Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) 13:15 - May 19 with 2499 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:26 - May 19 with 1656 viewsSpruceMoose

Hard to disagree.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:28 - May 19 with 1654 viewsDubtractor

Thanks for starting a new thread to repeat what we've all said in the other one bro.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:33 - May 19 with 1630 viewsIllinoisblue

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:28 - May 19 by Dubtractor

Thanks for starting a new thread to repeat what we've all said in the other one bro.

Classic May sixth post; day late and a dollar short

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:37 - May 19 with 1613 viewsSpruceMoose

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:33 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

Classic May sixth post; day late and a dollar short

Day late, a dollar short and an attempt to claim he'd already paid you last month.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 19 with 1568 viewsBrixtonBlue

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:26 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

Hard to disagree.

It's very simple to disagree. If there were no CV-19 and the season ran it's course, we'd have a chance of promotion. Therefore, why should we not have a chance in a post-Covid scenario? Why should we be punished for a global pandemic?

I can't see how anyone could disagree with this.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:06 - May 19 with 1543 viewsJakeITFC

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 19 by BrixtonBlue

It's very simple to disagree. If there were no CV-19 and the season ran it's course, we'd have a chance of promotion. Therefore, why should we not have a chance in a post-Covid scenario? Why should we be punished for a global pandemic?

Given our chance of promotion is likely <1%, why shouldn't every team with a mathematical chance of going up get a go in these play-offs?

And if the response to this is that we have to draw the line somewhere, it seems weird to draw the line below us.
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:10 - May 19 with 1533 viewsportmanking

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:06 - May 19 by JakeITFC

Given our chance of promotion is likely <1%, why shouldn't every team with a mathematical chance of going up get a go in these play-offs?

And if the response to this is that we have to draw the line somewhere, it seems weird to draw the line below us.

You could understand the line being drawn there if it was a case of the teams below not having the financial wherewithal to stage games behind closed doors and pay for CV testing etc.
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:13 - May 19 with 1527 viewsJakeITFC

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:10 - May 19 by portmanking

You could understand the line being drawn there if it was a case of the teams below not having the financial wherewithal to stage games behind closed doors and pay for CV testing etc.

Yes, but that isn't one of sporting integrity.
Login to get fewer ads

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:14 - May 19 with 1520 viewsportmanking

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:13 - May 19 by JakeITFC

Yes, but that isn't one of sporting integrity.

Since when has football had integrity? That went in 1992.
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:18 - May 19 with 1504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:06 - May 19 by JakeITFC

Indeed, it’s almost like the line would be being drawn below us (and indeed somewhat bent to do so) because we are one of the biggest clubs in the division

But hooray for big business and money, I guess

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:22 - May 19 with 1485 viewsHerbivore

In other news, water is wet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:22 - May 19 with 1486 viewsSpruceMoose

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 19 by BrixtonBlue

Why not allow 11th and 12th place to get involved then?

We aren't being punished for a global pandemic. We are being punished because we have a crap manager and a team of players who didn't play well enough.

It's not hard to see how people could disagree with your stance surely? It's not personal, and it doesn't make you wrong, but other points of view are available.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 14:23]

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:25 - May 19 with 1469 viewsPJH

Certainly if we are included in any playoffs Gillingham and Burton should be too because they both have the similar (minimal) chance of making the top six as we have "in real life".
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:31 - May 19 with 1442 viewsportmanking

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:25 - May 19 by PJH

Certainly if we are included in any playoffs Gillingham and Burton should be too because they both have the similar (minimal) chance of making the top six as we have "in real life".

I don't think it's a case of choosing not to include Gillingham and Burton. It's probably more a case of them not being able to afford inclusion.
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:34 - May 19 with 1427 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:31 - May 19 by portmanking

I don't think it's a case of choosing not to include Gillingham and Burton. It's probably more a case of them not being able to afford inclusion.

Burton and Gillingham can’t yet Wycombe and Fleetwood can?
[Post edited 19 May 2020 14:35]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:37 - May 19 with 1415 viewsPJH

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:31 - May 19 by portmanking

You could well be right but this particular thread is about whether we actually deserve to be in any extended playoff's and I was agreeing with a point that said if we did then so did those two teams.

If the season had run it's natural course or even now gets finished behind closed doors the chances of us finishing in the top six were very very very slim-just as Gillingham's and Burton's chances were.

To sum up further,we do not deserve to be in any extended playoffs.
We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 14:59 - May 19 with 1380 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone email Dollers, Paul Lambert has hijacked his TWTD account.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 15:06 - May 19 with 1362 viewsBlueBadger

Any promotion we gained from this would be even more undeserved than Watford in 1998.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 15:34 - May 19 with 1315 viewsSwansea_Blue

Theoretically true, but it would have been very highly unlikely based on our form of the second half of the season up til when we stopped:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:18/type

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 15:55 - May 19 with 1288 viewsHerbivore

Our chance of promotion would have been tiny, certainly not enough to warrant us being given a shot at going up through an extended play off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:00 - May 19 with 1272 viewsJ2BLUE

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 15:55 - May 19 by Herbivore

Our chance of promotion would have been tiny, certainly not enough to warrant us being given a shot at going up through an extended play off.

There's nothing to stop them making 10th play 9th, winner players 8, winner plays 7th, winner plays 6th and then hold the play offs as normal with 3rd, 4th, 5th and whichever team remains.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:01 - May 19 with 1266 viewsSpruceMoose

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:00 - May 19 by J2BLUE

There's nothing to stop them making 10th play 9th, winner players 8, winner plays 7th, winner plays 6th and then hold the play offs as normal with 3rd, 4th, 5th and whichever team remains.

Might as well make 16th play 17th while they're at it.

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:10 - May 19 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:01 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

Might as well make 16th play 17th while they're at it.

Quite. And then you've got the bottom of the table to worry about with 4 teams within 5 points of the 3rd relegation spot (which is closer than we are to the POs).

They can either play football, in which case everyone can finish the season. Or they can't.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:20 - May 19 with 1233 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm not really saying where the line should be drawn, just in principle it has merit.

Don't know where you get your <1% chance from but I suspect you've just made that up. We had a relatively easy run-in and our better players coming back.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We don't deserve to be in any extended play-offs (n/t) on 16:21 - May 19 with 1228 viewsSomethingBlue

I very much doubt it'll happen but if it does we should all embrace it. League One is not somewhere to be stuck, now more than ever, and I'll take the most infinitesimal chance of getting out of it ahead of no chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024