Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert talking again... 22:25 - May 19 with 1890 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8337581/amp/Paul-Lambert-bl

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert talking again... on 22:27 - May 19 with 1866 viewsSpruceMoose

You missed out 'out of his arse' from your title.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert talking again... on 22:27 - May 19 with 1867 viewsBlueBadger

'Paul Lambert says it is a 'disgrace' that the EFL has not yet made a decision on the fate of the current season.'

Yes, mainly because you've been trying to find a way to get a playoff spot that you totally don't deserve Paul.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I can't even be bothered.... on 22:30 - May 19 with 1832 viewsBloots

….to read his hackneyed old ramblings anymore.

It'll just be a load of cliched soundbites where he's trying to ingratiate himself with someone or another.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert talking again... on 22:33 - May 19 with 1828 viewsSitfcB

Lambert talking again... on 22:27 - May 19 by BlueBadger

'Paul Lambert says it is a 'disgrace' that the EFL has not yet made a decision on the fate of the current season.'

Yes, mainly because you've been trying to find a way to get a playoff spot that you totally don't deserve Paul.

Tbf he says...

Lambert said: 'The top 10 having a play-off idea, I don't know who is coming up with these. They must lie at night and come up with another great idea and just put it out there. I mean, that one about turning your face away when you tackle, come on?

...and that’s from the bloke that said we should be able to make 11 changes at HT when football returns. Hahaha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert talking again... on 22:58 - May 19 with 1746 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nothing drastic there, doesn’t say anything I don’t agree with. Wants to finish if safe to do so, but can’t see that right now.

Realistically he is right, but I understand people need to beat him with any stick from any angle.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I can't even be bothered.... on 23:59 - May 19 with 1662 viewsfactual_blue

I can't even be bothered.... on 22:30 - May 19 by Bloots

It'll just be a load of cliched soundbites where he's trying to ingratiate himself with someone or another.

Lambert out.

'Hackneyed', 'Ramblings', 'Clichéd' and 'Soundbites'.

Four clichés right there.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I can't even be bothered.... on 00:30 - May 20 with 1641 viewsStNeotsBlue

I can't even be bothered.... on 22:30 - May 19 by Bloots

Lambert out.

I think Lambert has had a disastrous last 6 or 7 months and has let us down badly so is fair game for criticism, but I can't see anything in that article or the stuff Phil has quoted on the front page that is worthy of digging him out for.
I can't even be bothered.... on 00:55 - May 20 with 1611 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I can't even be bothered.... on 00:30 - May 20 by StNeotsBlue

I think Lambert has had a disastrous last 6 or 7 months and has let us down badly so is fair game for criticism, but I can't see anything in that article or the stuff Phil has quoted on the front page that is worthy of digging him out for.

Please see my post, very much aligned with your thinking here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

I can't even be bothered.... on 06:37 - May 20 with 1530 viewsChrisd

He’s right in what he says, but due to many wanting him out as our manager you can’t be seen to agree with his comments, that just means you’re condoning the signing of his 5 year contract.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 6:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert talking again... on 06:40 - May 20 with 1523 viewsm14_blue

Lambert talking again... on 22:27 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

You missed out 'out of his arse' from your title.

Seems pretty much spot on to me?
I can't even be bothered.... on 07:39 - May 20 with 1448 viewswitchdoctor

haters are gonna hate...
I can't even be bothered.... on 07:40 - May 20 with 1441 viewsBluefish

He has been a disaster throughout

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I can't even be bothered.... on 07:45 - May 20 with 1435 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I can't even be bothered.... on 07:40 - May 20 by Bluefish

You should have mentioned it before.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I can't even be bothered.... on 07:59 - May 20 with 1416 viewspointofblue

I can't even be bothered.... on 07:40 - May 20 by Bluefish

I thought he started fine - we should have beaten Preston and Reading; perhaps our confidence dropped when we failed to do so. Add to that the number of ridiculously pointless signings he made in January just made us more muddled. Other than the August to October run, where results obscured performances, we’ve never recovered from then.

He should go but he said nothing wrong in that article.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I can't even be bothered.... on 08:17 - May 20 with 1389 viewsBluefish

I can't even be bothered.... on 07:45 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

You should have mentioned it before.

If only a few more people had

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert talking again... on 08:45 - May 20 with 1353 viewsWD19

Lambert talking again... on 22:27 - May 19 by BlueBadger

There is a surplus ‘l’ and ‘spot’ in your post.
Lambert talking again... on 08:50 - May 20 with 1341 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert talking again... on 22:58 - May 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Nothing drastic there, doesn’t say anything I don’t agree with. Wants to finish if safe to do so, but can’t see that right now.

Realistically he is right, but I understand people need to beat him with any stick from any angle.

The headline is a bit emotive, but the context of what he's talking about seems fine to me. This 10 team playoff idea is barking mad.

I think we're all in the same position here. We'd all like to either see the season finished or just call it a day. They need to make a decision based on the evidence they have. Nothing worse than being stuck in limbo, no clubs can plan anything around in a vacuum of decision making from the league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm not "digging him out" for anything in..... on 09:03 - May 20 with 1310 viewsBloots

….the article.

I was pretty clear in saying that I didn't read it.

I've got no interest in his views on football.

The only interview I want to hear from him will be his exit one.

Poor little Paulie..... on 09:13 - May 20 with 1293 viewsBloots

Lambert talking again... on 22:58 - May 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

….what a bunch of rotters we are.

I can't even be bothered.... on 10:12 - May 20 with 1252 viewsmonty_radio

It does seem as if Lambert and the club are at odds over this.

M.E. has supported The Peterborough letter, but this reads as if Lambert just wants to bow to the inevitable, and shut it all down.

Does leave room for the good ol' conspiracy, mind: 1) season officially done 2) Marcus invokes break clause as permitted under clause 47: "we have a rubbish season and miss out on instant promotion by a country mile" 3) Marcus gives 'Arry" a call.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert talking again... on 10:26 - May 20 with 1234 viewsWickets

Well i just read the article and agree but there you go !
Lambert talking again... on 11:18 - May 20 with 1197 viewsWD19

Lambert talking again... on 10:26 - May 20 by Wickets

Well i just read the article and agree but there you go !

So.....and I don’t want to put words in your mouth.....you think this article is good PR for our manager!?
Lambert talking again... on 11:31 - May 20 with 1159 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert talking again... on 11:18 - May 20 by WD19

So.....and I don’t want to put words in your mouth.....you think this article is good PR for our manager!?

I think that, by itself, it's pretty neutral. But when you read in past slightly angry but commonplace responses to ideas and challenges, it's not so good.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert talking again... on 12:17 - May 20 with 1139 viewsWickets

I think its fine for him to give his views , its up to others if they agree or not . Thats my thought on it . I agree PL has well under performed for the last half of the season or so but myself i dont feel the need to find fault with everything he says or does .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024