Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your best lockdown achievements so far. 08:30 - May 19 with 3229 viewsDubtractor

I'm going to be setting the bar low here...

I've only gained a couple of pounds in weight.

I fixed the dishwasher power switch with a small piece of wood.

Made a genuinely attractive herb box for the kitchen out of left over ply.

Hardly touched the numerous odd DIY jobs around the house that have needed doing for about 3 years. Seemingly it wasnt lack of time stopping me from doing them....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:37 - May 19 with 2052 viewsStokieBlue

I've done less than I had hoped. I've been working but wanted to get a few things done like some Duolingo and maybe some online lectures but I haven't managed to. I've been out on the bike quite a few times but that's even started to lag this week.

I've done a lot of cooking and feel I've improved so that's my main achievement. That, and not going insane.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:38 - May 19 with 2043 viewsbluelagos

Killed a load of dandelions on the lawn, then dug them out left my lawn resembling a pot marked acne riddled face. Then got some turf and sort of tore shapes to match and put them in the holes, I even trod on the turf to make it evenish. So now we have had some rain, I now have dead grass clumps rather than bare soil in amongst the green grass.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:40 - May 19 with 2036 viewsDubtractor

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:37 - May 19 by StokieBlue

I've done less than I had hoped. I've been working but wanted to get a few things done like some Duolingo and maybe some online lectures but I haven't managed to. I've been out on the bike quite a few times but that's even started to lag this week.

I've done a lot of cooking and feel I've improved so that's my main achievement. That, and not going insane.

SB

In fairness I have been very busy with work at home, prob busier than if I was in the office, but still have lots more free time!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:42 - May 19 with 2028 viewsLibero

Yes, also quite glad I haven't put any weight on, especially considering I've not done a bit of exercise over going for the odd walk.

I've been drawing in my spare time which is something I really enjoy doing but for some reason don't do often.

I hacked back the garden a few weeks ago which was rather satisfying as it had gone without any attention for 6/7 months.

I'm keeping in regular contact with friends, it's a trite thing to say but I do believe that I've spoken more with friends and family through this all than I would have done if there were no restrictions.

However, without a doubt my greatest achievement is how well the wife and I are getting on. I was expecting regular rows due to having to live in one another's pocket what with her still on maternity and me working from home 3 days a week, I couldn't have been further from the truth, she's a bloody delight to be around.
I suspect he real test though will be next week when she goes back to work and we're both juggling working from home with looking after our son...
Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:45 - May 19 with 2008 viewshomer_123

Stopped the kids from throttling each other.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:49 - May 19 with 1989 viewshype313

Found out you can get pineapple jaffa cakes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:50 - May 19 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

Got a sourdough starter going again and now making my own banging bread every week.

Drafted an academic paper.

Finished a big chunk of data analysis.

Not gone totally insane yet.

Cut back about half a metric ton of ivy in the garden.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:52 - May 19 with 1968 viewsGlasgowBlue

Redecorated the entire house including stripping the banister back to the original wood and stained it.

Put in a home gym

Sorted the garage out which was full of old office furniture and junk and got it back to being a games room.

None of the above would have happened without lockdown.

Put on a stone in the first three weeks of lockdown as I was eating and drinking as if I was in holiday. Managed to shift most of that by calming down and upping my excersise routine.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:52 - May 19 with 1975 viewsartsbossbeard

I've painted 5 rooms. 5!!!

Don't tell Mrs Beard, who has praised my painting skills but in painting the kitchen the same colour as previous, I can now see where I've missed a few bits and I'm not getting the paint brushes out again.

I've also cooked a fair bit from scratch, which is nice.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:54 - May 19 with 1969 viewsDubtractor

Couple of garden mentions.

If I'm being less silly about it, my garden looks pretty impressive at the mo. I genuinely love gardening, so being stuck at home in prime gardening season is a small bonus.

As well as the stacks of fruit and veg on the go, I've grown loads of flowers from seed for the beds as I wasn't going to be able to buy plants.

[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:55]

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:54 - May 19 with 1964 viewsartsbossbeard

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:49 - May 19 by hype313

Found out you can get pineapple jaffa cakes.

So did we.

Never again though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:56 - May 19 with 1951 viewsSwailsey

I've somehow continued to lose weight and ran my first 10k.

I haven't gone completely mental.

I have played a lot of Hitman.

I have seen several happy cats cantering around as if they own the streets.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:59]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:59 - May 19 with 1941 viewsBlueinBrum

All about food here...

I really enjoy cooking but so rarely previously felt I had the time/energy to get stuck into things that take a bit longer, with long working days and packed weekends gallivanting. With that all out the window I have been cooking almost every day, I think my best achievements so far are:
Making my first proper Sunday roasts With all the trimmings - Pork belly and Roast beef & Yorkshire puddings so far
Making my first lasagne from scratch
Learning how to bbq things properly beyond just chucking burgers on there; including slow smoking a chicken with hickory wood chips

I’m reluctant to say this but I actually think lockdown has been generally quite good for my mental wellbeing... a much needed chance to just pause the relentless hamster wheel of life for a bit. This may be because I don’t have kids....
Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:59 - May 19 with 1936 viewsMullet

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:54 - May 19 by Dubtractor

Couple of garden mentions.

If I'm being less silly about it, my garden looks pretty impressive at the mo. I genuinely love gardening, so being stuck at home in prime gardening season is a small bonus.

As well as the stacks of fruit and veg on the go, I've grown loads of flowers from seed for the beds as I wasn't going to be able to buy plants.

[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:55]

My garden is getting there now although the cats and pigeons are ravaging it in different ways. Hoping the rumours that there are multiple buzzards setting up down the road keeps them away for good (maybe not the cats could do with an eagle or two there)

Ordered a greenhouse which took a month to get here and when I began to get into it on Tuesday, it isn't what I thought it was thanks to their descriptions. Company are "inundated" but haven't responded since Thursday which makes me think I'm stuck with a greenhouse I can't use.

I've been working loads but have managed to get in 10, 000 kettlebell swings and that was pretty gruelling in a month. Generally though I feel like I'm achieving very little.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 09:03 - May 19 with 1918 viewshype313

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:54 - May 19 by artsbossbeard

So did we.

Never again though.

Yep, wrong on so many levels.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 09:41 - May 19 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hung up some pictures the missus has been wanting up since we moved in, 6 years ago this August.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 09:44 - May 19 with 1861 viewsStokieBlue

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:59 - May 19 by BlueinBrum

All about food here...

I really enjoy cooking but so rarely previously felt I had the time/energy to get stuck into things that take a bit longer, with long working days and packed weekends gallivanting. With that all out the window I have been cooking almost every day, I think my best achievements so far are:
Making my first proper Sunday roasts With all the trimmings - Pork belly and Roast beef & Yorkshire puddings so far
Making my first lasagne from scratch
Learning how to bbq things properly beyond just chucking burgers on there; including slow smoking a chicken with hickory wood chips

I’m reluctant to say this but I actually think lockdown has been generally quite good for my mental wellbeing... a much needed chance to just pause the relentless hamster wheel of life for a bit. This may be because I don’t have kids....

That's excellent, hopefully you'll keep it up after the lockdown has finished.

I love cooking, I find it nice and relaxing and it's fun to make something nice for people to enjoy.

SB

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:06 - May 19 with 1824 viewsGeoffSentence

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 08:38 - May 19 by bluelagos

Killed a load of dandelions on the lawn, then dug them out left my lawn resembling a pot marked acne riddled face. Then got some turf and sort of tore shapes to match and put them in the holes, I even trod on the turf to make it evenish. So now we have had some rain, I now have dead grass clumps rather than bare soil in amongst the green grass.

Had some rain? When? Where?

Here in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle it has been a long time since were blessed with a downpour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:07 - May 19 with 1826 viewsKeno

Kept 5 people in full employment with no one furloughed (which after what happened as the end of Feb is no mean feat)

Kept my sanity**

Got into playing Polytopia

Started posted on TWTD

** in view of the last one this my not apply

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:10 - May 19 with 1816 viewsDubtractor

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 09:44 - May 19 by StokieBlue

That's excellent, hopefully you'll keep it up after the lockdown has finished.

I love cooking, I find it nice and relaxing and it's fun to make something nice for people to enjoy.

SB

My new year resolution this year was to cook more proper food.

I'm a decent, if unremarkable, cook but had got into really bad habit of just cooking stuff that needs heating, and no real prep. Eg sausages, pies, rather than stuff requiring a little creativity.

So the lockdown has seen a continuation of eating better food for me. The thing is, mostly it doesn't take much time, but it tastes so much better.

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:11 - May 19 with 1810 viewsStokieBlue

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:07 - May 19 by Keno

Kept 5 people in full employment with no one furloughed (which after what happened as the end of Feb is no mean feat)

Kept my sanity**

Got into playing Polytopia

Started posted on TWTD

** in view of the last one this my not apply

How are you doing on Polytopia?

Broke the magic 100,000 points yet?

SB

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:12 - May 19 with 1799 viewsKeno

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:11 - May 19 by StokieBlue

How are you doing on Polytopia?

Broke the magic 100,000 points yet?

SB

I prefer Domination to the 30 turn game

and no I haven't yet, I can do the hard level some of the time but have never got into Crazy

I like playing as Luxidor but I'm not sure if that the best tribe

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:50 - May 19 with 1743 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Surprisingly quite a few:

- built a wooden playhouse in the garden for the boy
- got the fittest I’ve been for a while. Have always been relatively fit and was hitting the gym 5 times a week, but in the absence of the gym I’ve been doing a lot more running whilst still using some weights and bodyweight stuff at home - with better results
- finally completed RDR2 to 100%
- being able to give the dogs a proper full walk every day - not just round the block as inevitably ended up happening some evenings
- also spent a lot more time with the boy thanks to the flexibility of working from home
- not killed the wife (or more accurately been killed by her...)

All in all I think I’m one of the fortunate ones that has been able to embrace and enjoy the current restrictions, even if there are some things I miss and can’t wait to do again once things return to normal!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:53 - May 19 with 1742 viewsEdwardStone

I have focussed most of my lockdown efforts on cultivating a Melchett style moustache....continuously twirling the ends like a villain in a bad Victorian melodrama

On a good day I wax the ends and make them into a curl

On reflection, maybe I should have spent a little more time learning piano, repairing bits of decrepit machinery that litter my gaffe or even just doing some housework....instead of looking like a hipster tw4t
Your best lockdown achievements so far. on 10:58 - May 19 with 1730 viewsKieran_Knows

Managed to win 4 Champions League with PSV during a 10 year save (which is still on going) on FM.

Cleared the shed out so I can actually see the floor of it now.

Convinced the missus to start looking for a new house once all this blows over.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024