Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. 10:10 - May 17 with 16383 viewsPecker

Firstly I would like to start by saying that my Wife and I still have no symptoms. Thanks to those for their kind words. Now, I shall begin. Please bare with me, as I shall be telling you stuff that I never thought I would be.
I gave a positive test on Thursday. I was told this on Friday .
I have been tested for the last couple of weeks or so, as has my Daughter, who works as a Nurse at Ipswich General. Why have we both been tested when others haven't? We applied for testing because of our home life. I asked Badger if he had applied, you can check back if you wish. The reason we both applied are as follows.

Firstly, my Daughter is pregnant with her second child. She shouldn't be putting herself in harms way, but she told her ward manager that she wanted to carry on in these difficult times and she agreed as long as my Daughter took a daily test. I do not know if this is across the board or not, but my Daughter is tested daily, because she applied to be. If others are not, then I do not have an answer for that. Take it up with those who decide such things. She has recently split up with her abusive Husband and now lives back at home with us.

Secondly, Me. I have 3 Daughters. 2 have I mentioned on here before. 1 is a Nurse, you know that already. 1 is in finance. She make wealthy people wealthier. My 3rd daughter has Rett Syndrome. This is a severe form of Autism, or not depending on the department you deal with. Basically, my Daughter has been confined to one room in our house all her life. She has no idea who She is or what is going on. Different children develop different symptoms. Unfortunately my daughter has the severe sort and can do nothing for herself. My Wife and I look after her at different times of the day and we have a carer who helps us. She is an absolute angel with my Daughter and we couldn't have her at home without her help. I will let those of you who want to, look up Rett Syndrome for yourself.

As I hope you can appreciate, my home life is extremely complicated. I have 3 wonderful Daughters and an amazing Wife. Football is my only realise from this, so that is why I joined this forum. I never thought my life would be aired in this way, but there you go. I haven't gone into full detail here, as that would be even long winded than this one is. I am sure there will be some who will try and pick the bones out of this also. So be it.

I hope that clears some of it up for you. Like I have said, I haven't gone into full detail as this would take up even more of your time. For those of you who want to pick the bones out of this one, then please carry on. Believe or not, I shall leave it up to you.
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:34 - May 17 with 5663 viewsWeWereZombies

I'll be honest with you Pecker, I have been wondering if you are a made up account (one of footers many Dagestan ordered aliases...) but am regretting my suspicious mind at the moment. Firstly, I have looked up Rett syndrome:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rett_syndrome

That must have been tough to come to terms with and even tougher to live with.

Secondly, I have been catching up on the iPlayer with editions of Panorama before they expire. So I have seen the expose on Whorlton Hall ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Quality_Commission#Whorlton_Hall ) and the travails of Somerset County Council ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005jpf/panorama-crisis-in-care-part-1-wh ). Neither are easy or fun to watch but necessary viewing for all of us I think, so that we can understand the difficult issues for families, individuals and the state that social care involves.

Take care now, and I hope that you either show no symptoms or just get a mild case.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:45 - May 17 with 5620 viewsPecker

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:34 - May 17 by WeWereZombies

I'll be honest with you Pecker, I have been wondering if you are a made up account (one of footers many Dagestan ordered aliases...) but am regretting my suspicious mind at the moment. Firstly, I have looked up Rett syndrome:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rett_syndrome

That must have been tough to come to terms with and even tougher to live with.

Secondly, I have been catching up on the iPlayer with editions of Panorama before they expire. So I have seen the expose on Whorlton Hall ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Quality_Commission#Whorlton_Hall ) and the travails of Somerset County Council ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005jpf/panorama-crisis-in-care-part-1-wh ). Neither are easy or fun to watch but necessary viewing for all of us I think, so that we can understand the difficult issues for families, individuals and the state that social care involves.

Take care now, and I hope that you either show no symptoms or just get a mild case.

Thank you. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I am not looking for sympathy. I get enough of those knowing looks in my life already. This forum is a release for me, that is all. I hope that doesn't come over the wrong way, as it is intended to.
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:48 - May 17 with 5610 viewsfactual_blue

Blimey. I respect you even more for your recent volunteering. Glad you have no symptoms.

I caught up with the first episode of the BBC Hospital 'fly on the wall' about dealing with Covid at the Royal Free (one of the world's leading hospitals for the treatment of infectious diseases).

It's by turns astonishing and highly emotional. Anybody who watches it will cry. There's, for a start, Peter the 88 year old pre-war refugee with Covid, Sats below 90, and who some years earlier had done the 'end of life paperwork' specifying he wouldn't want life support and faces his situation with complete equanimity.

All the very best mate.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:49 - May 17 with 5608 viewsKeno

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:45 - May 17 by Pecker

Thank you. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I am not looking for sympathy. I get enough of those knowing looks in my life already. This forum is a release for me, that is all. I hope that doesn't come over the wrong way, as it is intended to.

Pecky you have my sympathy and I sincerely hope you dont have the virus too bad.

I too have a daughter who is a nurse and her working give me both immense pride and a deep worry in equal measure

TWTD has been my release from 'normal life' for a number of years.

As I have said about a few on here, you may be a complete nut case at time, but you are our nutcase son hang in there

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:51 - May 17 with 5576 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hope footers deletes his posts and takes a good look at himself in the mirror Peckers.

All the best to you and your family.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 10:52]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:53 - May 17 with 5582 viewsGuthrum

As stats currently stand, about two-thirds of tests have been repeats, rather than new individuals. Due to the nature of the tests which have heretofore been available, which can only determine if you are carrying the virus at the moment it is taken, it is absolutely necessary to do those repeats, particularly for people who are knowingly exposed to Covid-19 sufferers on a regular basis, or for people who do have it, to check if they are clear. There is no way around that, it is an entirely proper use of resources.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:53 - May 17 with 5594 viewsfooters

Well researched and a nice double down.

Why did you lie for weeks previously about having injured your shoulder, went into detail about the various drugs you were on and then admit it was all a lie?

It's a nice attempt at emotional blackmail, but you've got form and I've got real accounts from people I know who think/know you're full of sh1t.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:54 - May 17 with 5566 viewsfooters

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:51 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

I hope footers deletes his posts and takes a good look at himself in the mirror Peckers.

So gullible. But then again you are a Tory.

Login to get fewer ads

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:59 - May 17 with 5542 viewsPecker

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:49 - May 17 by Keno

Pecky you have my sympathy and I sincerely hope you dont have the virus too bad.

I too have a daughter who is a nurse and her working give me both immense pride and a deep worry in equal measure

As I have said about a few on here, you may be a complete nut case at time, but you are our nutcase son hang in there

Thank you Keno. My Daughter only had 8 shifts left before giving up work to become my other daughters full time carer. Your Daughter has my undying respect for what She does. Take Care.
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:01 - May 17 with 5536 viewsgiant_stow

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:53 - May 17 by footers

Well researched and a nice double down.

Why did you lie for weeks previously about having injured your shoulder, went into detail about the various drugs you were on and then admit it was all a lie?

It's a nice attempt at emotional blackmail, but you've got form and I've got real accounts from people I know who think/know you're full of sh1t.

Shouldn't get involved, but just one thought: neither of you can 'win' this and both will lose the more in continues.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:07 - May 17 with 5496 viewsfooters

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:01 - May 17 by giant_stow

Shouldn't get involved, but just one thought: neither of you can 'win' this and both will lose the more in continues.

Sorry mister, but I think it's pretty important to call someone out for lying about this.

Daily testing is not being carried out at Ipswich hospital. We know this from people working there.

Tests are only done if someone is symptomatic, which Pecker claims he wasn't.

He implies that his test was carried out at the hospital prior to his driving duties. The testing site for Ipswich isn't at the hospital.

He originally said his test was carried out on Friday, not Thursday, and he received the results that day. This is not possible.

This information has been substantiated by a number of people working for Ipswich hospital and can be confirmed by Sprucey, sitters and jimmyvet to name just a few.

But some of y'all just believe tall tales without doing any fact checking of your own.

Pecker has a history of fibbing about medical issues, going so far as to research the exact drugs and carrying on the lie for weeks before admitting it was all rubbish.

But you all want to believe someone you don't know this time. Err...

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:11 - May 17 with 5451 viewsPhilTWTD

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:07 - May 17 by footers

Sorry mister, but I think it's pretty important to call someone out for lying about this.

Daily testing is not being carried out at Ipswich hospital. We know this from people working there.

He implies that his test was carried out at the hospital prior to his driving duties. The testing site for Ipswich isn't at the hospital.

He originally said his test was carried out on Friday, not Thursday, and he received the results that day. This is not possible.

This information has been substantiated by a number of people working for Ipswich hospital and can be confirmed by Sprucey, sitters and jimmyvet to name just a few.

But some of y'all just believe tall tales without doing any fact checking of your own.

Pecker has a history of fibbing about medical issues, going so far as to research the exact drugs and carrying on the lie for weeks before admitting it was all rubbish.

Think it's best the the matter is let lie. Each of you have had your say.
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:18 - May 17 with 5383 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:07 - May 17 by footers

If he is a fantasist (on which I shall remain schtum) then it would be in pretty poor taste...however the world keeps turning so in the scheme of things does it really matter?

Edit...FFS Phil I thought I was on to some uppies there and you go and gazzump me!
[Post edited 17 May 2020 11:21]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:20 - May 17 with 5369 viewsfooters

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:11 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Fair enough, Lord Ham. But I'll stick with real people I know and their accounts from working at Ipswich hospital rather than someone I don't know on the internet called Pecker.

Has anyone on here actually ever met Pecker in real life, btw? I mean he says he goes to every away game so someone's bound to know him. No? Thought not.

Let the people be the judge but the evidence set out is pretty damning and lying about covid-19 would be a totally unacceptable thing to do.

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:22 - May 17 with 5343 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:20 - May 17 by footers

Fair enough, Lord Ham. But I'll stick with real people I know and their accounts from working at Ipswich hospital rather than someone I don't know on the internet called Pecker.

Has anyone on here actually ever met Pecker in real life, btw? I mean he says he goes to every away game so someone's bound to know him. No? Thought not.

Let the people be the judge but the evidence set out is pretty damning and lying about covid-19 would be a totally unacceptable thing to do.

Does anybody really know anybody here? I can count the number of posters that I am sure I know on here on one hand, and I've been going to Town games for 40 years.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:23 - May 17 with 5328 viewsHerbivore

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:20 - May 17 by footers

I'm starting to think Fergal was in Port Elizabeth after all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:26 - May 17 with 5311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:23 - May 17 by Herbivore

I'm starting to think Fergal was in Port Elizabeth after all.

He definitely went to Sunderland on a scooter, so it wouldn't surprise me.
#believe

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:27 - May 17 with 5310 viewsDebsyAngel

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:22 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

Does anybody really know anybody here? I can count the number of posters that I am sure I know on here on one hand, and I've been going to Town games for 40 years.

Only met 3 on here that I definitely know but not anyone else. Would love that to change but not sure when!
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:55 - May 17 with 5211 viewslongtimefan

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:22 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

i’ll have been going 50 years this September and only one on this site I know is real is Phil Ham!
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:02 - May 17 with 5178 viewsfactual_blue

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:55 - May 17 by longtimefan

i’ll have been going 50 years this September and only one on this site I know is real is Phil Ham!

'Phil Ham' was spontaneously created by some dodgy code in the 2003 Update. Or 'the Latest Update' as Gav calls it.

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:03 - May 17 with 5171 viewsfactual_blue

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:49 - May 17 by Keno

Penny never gets released though, does she?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:04 - May 17 with 5166 viewsRocky

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:55 - May 17 by longtimefan

You believe he's real!?
Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:07 - May 17 with 5151 viewsfactual_blue

I know you're not Colin Carter. Simply because you don't have enough children.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 12:08]

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:24 - May 17 with 5089 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 10:51 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

Not a surprise to see you immediately jump on footers here.

I've just read through both threads and it's like watching Tiger King. Fascinating stuff. I really haven't a clue and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 12:36 - May 17 with 5012 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow, that is some Witch hunt. on 11:11 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

^This.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024