Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) 00:29 - May 17 with 2841 viewsGirthyguy

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:32 - May 17 with 2202 viewsBluefish

Yes I've had circa 10 ops by some distance the most painful was the one by the NHS

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:37 - May 17 with 2185 viewscatch74

Yes.

But they’ve also been utterly incredible too.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:42 - May 17 with 2177 viewsGirthyguy

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:32 - May 17 by Bluefish

Yes I've had circa 10 ops by some distance the most painful was the one by the NHS

Their ineptitude led to my father's excruciating painful death. So right now I have no sympathy for the hospital which treated him (TORBAY). I know they do amazing things but I find it incredibly difficult to clap for them on a Thursday evening. I do though.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:55 - May 17 with 2147 viewsjeera

I think it's important to distinguish the difference between the institution and its individual members.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:59 - May 17 with 2140 viewsJ2BLUE

Never. The job they do while understaffed, underpaid and underfunded is incredible.

Sorry to hear about your father. Completely understand your view.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 01:00 - May 17 with 2138 viewsBlueBadger

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:32 - May 17 by Bluefish

Presumably because, like the proper builder who follows the cowboys, they'd had to sort out the previous 9 bodge jobs from the Efficient Private Sector?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 1:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 01:02 - May 17 with 2129 viewsSpruceMoose

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 01:00 - May 17 by BlueBadger

Presumably because, like the proper builder who follows the cowboys, they'd had to sort out the previous 9 bodge jobs from the Efficient Private Sector?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 1:01]

No money left after that time Romford sued them!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 01:58 - May 17 with 2087 viewsMr_J

Yes, but it was due to one/two people not taking me seriously and in turn causing some unnecessary pain. Once I had a diagnosis the treatment was top notch.
Login to get fewer ads

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 07:05 - May 17 with 2026 viewsIPS_wich

Almost killed my mum through some startling ineptitude 10 years ago.

I’m a health planner/advisor and whilst I’ve never worked for the NHS, I have worked with about 20 hospitals and another dozen or so NHS bodies. It’s the UKs largest organisation by a mile, and as such employees a real diversity of staff. Some absolute stars, but also some of the biggest wastes of space I’ve ever come across - both clinical front line staff, senior leaders and regular staff.

It’s woefully underfunded to do what it does, but at the same time wastes millions and millions of pounds a year through poor practices, rubbish systems and unnecessary negligence payments.

I love it and I despise it in almost equal measure...but having advised both the US and Australian health systems, I am very glad the UK has the NHS - nobody will ever be left behind or out of pocket.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 07:38 - May 17 with 1989 viewsnoggin

Only as an employee. Power crazed management within the London Ambulance Service who care nothing for the welfare of frontline staff. It's all about meeting targets. Thankfully, Norway is utopia in comparison.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 07:44 - May 17 with 1981 viewsBloomBlue

Yes but conversely no.

When you get old like me you've used the NHS for many things and like all big 'companies' you will find they are terrible at certain things, but great at others.

So I've had an experience of the NHS being unable to resolve an issue I had, gave up with the NHS and went private and they sorted it very quickly.
But conversely the NHS have been great especially as I've reached old age.

The NHS needs to be restructured, when companies get big they need constant reforms if not they end up wasting millions, personally I think it should be modelled on the public-private model Germany has.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 08:30 - May 17 with 1939 viewsjas0999

Always received excellent service from the NHS - particularly considering how stretched the system is and how little pay most of the staff get in comparison to other industries.

There’s been the odd disappointment of course, but overall I can’t speak highly enough of the NHS.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 08:43 - May 17 with 1924 viewsGaryCooper

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:55 - May 17 by jeera

I think it's important to distinguish the difference between the institution and its individual members.

Collective praise and collective responsibility?

The NHS were wholly responsible for the death of my father, ineptitude at every turn, in any other situation manslaughter charges would have been made, the police would not entertain it.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 09:20 - May 17 with 1884 viewsemmaroyds

Yes and no.

Yes because my GP practice didn't spot that the big spot on my head was Lymphoma, they gave me some cream for it.

No because once I had been diagnosed, the treatment at West Suffolk hospital and Addenbrooks was first class.

My stress levels go through the roof so I'm not the best patient, especially if I don't know what's going on. I like the be kept informed even if the news is not good.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 09:29 - May 17 with 1862 viewsNthQldITFC

Yes and no - I'm glad I'm not in traction any more.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 09:29 - May 17 with 1861 viewspointofblue

Sadly yes, more than once. But that doesn’t take away the incredible jobs the majority do ad how they are putting themselves at risk on a daily basis.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 09:32 - May 17 with 1858 viewsWD19

Yes, many times - in ways small and larger.

But it has helped me many more times.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 09:53 - May 17 with 1826 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 00:55 - May 17 by jeera

Absolutely.

Whatever anybody thinks of the institution, the way it is run etc, the Thursday night clap is for the people on the front line saving lives, or comforting those that sadly lose a battle. Incredible people who should be given serious recognition (probably in a similar way that the US give recognition to the Military and its veterans). I’d be absolutely delighted to pay more taxes if it was going to doctors and nurses (ie to pay them a fair wage) but my problem with the system (another thread altogether) is that it will not.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 10:04 - May 17 with 1813 viewsflimflam

Saved my life once but also majorly let down another 2 times.

Now go private and see a Chinese doctor practicing a mixture of Chinese and Western medicines who has been brilliant and sorted my issues after 5 years of failure by the NHS.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 10:20 - May 17 with 1793 viewsBlueBadger

The canteen had run out of steak and kidney pies the other day by the time I got out for my break.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 10:27 - May 17 with 1774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 10:20 - May 17 by BlueBadger

The canteen had run out of steak and kidney pies the other day by the time I got out for my break.

Private caterers then?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 11:03 - May 17 with 1740 viewshampstead_blue

Yes. Massively and it had a bad effect to my life for a good 10 years. Probably 4 or five failed and poor procedures on my lower spine. Left me with broken and loose metal work.

No. The recent operation gave me my life back again.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 11:16 - May 17 with 1719 viewsPinewoodblue

Think we all take it for granted the NHS Will be there for us when we need them.

When I think of some of the stories friends in US have relayed I am grateful for what we have.

https://www.thebalance.com/medical-bankruptcy-statistics-4154729

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 11:20 - May 17 with 1714 viewsDebsyAngel

Yes - especially since Apr 2019 when I came down with whatever I have got and still have. All last year I was accused of it "being all in my head" by a few doctors/practice nurses, not believed by the doctor I saw the most as any test results came back "normal", and the last time she saw me in Feb this year, could not see the huge blockage up my nose that is making it hard for me to breathe. I had to see another doctor who did refer me to ENT "if I wanted her to", and of course, all this plague started and not heard since.

I was also appalled at my Dad's treatments over the years for his hip operation and a hernia years before, that both times he managed to get infections which caused him even more pain and distress and longer stays in hospital. I was fuming when they sent him home December 2018 when he had chronic cellulutis and also a prostate infection. He had a catheter badly fitted to help with the latter, and was in and out of hospital. Sent him home one day, only for the ambulance to have to get him back in the next morning.
Has the NHS ever let you down? (n/t) on 11:21 - May 17 with 1714 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes many times individually - and collectively.

As a pre-war concept that more or less allowed smoking doctors in tweed to dispense a yellow linctus and refer occasionally to their betters in a local hospital it was outdated and inadequate by the 60s.

The shambolic health care system in this country which has fractured hospital medical care from community medical care - both inward looking and underfunded hamstrung by their own budgets, -- and both .distanced from an essentially non-existent or outsourced care in the community system which is totally unfit for purpose is a national scandal long in the making.

Anyone who has had the misfortune to have elderly relatives or suffer a somewhat unusual and expensive to treat disease has been more or less excluded by the NHS for decades

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024