Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Useless is another terrible minister 17:39 - May 19 with 3677 viewsBLUEGOLD

We don’t accept that we took an approach that was wrong regarding care homes.

It’s all great apart from the highest number of deaths in Europe

[Post edited 19 May 2020 17:41]
George Useless is another terrible minister on 19:12 - May 19 with 771 viewsgiant_stow

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:51 - May 19 by mrshallisfit

Oh well. That must be right then. I'm a teacher and my workload has changed but it doesn't much less intense then if I was in school. I agree there are some schools out that have been culpable but lots have been excellent.

Out of interest, what does everyone consider to be the base level if teacher suppprt a child be expected to receive rigjt now? Zoom calls? Regularly interaction of other sorts? Setting work tasks? Giving feedback and marking those tasks?

Ive no idea whats reasonable as everyone's experience seens so different...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

George Useless is another terrible minister on 19:24 - May 19 with 758 viewsEwan_Oozami

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:24 - May 19 by factual_blue

Jonathan Van-Tam is my favourite. I think he could kill a man with his bare hands.

And enjoy it.

I think his uncle possibly did as well...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

George Useless is another terrible minister on 19:48 - May 19 with 736 viewstractordownsouth

He's just one of the low ranking cabinet ministers used as a sacrificial lamb for the media - all governments have them.

Nice to see the George Useless nickname being used nationally rather than just down here for a change though

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

George Useless is another terrible minister on 19:50 - May 19 with 736 viewstractordownsouth

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:11 - May 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most teachers at my sons school haven't been working for most of the lockdown period.

Yes they have. Maybe not in the classroom but the workload is just as much, if not more. My parents are both still working full time despite not always teaching in the school itself.

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:01 - May 19 with 720 viewstractordownsouth

Fun fact: He also stood for UKIP in the 1999 EU elections. He was last on the regional list but the leader, who did win a seat, got chucked out of the party for using his maiden speech to call for increased EU powers.

Potentially the greatest bit of trolling in political history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Holmes_(politician)

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:05 - May 19 with 711 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

George Useless is another terrible minister on 19:50 - May 19 by tractordownsouth

Yes they have. Maybe not in the classroom but the workload is just as much, if not more. My parents are both still working full time despite not always teaching in the school itself.

Your parents work at my sons school?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:06 - May 19 with 708 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:51 - May 19 by mrshallisfit

Oh well. That must be right then. I'm a teacher and my workload has changed but it doesn't much less intense then if I was in school. I agree there are some schools out that have been culpable but lots have been excellent.

Are you sure you're a teacher?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:11 - May 19 with 706 viewstractordownsouth

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:05 - May 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Your parents work at my sons school?

No but they teach. Have you asked what the teachers are doing or have you assumed they're not working just because they're not in the classroom 100% of the time?

Login to get fewer ads

George Useless is another terrible minister on 21:08 - May 19 with 683 viewsBlueBadger

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:11 - May 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most teachers at my sons school haven't been working for most of the lockdown period.

Strange to generalise that specific sub group of people merely as'haven't been working'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

George Useless is another terrible minister on 21:25 - May 19 with 675 viewsSpruceMoose

How do you know? Surely you're too busy concentrating on your own work to know what they're doing?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

George Useless is another terrible minister on 21:28 - May 19 with 672 viewsSpruceMoose

George Useless is another terrible minister on 20:11 - May 19 by tractordownsouth

No but they teach. Have you asked what the teachers are doing or have you assumed they're not working just because they're not in the classroom 100% of the time?

Maybe they've had one too many Teacher/Parent nights with the dad and given the kid up as a lost cause.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 21:38]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

George Useless is another terrible minister on 23:31 - May 19 with 622 viewsBlueNomad

George Useless is another terrible minister on 18:15 - May 19 by Swansea_Blue

Ours have been great. Daily updates, the set work needs to be submitted daily and we get regular feedback. That's for 2 separate schools. One of our kids teachers worked through the Easter holiday too because they knew parents were finding it hard to keep on top of the work.

Anyone criticising teachers need a kick up the @rse. It's part of a nasty trend creeping in whereby anyone who stands up for a value other than making the most money for shareholders is considered a traitor. We saw the same in the doctors strike a few years back, and now the same people who were criticising the docs are lining up to clap them.

Some teachers will be struggling to adjust and some may take the pee and be downing tools, that's inevitable But my experience is that teachers are busting a gut to do what's best for the kids. Look at Mullers on here who went out of his way to provide a whole load of resources to help those of us home schooling. Anyone kicking back against stuff like this just because they're dumbly soaking up the ideas of some contrarian in the press or on social media needs a good seeing to (non violently of course, maybe ).

I hate people sometimes, I really do. I need another trip out to a country where people have very little but are so much more generous than we are in the West to restore my faith in humanity.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:23]

Believe me teachers have been working and did over Easter too. Kids are being set work, it is marked and sent back to them. There are mechanisms in place in respect of those not doing the set work.

We have also dealt with disclosures and mental health issues too. Parents have been given their usual support and advice. Other than that we haven’t been doing much.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 23:34]
George Useless is another terrible minister on 11:46 - May 20 with 560 viewsgiant_stow

George Useless is another terrible minister on 23:31 - May 19 by BlueNomad

Believe me teachers have been working and did over Easter too. Kids are being set work, it is marked and sent back to them. There are mechanisms in place in respect of those not doing the set work.

We have also dealt with disclosures and mental health issues too. Parents have been given their usual support and advice. Other than that we haven’t been doing much.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 23:34]

I asked my question about as personally, our kid isn't get any of that or very little: hes set a couple of tasks on a monday and that's it. Most of it isn;t returned marked - the odd bit comes back with 'well done' and no other feedback.

Edit: in the interests of fairness, his teacher has just rung him. maybe she's an twtd reader.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 12:46]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024