Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) 14:33 - May 17 with 2514 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:41 - May 17 with 2091 viewsDarth_Koont

Depends. If it's genuinely funny then the person with the name should see the funny side.

I always liked Cardinal Sin.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:41 - May 17 with 2087 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:49 - May 17 with 2054 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I love a good Stewart Lee thread.
Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:55 - May 17 with 2038 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mustafa Leak
Bunged Itin
Fakir off

Classics.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:38 - May 17 with 1976 viewsuefacup81

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Minge

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:46 - May 17 with 1961 viewsSomethingBlue

In this case — while Lee's approach wasn't for me — it is wrong to accuse him of "antisemitism" as certain Tories have and risks cheapening genuine examples of it. Not a bad time for them to ride on the back of it though, all things considered!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:48 - May 17 with 1942 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, same as with English ones

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:55 - May 17 with 1925 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/mustafa-kamal-was-removed-from-world-cup-

Someone of the same name was a referee in 1974 World Cup.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:56 - May 17 with 1927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:46 - May 17 by SomethingBlue

In this case — while Lee's approach wasn't for me — it is wrong to accuse him of "antisemitism" as certain Tories have and risks cheapening genuine examples of it. Not a bad time for them to ride on the back of it though, all things considered!

Edit. An excellent piece from Stephen Pollard in the JC.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/my-father-changed-his-name-because-of-peop
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:04 - May 17 with 1902 viewsGuthrum

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:41 - May 17 by Darth_Koont

Depends. If it's genuinely funny then the person with the name should see the funny side.

I always liked Cardinal Sin.

Altho if you have been bombarded with the same joke since childhood, it can wear a little thin.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:11 - May 17 with 1879 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:04 - May 17 by Guthrum

Altho if you have been bombarded with the same joke since childhood, it can wear a little thin.

Yes, always good to keep adding new ones and not keep returning to the classics.

Chase Koch?

Edit: Sorry! Misunderstood you first time round. You're not my old acquaintance Richard Head are you?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:14]

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:24 - May 17 with 1825 viewsbadadski

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:11 - May 17 by Darth_Koont

Yes, always good to keep adding new ones and not keep returning to the classics.

Chase Koch?

Edit: Sorry! Misunderstood you first time round. You're not my old acquaintance Richard Head are you?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:14]

Watching new girl for a light bit of entertainment and the name
Vaj Rejuv Got a chuckle from me
Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:33 - May 17 with 1798 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:24 - May 17 by badadski

Watching new girl for a light bit of entertainment and the name
Vaj Rejuv Got a chuckle from me

I think Arrested Development is the best at this. In particular, the episode that focuses on Tobias and his acting (with the washed up and troubled actress, Debris) has so many great names and lines.

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:37 - May 17 with 1788 viewsHerbivore

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:04 - May 17 by Guthrum

Guthers inadvertently reveals that his real name is Ivar Biggun.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:42 - May 17 with 1779 viewsDubtractor

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:37 - May 17 by Herbivore

Guthers inadvertently reveals that his real name is Ivar Biggun.

2 blokes used to work at my office called Rod Sore and Dick Lord.

I chuckled. Every single time.

There was also a Lynn Gash.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:49 - May 17 with 1768 viewsartsbossbeard

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:42 - May 17 by Dubtractor

My American counterpart when working for big corporate was Randy Bender.

I've still got his business card in pride of place in my home office.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:51 - May 17 with 1758 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:49 - May 17 by artsbossbeard

That is genuinely hilarious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 17:09 - May 17 with 1721 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:49 - May 17 by blueblueburleymcgrew

I love a good Stewart Lee thread.

Don't make me Ang Lee.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 17:11 - May 17 with 1716 viewsvapour_trail

I still rue the fact that Quim is no longer the back up goalie in the Portuguese squad each time a major tourno comes around.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 17:25 - May 17 with 1694 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 15:56 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

Edit. An excellent piece from Stephen Pollard in the JC.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/my-father-changed-his-name-because-of-peop
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:12]

FFS.

So you can't see Trevor Phillips's islamophobia, for example, but this is "classic antisemitism"? You've disappeared down the rabbit hole with Pollard and the rest of the loons.

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 17:32 - May 17 with 1673 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:49 - May 17 by artsbossbeard

A while back I was calling some Swiss contacts and the names I was given were Willy Dinner and Massimiliano Fuksas.

Took me about an hour to get myself in the right frame of mind. They were nice people it turns out.

Also a very nice French client called Anita Neau. Naturally, everything was on Anita Neau basis.

When I was a nipper, I worked with..... on 17:33 - May 17 with 1680 viewsBloots

,,,,a scouser (so practically foreign) his name was Mr Kerten.

He called his daughter Annette.

"For a laugh".

True story.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 18:18 - May 17 with 1594 viewsmo_itfc

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 16:42 - May 17 by Dubtractor

I like the canadian olympics lawyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Pound

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 19:57 - May 17 with 1516 viewsPendejo

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 14:55 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

Mustafa Leak
Bunged Itin
Fakir off

Classics.

Biggus Dickus
Sillius Soddus
Naughtius Maximus

Or from an old Neil Innes advert... Mustafa Pint

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is it ok to laugh at funny foreign names? (n/t) on 20:03 - May 17 with 1505 viewsEwan_Oozami

Yuri Vinalav

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024