Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big day today 13:04 - May 18 with 1727 viewsSpruceMoose

The US will most likely pass 90,000 COVID-19 deaths.

World leaders indeed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Big day today on 13:48 - May 18 with 1677 viewsBlueBadger

You haven't even got the consolation of The Football Being Better over there either. 'Football' over there is a four+ hour snoozefest of adverts occasionally broken up by some big blokes cosplaying as Warhammer space marines running into each other.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Big day today on 13:55 - May 18 with 1649 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 13:48 - May 18 by BlueBadger

You haven't even got the consolation of The Football Being Better over there either. 'Football' over there is a four+ hour snoozefest of adverts occasionally broken up by some big blokes cosplaying as Warhammer space marines running into each other.

The off season is far more exciting though. Young players with loads of money and steroids run amok. At least half of the players seem to get arrested every off season for such clever crimes as wielding handguns in nightclubs, shooting themselves in the buttocks, murder and dog fighting.

Not even League One can offer that level of drama.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Big day today on 14:01 - May 18 with 1643 viewsLibero

Big day today on 13:55 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

The off season is far more exciting though. Young players with loads of money and steroids run amok. At least half of the players seem to get arrested every off season for such clever crimes as wielding handguns in nightclubs, shooting themselves in the buttocks, murder and dog fighting.

I wonder if Michael Chopra ever considered a career as an NFL player...
Big day today on 16:12 - May 18 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

Big day today on 14:01 - May 18 by Libero

I wonder if Michael Chopra ever considered a career as an NFL player...

Only if he could do whatever the NFL equivalent of hiding behind Aaron Cresswell is...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Big day today on 09:57 - May 19 with 1395 viewsbritbiker

Big day today on 13:55 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

Love my NFL but it amazes me just how many players get arrested each off season. Kyle Walkers sex parties in lockdown pale in comparison to the two NFL players alleged gun toting party robbery then fleeing in Lamborghini's.
Big day today on 10:07 - May 19 with 1385 viewsLibero

Big day today on 09:57 - May 19 by britbiker

Love my NFL but it amazes me just how many players get arrested each off season. Kyle Walkers sex parties in lockdown pale in comparison to the two NFL players alleged gun toting party robbery then fleeing in Lamborghini's.

Land of the free, innit.
Big day today on 14:43 - May 19 with 1325 viewsElephantintheRoom

In their defence it is rather a big country.... over six times the UK in population terms - with virtually no interest in welfare - and a distinctly cavalier approach to healthcare for the great unwashed.

If you factor in where we are now - 62,000 excess deaths - the 'US equivalent' for want of a better phrase would be circa 375,000 deaths.

In other words they are coping pretty well compared to the UK - not far off a Germany level of coping.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Big day today on 14:47 - May 19 with 1317 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 14:43 - May 19 by ElephantintheRoom

In their defence it is rather a big country.... over six times the UK in population terms - with virtually no interest in welfare - and a distinctly cavalier approach to healthcare for the great unwashed.

If you factor in where we are now - 62,000 excess deaths - the 'US equivalent' for want of a better phrase would be circa 375,000 deaths.

In other words they are coping pretty well compared to the UK - not far off a Germany level of coping.

What are the population densities of both countries? You're cherry picking to suit your agenda. Again.

UK - roughly 726 people per square mile.
US - roughly 93 people per square mile

Your assertion that the US is coping well is absurd, offensive and entirely expected.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 14:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Big day today on 15:11 - May 19 with 1287 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It has a population of 330M
Big day today on 15:19 - May 19 with 1274 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Big day today on 13:48 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Why are you so obsessed with saying how bad the NFL is on every post about America? It’s ironic as it’s popularity grows exponentially in the UK year on year, you must really hate that.
Big day today on 15:20 - May 19 with 1270 viewsLibero

Big day today on 15:19 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why are you so obsessed with saying how bad the NFL is on every post about America? It’s ironic as it’s popularity grows exponentially in the UK year on year, you must really hate that.

...it is a sh1t stop start game though, isn't it?
Big day today on 15:20 - May 19 with 1267 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Big day today on 14:47 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

What are the population densities of both countries? You're cherry picking to suit your agenda. Again.

UK - roughly 726 people per square mile.
US - roughly 93 people per square mile

Your assertion that the US is coping well is absurd, offensive and entirely expected.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 14:53]

Still better than then UK though who have welcomed 18M through its borders from Jan - Apr with no restrictions.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:21]
Big day today on 15:23 - May 19 with 1260 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 15:19 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I mean, it's mainly an excuse for mindless adverts, high levels of junk food consumption and socially acceptable racism.

So it's not surprising that the UK public are loving it.

Big day today on 15:25 - May 19 with 1253 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Big day today on 15:20 - May 19 by Libero

...it is a sh1t stop start game though, isn't it?

Not in my opinion, I’ve always loved it but if you don’t then the simple solution is to not watch or talk about it really. Same as I do with sport I don’t like. Weird that a few of you keep bringing it up if you despise it so much. Either way it will be part of the UK sporting calendar for a long time so I’m sorry you have to deal with other people enjoying it.
Big day today on 15:25 - May 19 with 1253 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 15:20 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Still better than then UK though who have welcomed 18M through its borders from Jan - Apr with no restrictions.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:21]

LOL. You think the borders are closed here? I guess Trump's invisible wall must be doing its job.

Big day today on 15:26 - May 19 with 1245 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 15:25 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not in my opinion, I’ve always loved it but if you don’t then the simple solution is to not watch or talk about it really. Same as I do with sport I don’t like. Weird that a few of you keep bringing it up if you despise it so much. Either way it will be part of the UK sporting calendar for a long time so I’m sorry you have to deal with other people enjoying it.

Not when it gets turned into flag football because of the mass dementia suffered by ex players it won't...

Big day today on 15:26 - May 19 with 1244 viewsLibero

Big day today on 15:25 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You sound a bit sensitive about it, sorry didn't mean to hit a nerve, was just being silly.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:35]
Big day today on 15:30 - May 19 with 1230 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Big day today on 15:25 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

LOL. You think the borders are closed here? I guess Trump's invisible wall must be doing its job.

You’re pretty clueless recently aren’t you?

China was end of Jan and Since March 11th no one from Europe has been able to fly here without a US passport or green card, Canadian border also restricted etc. You can’t shut the borders to citizens or residents but it doesn’t hurt to try to the rest of the world to stop the spread. Whereas anyone could turn up at LHR with whatever passport they want. That’s the facts.

I personally think it’s been bad in both counties but the UK was even worse to react.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:31]
Big day today on 15:46 - May 19 with 1204 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 15:30 - May 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You’re pretty clueless recently aren’t you?

China was end of Jan and Since March 11th no one from Europe has been able to fly here without a US passport or green card, Canadian border also restricted etc. You can’t shut the borders to citizens or residents but it doesn’t hurt to try to the rest of the world to stop the spread. Whereas anyone could turn up at LHR with whatever passport they want. That’s the facts.

I personally think it’s been bad in both counties but the UK was even worse to react.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:31]

I'm clueless? Wind your neck in Don Jr. That's a bit rich coming from someone with your posting history.

I'm sure the Air India flight that landed at JFK half an hour ago was empty of potential virus carriers, as is the Swiss Air flight from Zurich currently en route, as is AA flight 9709 from London. No US citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (to give us our correct name) on those flights potentially carrying the virus. That's not even including the countless private planes that are landing from anywhere and everywhere.

'Shutting the border' was a ridiculous, impossible thing to do, and represents yet another Trump PR scam solely designed to be swallowed up by the hard of thinking. He did this to distract from the colossal feck up they were making of controlling the virus that was already in the country.

Closing the border is window dressing designed to look like the US are doing something, when in reality the US has failed to get to grips with this, and continues to do so.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:58]

Big day today on 16:04 - May 19 with 1166 viewsLibero

Big day today on 15:46 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

I'm clueless? Wind your neck in Don Jr. That's a bit rich coming from someone with your posting history.

I'm sure the Air India flight that landed at JFK half an hour ago was empty of potential virus carriers, as is the Swiss Air flight from Zurich currently en route, as is AA flight 9709 from London. No US citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (to give us our correct name) on those flights potentially carrying the virus. That's not even including the countless private planes that are landing from anywhere and everywhere.

'Shutting the border' was a ridiculous, impossible thing to do, and represents yet another Trump PR scam solely designed to be swallowed up by the hard of thinking. He did this to distract from the colossal feck up they were making of controlling the virus that was already in the country.

Closing the border is window dressing designed to look like the US are doing something, when in reality the US has failed to get to grips with this, and continues to do so.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 15:58]

Doesn't JJJ work in the airline business?
Big day today on 16:06 - May 19 with 1167 viewsSpruceMoose

Big day today on 16:04 - May 19 by Libero

Doesn't JJJ work in the airline business?

I could be wrong but I thought he'd mentioned being in Pharma before.

If he does work in the airline game then being so clueless is even more bizarre.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024