Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The more I read about the NZ PM 07:50 - May 20 with 1853 viewsbluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/20/jacinda-ardern-flags-four-day-work

The more I like her. Progressive, insightful, decent and above all dedicated to doing good things for her citizens. She shows to those of us thoroughly disillusioned with our politics that there is a better way :-)

Have a good one Twtdrs. Off motorbiking to a few beauty spots today. #thinkbike

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The more I read about the NZ PM on 09:17 - May 20 with 1754 viewsITFC_Forever

Shows it can be done with class and dignity.

It'll never catch on.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The more I read about the NZ PM on 09:57 - May 20 with 1705 viewsJakeITFC

New Zealanders also have a brilliantly quirky accent, got a lot of time for them.
The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:13 - May 20 with 1688 viewsfactual_blue

The more I read about the NZ PM on 09:57 - May 20 by JakeITFC

New Zealanders also have a brilliantly quirky accent, got a lot of time for them.

Particularly if they're inviting you into the garden and ask you 'to come round the back to sit on our dick'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:22 - May 20 with 1674 viewsNthQldITFC

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:13 - May 20 by factual_blue

Particularly if they're inviting you into the garden and ask you 'to come round the back to sit on our dick'.

...'where you can eat your fush end chups un piss'

a=e
e=i
i=u

Great place, great people but.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:28 - May 20 with 1661 viewsWeWereZombies

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:22 - May 20 by NthQldITFC

...'where you can eat your fush end chups un piss'

a=e
e=i
i=u

Great place, great people but.

The fish are so different out there, and the option to have them steamed as an alternative to breaded or battered is something that should be done everywhere.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:24 - May 20 with 1602 viewsfactual_blue

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:28 - May 20 by WeWereZombies

The fish are so different out there, and the option to have them steamed as an alternative to breaded or battered is something that should be done everywhere.

If you love fish, Fleur's Place is the only restaurant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:37 - May 20 with 1581 viewsreusersfreekicks

She show's the benefit of having a grounded insightful person leading your country. As opposed to to ours....
The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:46 - May 20 with 1567 viewshype313

The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:37 - May 20 by reusersfreekicks

She show's the benefit of having a grounded insightful person leading your country. As opposed to to ours....

Comparing Bojo with Arden is like Comparing Hurst to Sir Bob.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

The more I read about the NZ PM on 12:53 - May 20 with 1503 viewsDarth_Koont

Arden and Sturgeon plus Jakobsdottir of Iceland have already formed the Wellbeing Economy Alliance to promote exactly what you're talking about on a global scale.

Backed by Joseph Stiglitz who is a hugely insightful and forward-thinking economist. Amongst other things, his book The Great Divide is superb at describing the inherent problems and system failures in conventional Western economies and as a result societies.

At the risk of turning this into another independence thread, it's another indication of the different trajectory Scotland is already on and wants to follow further.

It'll probably take years, possibly a decade or two even with Coronavirus providing a wake-up call, for UK politics as a whole to become that progressive. There's still too much to be gained politically and individually from propping up the status quo and serving vested interests. And still too much to lose by challenging it.

Pronouns: He/Him

The more I read about the NZ PM on 16:30 - May 20 with 1395 viewsLibero

She cool.
The more I read about the NZ PM on 17:53 - May 20 with 1336 viewsAce_High1

They have done a great job on this.

Even Scott Morrison has managed to win back some confidence after the shambles of the bush fires and his trip to Hawaii.
The more I read about the NZ PM on 07:50 - May 21 with 1181 viewsjimmyvet

The more I read about the NZ PM on 12:53 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

Arden and Sturgeon plus Jakobsdottir of Iceland have already formed the Wellbeing Economy Alliance to promote exactly what you're talking about on a global scale.

Backed by Joseph Stiglitz who is a hugely insightful and forward-thinking economist. Amongst other things, his book The Great Divide is superb at describing the inherent problems and system failures in conventional Western economies and as a result societies.

At the risk of turning this into another independence thread, it's another indication of the different trajectory Scotland is already on and wants to follow further.

It'll probably take years, possibly a decade or two even with Coronavirus providing a wake-up call, for UK politics as a whole to become that progressive. There's still too much to be gained politically and individually from propping up the status quo and serving vested interests. And still too much to lose by challenging it.

DK so lying and misleading the Scottish electorate is fine then ? You are constantly along with others calling Johnson out for being a liar but Sturgeon gets a free pass on this. Double standards don’t you think. And as for integrity to lead a party so immersed in sexual scandal in past few years and the Leader apparently has no knowledge of this is again she is either a liar or she has no control over her party, so what is it? Add to that a failing education system, scandals involving millions wasted in ship yards I think you are stretching it comparing her as a beacon across the globe.
The more I read about the NZ PM on 08:12 - May 21 with 1160 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The more I read about the NZ PM on 07:50 - May 21 by jimmyvet

DK so lying and misleading the Scottish electorate is fine then ? You are constantly along with others calling Johnson out for being a liar but Sturgeon gets a free pass on this. Double standards don’t you think. And as for integrity to lead a party so immersed in sexual scandal in past few years and the Leader apparently has no knowledge of this is again she is either a liar or she has no control over her party, so what is it? Add to that a failing education system, scandals involving millions wasted in ship yards I think you are stretching it comparing her as a beacon across the globe.

Fan of the 4 day week and other progressive policies the "beacon" embodies then Jimmy! Bet you love Orcasio-Cortez too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The more I read about the NZ PM on 09:04 - May 21 with 1112 viewsSwansea_Blue

The more I read about the NZ PM on 09:17 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Shows it can be done with class and dignity.

It'll never catch on.

And with humility, compassion, integrity, strength, care, honesty, maturity, responsibility, intelligence, sensitivity... basically everything that our a-holes lack.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The more I read about the NZ PM on 10:56 - May 21 with 1050 viewsDarth_Koont

The more I read about the NZ PM on 07:50 - May 21 by jimmyvet

That's just noise, Jimmy. An insistent but desperate wail.

Pronouns: He/Him

The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:01 - May 21 with 1027 viewshatch

I've been saying for sometime that I think she will go down in history for her impact. More remarkable when you consider NZ has had quite a quiet time of it before she took the role and she has since had to lead the country through:

- Terrorist attacks
- High profile murder of British backpacker
- Devastating volcano
- Covid-19

and
- Losing the Cricket World Cup Final
The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:14 - May 21 with 1001 viewsSwansea_Blue

The more I read about the NZ PM on 11:01 - May 21 by hatch

I've been saying for sometime that I think she will go down in history for her impact. More remarkable when you consider NZ has had quite a quiet time of it before she took the role and she has since had to lead the country through:

- Terrorist attacks
- High profile murder of British backpacker
- Devastating volcano
- Covid-19

and
- Losing the Cricket World Cup Final

So it was a peaceful country, she comes along and they've had death, war and pestilence already? Just need famine for the full house.

I'm changing my view then; she doesn't sound as thought she's been good luck for them!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024