Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Clough and his management team step down 15:37 - May 18 with 2758 viewsitfcjoe

Their captain appointed player/manager

Money saving due to this.

Will we get so lucky?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:38 - May 18 with 2731 viewsKieran_Knows

Knowing our luck we would then appoint Clough, or Grayson, or someone of similar ilk.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:38 - May 18 with 2728 viewsDubtractor

I think Clough would have been a decent choice post Hurst, and also now.

The job he has done on a tiny budget at Burton is remarkable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:38 - May 18 with 2721 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:41 - May 18 with 2697 viewsHerbivore

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:38 - May 18 by Kieran_Knows

Knowing our luck we would then appoint Clough, or Grayson, or someone of similar ilk.

Harsh lumping Clough in with Grayson. Clough gets his sides playing good football and he's done well at Burton on no budget. Grayson has already, despite being a few years younger, become a dull, bog standard merry-go-round manager. Not saying I'd want Clough here either but it's not a fair comparison imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:51 - May 18 with 2606 viewsKieran_Knows

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:41 - May 18 by Herbivore

Harsh lumping Clough in with Grayson. Clough gets his sides playing good football and he's done well at Burton on no budget. Grayson has already, despite being a few years younger, become a dull, bog standard merry-go-round manager. Not saying I'd want Clough here either but it's not a fair comparison imo.

Yer that was a bit harsh in fairness.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:52 - May 18 with 2332 viewsRicard0

I'd love Clough here. He was my first choice post-Mick.
Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:54 - May 18 with 2318 viewstextbackup

id take clough here. be a really good fit. he'd like the history, would liken it to forest with his old man.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:57 - May 18 with 2313 viewsPhilTWTD

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:41 - May 18 by Herbivore

Bit harsh on Grayson that as well! I'd certainly back him to get a team out of this division, especially one on our sort of budget.
Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:58 - May 18 with 2311 viewshype313

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:52 - May 18 by Ricard0

I'd love Clough here. He was my first choice post-Mick.

Clough has had a number of offers over the years but I believe he likes being based in the East Midlands and isn't keen uprooting his family etc.

So no doubt he will be wandering around Woodbridge with a Haart rep whilst his wife interviews at Ipswich Hospital.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 18:00 - May 18 with 2292 viewsgainsboroughblue

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:58 - May 18 by hype313

Clough has had a number of offers over the years but I believe he likes being based in the East Midlands and isn't keen uprooting his family etc.

So no doubt he will be wandering around Woodbridge with a Haart rep whilst his wife interviews at Ipswich Hospital.

His management moves since retirement from playing certainly hint at that.

Burton (twice), Derby, Sheff Utd. Probably 30 miles at most separate the three.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 18:12 - May 18 with 2254 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 15:51 - May 18 by Kieran_Knows

Yer that was a bit harsh in fairness.

Personally think you were being too generous. He's been positively Jewellesque in his last few gigs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 19:27 - May 18 with 2137 viewsHerbivore

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:57 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Bit harsh on Grayson that as well! I'd certainly back him to get a team out of this division, especially one on our sort of budget.

He flopped at Blackpool. Seems to have stagnated or regressed since doing okay early on as a manager. He's been at six different clubs in the last eight years and not done all that much with them. I'd give him a wide berth personally.

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 19:28 - May 18 with 2127 viewsHerbivore

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 18:12 - May 18 by Swansea_Blue

Personally think you were being too generous. He's been positively Jewellesque in his last few gigs.

Clough?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 20:04 - May 18 with 2041 viewsLibero

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:57 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Grayson’s a fraud, can’t believe more people haven’t seen through him.
Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 20:16 - May 18 with 2008 viewstextbackup

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 20:04 - May 18 by Libero

Grayson’s a fraud, can’t believe more people haven’t seen through him.

seemed a right boring dull pr1ck on that sunderland program too. no personality at all

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 23:13 - May 18 with 1732 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm led to believe Evans is actually quite keen on Mowbray who they have approached several times before

He'd be an interesting one

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 08:53 - May 19 with 1572 viewsHerbivore

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 23:13 - May 18 by bournemouthblue

I'm led to believe Evans is actually quite keen on Mowbray who they have approached several times before

He'd be an interesting one

No chance. He's at a top half Championship club, why would he join a midtable League 1 side?

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 09:04 - May 19 with 1562 viewsitfcjoe

Nigel Clough and his management team step down on 17:58 - May 18 by hype313

I don't think that's necessarily the case - he did a NTT20 podcast last year and basically said he'd been looking at other jobs

Not sure if he specifically named them, but it was very obvious he was talking about the Sunderland job when Parky got it and he didn't even get an interview which he was surprised at

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024