Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. 10:09 - May 18 with 3699 viewsSitfcB

So, Hurst wasn’t the number one man then?

Would’ve been interesting to see Lampard here I think.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 10:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:13 - May 18 with 2093 viewsitfc_bucks

Harry Redknapp in chatting nonsense shocker.
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:20 - May 18 with 2032 viewsGuthrum

So Derby pinched our manager as well?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:22 - May 18 with 2019 viewsKieran_Knows

Could've had Tomori and Mount on loan, instead we got lumbered with Nolan and Nsiala.

These are the days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:35 - May 18 with 1930 viewsBlueBadger

Would have been interesting to see Honest Harry in the background trying to con Evans out of his money like he has so many other owners.

Depressingly enough, given the willingness he offered our current chancer(a mere amateur compared to Harry) a ridiculous contract he'd have probably been granted carte blanche to bankrupt us and then sod off when it got to tough for his nephew.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:36 - May 18 with 1926 viewsElderGrizzly

So we have to believe the man whose dog has a bank account or Evans. Christ...
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:41 - May 18 with 1910 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Marcus said at the time that Paul Hurst was his first choice...it appears that either Harry is being or Marcus was being less than truthful...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/marcus-evans-insists-paul-hurst-was-first-choice-fo
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:43 - May 18 with 1890 viewshomer_123

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:41 - May 18 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Marcus said at the time that Paul Hurst was his first choice...it appears that either Harry is being or Marcus was being less than truthful...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/marcus-evans-insists-paul-hurst-was-first-choice-fo

Do we really care?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:44 - May 18 with 1915 viewsPhilTWTD

Lampard was on the shortlist, he impressed ME, and the lack of money was an issue, but I'm confident he was never offered the job. The last four, incidentally, were Hurst, Lampard, Graham Potter and Jack Ross.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:46 - May 18 with 1876 viewsElderGrizzly

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:44 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Lampard was on the shortlist, he impressed ME, and the lack of money was an issue, but I'm confident he was never offered the job. The last four, incidentally, were Hurst, Lampard, Graham Potter and Jack Ross.

We missed out on Lambert Graham Potter. Balls... :)
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:46 - May 18 with 1870 viewshaynes_toe1

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:41 - May 18 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I mean it's not a great confidence booster to employ a new manager and then come out with "Didn't really want him, but let's give him a chance 'eh lads"
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:47 - May 18 with 1856 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. by ElderGrizzly 18 May 2020 10:36
So we have to believe the man whose dog has a bank account or Evans. Christ...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:49 - May 18 with 1845 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:44 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Lambert was second choice after Hurst. Let's all think about that.

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:49 - May 18 with 1846 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think I remember you posting this before, but that's a reminder that the odds of getting a dud were at least evens and probably 3:1. ME doesn't help himself does he?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:51 - May 18 with 1832 viewsSitfcB

He was hardly going to say “I’m absolutely delighted to get my 2nd/3rd choice man” was he.

Whoever was appointed would’ve been ‘first choice’.

I reckon the order was...

Lampard
Ross
Hurst

COYB

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:53 - May 18 with 1819 viewsSitfcB

Is that the last four once Lampard had said no though?

Wasn’t Ross then offered it before Hurst?

COYB

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:54 - May 18 with 1811 viewsSitfcB

...and Lambert applied for the job at that time aswell?

COYB

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:55 - May 18 with 1805 viewsElderGrizzly

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:53 - May 18 by SitfcB

Is that the last four once Lampard had said no though?

Wasn’t Ross then offered it before Hurst?

He can't say no if he wasn't offered it?
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:55 - May 18 with 1806 viewsKieran_Knows

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I'm not saying this because Potter has been a success since, but how he didn't get the job over those other 3 is a bit of a joke. He had been doing a very good job out in Sweden for a few years, his name had started to get back to these shores and was a highly thought of coach. Shame really.

F*cking Hurst.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:56 - May 18 with 1798 viewspatrickswell

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:49 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Lambert was second choice after Hurst. Let's all think about that.

I think Phil mistyped Lampard.

Quite possible that having had his fingers burned by Keane, Evans chose to give Lampard a wide berth.
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:01 - May 18 with 1760 viewstractorboy1978

Lets not rewrite history - Hurst had a great track record (not sure how, but he did) at a number of clubs. I think he, Ross and Potter came with their own merits and probably the same question - can they cut it in the Championship? But fresh, up and coming and a point to prove was what most if not all of us wanted.
Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:03 - May 18 with 1753 viewsitfcjoe

Can you blame him?! I doubt he was offered the job but was definitely a front runner.

Even though we had months to sort this out, we ened up boxed into a corner and having to appoint Hurst so late on our plans were up in the air for the coming season

A joke really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:06 - May 18 with 1720 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:01 - May 18 by tractorboy1978

Lets not rewrite history - Hurst had a great track record (not sure how, but he did) at a number of clubs. I think he, Ross and Potter came with their own merits and probably the same question - can they cut it in the Championship? But fresh, up and coming and a point to prove was what most if not all of us wanted.

Part of the problem we had with Hurst was the lack of a strong DoF to say 'actually, I think just 2 or three promising lads from the third division is enough Paul'.

The other part was that he was crap.

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:10 - May 18 with 1702 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:01 - May 18 by tractorboy1978

I remember there were one or two posters from the Shrewsbury area who said we should avoid him. I was very much neutral as knew nothing about him, but we were warned.

I wanted a footballing man and an emotionally intelligent people's person, rather than specifically a younger manager. Had I known at the time that Potter was interested, it would have been a no brainer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:10 - May 18 with 1691 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:54 - May 18 by SitfcB

...and Lambert applied for the job at that time aswell?

As I said below, imagine being second choice to Hurst.

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 11:10 - May 18 with 1692 viewsSitfcB

Frank Lampard didn’t fancy the challenge here then. on 10:55 - May 18 by ElderGrizzly

He can't say no if he wasn't offered it?

What reason would Harry have to make up that little nugget of information?

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024