Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... 11:43 - May 18 with 1488 viewsBloots

….if Skuse (and to that point Chambo) is actually doing his coaching badges?

It's inevitable that there will be talk of them moving into coaching, but is it actually something either of them are interested in?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:45 - May 18 with 1448 viewsFixed_It

They have both stated a desire to go into coaching. That is common knowledge.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:48 - May 18 with 1434 viewsPJH

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:45 - May 18 by Fixed_It

They have both stated a desire to go into coaching. That is common knowledge.

and possibly in partnership with Chambo being the top man.
Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:50 - May 18 with 1426 viewsSitfcB

You should read the news stories innit.

“I’m doing my badges and some work with Woodbridge Town at the minute” - C. Skuse. (A few months ago)

[EDIT: Or at least wait for the news story ]
[Post edited 18 May 2020 11:51]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:52 - May 18 with 1417 viewsPhilTWTD

Yes, both of them:

Skuse: Talks On Future Under Way 13th Feb 2020 17:38
Cole Skuse has revealed that talks about his future in football are already under way with the Town hierarchy and could lead to him continuing as a player and then taking up a new, as-yet unspecified role at Portman Road. 52

Skipper Working on Coaching Badges 3rd Jun 2016 13:29
Town skipper Luke Chambers is spending this week in Northern Ireland looking to add to his coaching badges. 12

Indeed, just seen it. (n/t) on 11:52 - May 18 with 1397 viewsBloots

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:50 - May 18 by SitfcB

You should read the news stories innit.

“I’m doing my badges and some work with Woodbridge Town at the minute” - C. Skuse. (A few months ago)

[EDIT: Or at least wait for the news story ]
[Post edited 18 May 2020 11:51]

Good...... on 11:53 - May 18 with 1391 viewsBloots

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:52 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Yes, both of them:

Skuse: Talks On Future Under Way 13th Feb 2020 17:38
Cole Skuse has revealed that talks about his future in football are already under way with the Town hierarchy and could lead to him continuing as a player and then taking up a new, as-yet unspecified role at Portman Road. 52

Skipper Working on Coaching Badges 3rd Jun 2016 13:29
Town skipper Luke Chambers is spending this week in Northern Ireland looking to add to his coaching badges. 12

…..makes the inevitable a little easier.

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:56 - May 18 with 1364 viewsChutney

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:48 - May 18 by PJH

I've always been adverse to players going into managerial roles at the clubs they've played for. I often thing a fresh start and fresh ideas is the way forward, and I think it's a very tough transition at the same club, albeit one that's made slightly easier if the player has been captain. To go from being peers and equals, to a direct reporting line is a tough one. Having said that, Chambers already commands a lot of respect at the club, and I think he has all the attributes to be an excellent manager. He's bright, can lead, and wouldn't expect of anyone what he wouldn't be willing to do himself. I would be all for him replacing Lambert in all honesty.
Speaking of inevitable. on 13:17 - May 18 with 1281 viewsBlueBadger

Good...... on 11:53 - May 18 by Bloots

…..makes the inevitable a little easier.

Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Speaking of inevitable. on 13:46 - May 18 with 1243 viewsfactual_blue

Speaking of inevitable. on 13:17 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Lambert out.

One of my Junior School teachers was Mr Lambert. He had a moustache.

But I don't think he played in the Champions League Final, particularly because it didn't exist in 1965.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 14:30 - May 18 with 1191 viewsLeaky

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:56 - May 18 by Chutney

I've always been adverse to players going into managerial roles at the clubs they've played for. I often thing a fresh start and fresh ideas is the way forward, and I think it's a very tough transition at the same club, albeit one that's made slightly easier if the player has been captain. To go from being peers and equals, to a direct reporting line is a tough one. Having said that, Chambers already commands a lot of respect at the club, and I think he has all the attributes to be an excellent manager. He's bright, can lead, and wouldn't expect of anyone what he wouldn't be willing to do himself. I would be all for him replacing Lambert in all honesty.

Strange seemed to work for a certain G Burley
Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 14:32 - May 18 with 1184 viewsChutney

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 14:30 - May 18 by Leaky

Strange seemed to work for a certain G Burley

When was that? Burley left for 10 years before coming back as manager. None of the squad he left behind as a player were still here so it's a very different dynamic. Magilton is a more appropriate comparison, and he's spoken himself about the difficulties that brings going from team mate to manager overnight.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:34]
Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 18:33 - May 18 with 1085 viewsJoHnNnY

Phillip do you, or anyone else, know.... on 11:48 - May 18 by PJH

Yes. People need to STOP associating loyalty with ability!

Of course they love the club and bleed blue - they have been around PR too long on good money, no interest from anywhere else.

If anyone on here loves this club as much as they bang on about we need to see that ONLY after Chambo and Skuse go away to lower leagues and prove they can manage a club and be successful on a shoestring will I even consider them being “good enough” to manage here.

To hear the possibility mentioned with our managerial history (last few years exempt) makes me shudder.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024