwan_Oozami

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:46 - May 16 by ElderGrizzly

The data is from the mobile companies tracking phones isn’t it?

More likely from satnavs I reckon?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 20:34 - May 16 with 3072 viewsitfcjoe

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:19 - May 16 by bluelagos

It's taken my Mother in Law an hour and a half to get from Severalls to St Osyth since going back to work on Thursday (leaving Colchester 5pm on Thurs, and 1.30pm Friday)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 21:02 - May 16 with 3035 viewsstonojnr

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 20:30 - May 16 by Ewan_Oozami

anpr cameras, the ones that do the traffic for sat navs

problem is they tend to be on main routes only, so it doesnt give you the whole picture.

main roads probably are very quiet still, but my maybe less than scientific analysis, counting cars thru Kesgrave as I ride my bike, and traffic levels are roughly speaking 86% back to "normal" levels, first week of May they were only 52%, about a month ago they were a mere 2%.
Login to get fewer ads

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 21:43 - May 16 with 2972 viewsPinewoodblue

It tells you on the graph they show that it is mobile phones.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 22:16 - May 16 with 2929 viewsxrayspecs

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 20:34 - May 16 by itfcjoe

It's taken my Mother in Law an hour and a half to get from Severalls to St Osyth since going back to work on Thursday (leaving Colchester 5pm on Thurs, and 1.30pm Friday)

You really should offer her a lift....walking will be the death of her....

Where we are, some of the increased car use is from folk self-isolating. Golf buddy of mine and I now both drive to local course rather than car sharing.

Not saying that this is the sole reason, but a lot of folk are using their cars to avoid contact with others.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 22:18]
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 22:25 - May 16 with 2915 viewsEwan_Oozami

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 21:43 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

Ah yes, I see that now! But it is the case that most satnavs have the capability to report their location via the data connection on the driver's smartphone (if the driver wishes to that is) so location can be reported without the phone GPS being on - but it's more likey to bes drivers using smartphone satnavs that are being shown there - they could get data from celltowers if the smartphone GPS is off and assume that from the way the phone is moving, it's in a car - but I'd say those stats on that graph are an underestimate - the A12 (between Ipswich and Brentwood) was quite busy this afternoon, probably up to about 2/3 of normal Saturday traffic levels I'd say...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 22:58 - May 16 with 2884 viewssparks

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 22:25 - May 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Ah yes, I see that now! But it is the case that most satnavs have the capability to report their location via the data connection on the driver's smartphone (if the driver wishes to that is) so location can be reported without the phone GPS being on - but it's more likey to bes drivers using smartphone satnavs that are being shown there - they could get data from celltowers if the smartphone GPS is off and assume that from the way the phone is moving, it's in a car - but I'd say those stats on that graph are an underestimate - the A12 (between Ipswich and Brentwood) was quite busy this afternoon, probably up to about 2/3 of normal Saturday traffic levels I'd say...

Vast majority of journeys aren't satnaved. Suspect the analysis massively underestimates.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 23:10 - May 16 with 2867 viewsSwansea_Blue

I went out today without a mobile and the car doesn’t have a satnav.

I was like a stealth ninja.

But in an 8 year old Fiat Panda.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 23:41 - May 16 with 2846 viewsmonytowbray

Lakenheath high street was much busier yesterday around 12pm. Post office had a queue 9 deep (not seen it get higher than 3). Lot more cars out and about too. Would say it was closer to regular weekend traffic on a weekday. So still down but up.

My explanation of this reads like a Daily Briefing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 02:33 - May 17 with 2795 viewsjeera

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 23:10 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

Cerise?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 09:11 - May 17 with 2665 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 23:10 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

Me too but in a Citroen ZX.....they'll never take us alive! #stickingittotheman

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 09:26 - May 17 with 2655 viewsNewcyBlue

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 09:11 - May 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Me too but in a Citroen ZX.....they'll never take us alive! #stickingittotheman

Is it a Volcane? They were pretty cool.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 10:15 - May 17 with 2618 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 09:26 - May 17 by NewcyBlue

Is it a Volcane? They were pretty cool.

Indeed....black with a lovely red trim....Miss Slave is a big fan of the ZX but unfortunately the rear axles never outlive the engines...with the seat down they accomadate her lawn mower and assorted tools. This one is off to the knackers yard soon and they are getting harder to find locally.

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 10:40 - May 17 with 2602 viewsdickie

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 22:58 - May 16 by sparks

Vast majority of journeys aren't satnaved. Suspect the analysis massively underestimates.

Google maps sends traffic info anonymously on Android phones unless the setting is turned off I believe
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 10:55 - May 17 with 2597 viewsPinewoodblue

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 11:23 - May 17 with 2573 viewsElephantintheRoom

Traffic is up marginally around here - I took a trip to where I used to work on thursday.... barely saw another car.... and the M11 is still largely trucks and those oh so essential white vans

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 12:05 - May 17 with 2564 viewsdickie

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 11:23 - May 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Traffic is up marginally around here - I took a trip to where I used to work on thursday.... barely saw another car.... and the M11 is still largely trucks and those oh so essential white vans

Humber Doucy Lane is gradually becoming a twice day rat run again. It was likely a country track for weeks!
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 12:39 - May 17 with 2549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 02:33 - May 17 by jeera

Cerise?

I told you only to call me that in private!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 16:06 - May 17 with 2485 viewsLeaky

Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 17:08 - May 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Traffic on the A! & A14 is busier but not as high as i was expecting. Had some idiot at Grafham Water turn up with a group of people decided to park his car in Perry unloading a tent, fishing rod & a BBQ soon got told F off.
Car use....do they just make this stuff up..? on 20:00 - May 17 with 2395 viewsTractorWood

The A14 from just past Newmarket to Huntingdon is a crawling car park any normal weekday. Bet you'd fly through atm.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024