Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 21:41 - May 16 with 5352 viewsSitfcB

It would’ve been different wouldn’t it...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:49 - May 16 with 3653 viewsEpiphone

Imagine if it had been Mings,the poor lad would’ve been crucified!
No, we are destined to.... on 21:49 - May 16 with 3656 viewsBloots

….have no success at all for the rest of your life.

Accept it.

Move on.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:50 - May 16 with 3654 viewsEastTownBlue

Strangely I was only thinking about that this afternoon.

I convinced myself that it woud have gone to extra time. Not so sure after that.
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:51 - May 16 with 3647 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've forgotten the running order of this game. Did Smith score when we were down to 10 men?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:57 - May 16 with 3615 viewsFootballpete

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:51 - May 16 by gainsboroughblue

I've forgotten the running order of this game. Did Smith score when we were down to 10 men?

Yeah we were down to ten by then. What a moment that was.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:12 - May 16 with 3585 viewsFixed_It

They were beaten until the sending off. And they knew it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No, we are destined to.... on 22:17 - May 16 with 3567 viewsSitfcB

No, we are destined to.... on 21:49 - May 16 by Bloots

Accept it.

Move on.

COYB

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:20 - May 16 with 3558 viewsSitfcB

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:12 - May 16 by Fixed_It

I remember at HT we were disappointed not to be ahead.

I just re-read the match report on here after posting this and it’s made me depressed.

What could have been...

...plus Middlesbrough didn’t even turn up in the final.

.......plus plus, it was f’king typical we finally made the play-offs after all those years and it had to be against them.

.............plus plus plus, had we done our job on the final day we wouldn’t have gotten them in the PO semi would we?

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:20 - May 16 with 3556 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree. This won't be popular but I don't think we'd have won the tie. The goal would have settled their nerves and we'd have been well beaten. Deep down we all knew it was over once he got the red card. The pressure was off and it temporarily lifted the team. The fans rallied and the team responded.

I think it's rewriting history to suggest we would have won or even got to ET.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:36 - May 16 with 3524 viewsBlueBadger

It would have been a lot tighter. They were definitely wobbling after Smith's goal.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:38 - May 16 with 3519 viewsjudespiveyg

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:20 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Disagree. This won't be popular but I don't think we'd have won the tie. The goal would have settled their nerves and we'd have been well beaten. Deep down we all knew it was over once he got the red card. The pressure was off and it temporarily lifted the team. The fans rallied and the team responded.

Agreed, they had most of their Premier League squad still and our team had exceeded all expectations to get that far. Looking at the lineups that day I'd only take Mings over Olsonn at left back, Murphy over Jerome up front and probably Berra over Martin at centre half. Our squad massively overachieved that season for the sum of its parts and to go one down away to a side that had doubled them probably would have led to defeat anyway.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:46 - May 16 with 3498 viewsBlueBrittania

Am I right in thinking Smith could have gone down and got Ruddy sent off instead of scoring? I think they had used all three subs at that point as well.
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 23:20 - May 16 with 3436 viewsHerbivore

I think we'd still have lost. We were better than them first half and I felt we should have had a penalty, but they'd started the second half brightly and we'd not really got started. The goal would have settled them and we'd have struggled to get back into it. Impossible to say for sure, of course, but I always felt losing the goal was bigger than losing a man.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No, we are destined to.... on 23:29 - May 16 with 3416 viewsBlueBadger

No, we are destined to.... on 21:49 - May 16 by Bloots

Accept it.

Move on.

The consistent factor in most of it is Lambert. Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 23:30 - May 16 with 3418 viewsLankHenners

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:20 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I don't think we'd have been well beaten but do agree they'd have run out (narrow) winners.

We contained them well for 45 but they came out of the blocks in the 2nd half with tremendous tempo which unsettled us and forced errors which led to the penalty being conceded in the first place.

I still claim that if the results ran out so we played literally any other team that finished in the top 6 that year (Bournemouth included) we'd have gone up. Over the course of the regular season we'd proved we could go toe-to-toe (and more) against them all but something about *them* we just couldn't get over, the tw@ts.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 23:36 - May 16 with 3398 viewsmonytowbray

Oh joy I’d managed to forget football existed for 2 months and now it’s all come back.

Son’s crying now thanks.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 02:19 - May 17 with 3295 viewspatrickswell

So annoying how they just seem to be able to find that extra gear. Even when Tommy brought us level, they just dusted themselves down and suddenly ramped up their play again.

Across the last 12 derby matches we’ve held winning positions for a combined total of 26 minutes. 6 minutes at Carrow Road in Feb 2017 and 2018; 14 minutes at Portman Road in September 2018. That might be Hurst’s one tangible positive achievement from his time here.
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 07:57 - May 17 with 3156 viewsgainsboroughblue

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 02:19 - May 17 by patrickswell

So annoying how they just seem to be able to find that extra gear. Even when Tommy brought us level, they just dusted themselves down and suddenly ramped up their play again.

Across the last 12 derby matches we’ve held winning positions for a combined total of 26 minutes. 6 minutes at Carrow Road in Feb 2017 and 2018; 14 minutes at Portman Road in September 2018. That might be Hurst’s one tangible positive achievement from his time here.

Christ. That is a depressing stat.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 08:23 - May 17 with 3125 viewsGuthrum

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 23:20 - May 16 by Herbivore

I think we'd still have lost. We were better than them first half and I felt we should have had a penalty, but they'd started the second half brightly and we'd not really got started. The goal would have settled them and we'd have struggled to get back into it. Impossible to say for sure, of course, but I always felt losing the goal was bigger than losing a man.

Probably true. After all, that was the situation which led to that incident in the first place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 08:32 - May 17 with 3110 viewsjas0999

Not convinced. We will never know.

Still think if Evans had have invested in January window - MM had lined up targets - the play offs would have been irrelevant as we’d have gone up automatically - but again we will never know.
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 09:01 - May 17 with 3061 viewsitfcjoe

Had it hit his chest and stayed out I think we'd have won, their crowd was seriously edgy and had we held out until an hour the atmosphere would have killed them as could really feel it going that way.

That goal would have changed everything as it was, so hard to know how things would have gone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 09:03 - May 17 with 3051 viewspointofblue

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 02:19 - May 17 by patrickswell

Norwich were ruddy awful at Portman Road in September 2018. How the heck there ended up being a whole division between the sides...

I agree with those who said we’d have still lost even if Berra had let them score in 2015.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 10:00 - May 17 with 2971 viewstextbackup

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 21:49 - May 16 by Epiphone

Imagine if it had been Mings,the poor lad would’ve been crucified!

rubbish.

Berra lost a lot of respect from many when he done that, never even got remotely back to his best level after that day.

for what its worth I think with 11 men it would have gone to ET, even pens..... no idea what would have happened. either way whoever made the final out of us or them would have won the final after being on such a massive high from the semi

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 10:16 - May 17 with 2942 viewshaynes_toe1

That stat doesnt sound right to me but if it is then how depressing.
Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 10:17 - May 17 with 2939 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Imagine Berra just let it in and we were 1-0 down but 11v11 on 22:12 - May 16 by Fixed_It

Not quite sure how you work that out. If he hadn't handled it we would have been 1-0 down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024