Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? 11:52 - May 20 with 1747 viewsPhilTWTD

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 11:55 - May 20 with 1710 viewsfactual_blue

I seem to be unable to record a vote of 'I don't care'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 11:59 - May 20 with 1686 viewsBluefish

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 11:55 - May 20 by factual_blue

The option we are all looking for is

We never want to see PRP manage another game ever for ITFC. The closest option is therefore B

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:15 - May 20 with 1653 viewsITFC_Forever

From an ITFC point of view, it doesn't matter as we shouldn't be in them anyway.

As a neutral, given there are only 3 points separating 2nd from 8th, it was about to boil up in to an exciting finish for those clubs involved, so I think it would be a more satisfactory solution than a weighted / unweighted PPG.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:26 - May 20 with 1634 viewsKropotkin123

So long as it is a weighted play-off system. One like I explain in this post -
Accrington Chairman by tractorboy1978 16 May 2020 9:16
Going off on one on Twitter again this morning. Getting agreement looks like it's going to be extremely difficult - not sure how any solution is going to get the required support unless the EFL can obtain money and sweeten the deal for the smaller clubs in the league.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:26 - May 20 with 1636 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes, 3rd to 10th. Weighted in favour of the teams higher up, such as one off games with them at home.

I'm in favour of this even if they finish the table with one of the PPG models and we finish 11th.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:37 - May 20 with 1605 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:15 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

From an ITFC point of view, it doesn't matter as we shouldn't be in them anyway.

As a neutral, given there are only 3 points separating 2nd from 8th, it was about to boil up in to an exciting finish for those clubs involved, so I think it would be a more satisfactory solution than a weighted / unweighted PPG.

Why start at third? The gap between Rotherham and Oxford is only 2pts...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:17 - May 20 with 1554 viewsPinewoodblue

While it doesn’t seem appropriate for Ipswich to be a part of any play off series it does seem right to increase the number of clubs involved. Wycombe are currently 8th but only 1 pt adrift of this placed Oxford with a game un hand. Perhaps it should be 5th play 8th and 6th v7th with winners going into play teams placed 3rd and 4th. Final to be in a neutral ground.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:29 - May 20 with 1543 viewsKeno

Where are the options for

"meh'

and

Lambert Out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:42 - May 20 with 1519 viewsITFC_Forever

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:37 - May 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I said second.... J2 is the one who can't count.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 13:42]

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:48 - May 20 with 1504 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 11:55 - May 20 by factual_blue

I think I'm in that category too.

OK, if it goes ahead and we get promoted, I'm not going to complain. But I think (a) the concept is flawed, and (b) there are more important things going on. Oh, an it's a lovely day so I'm going to have a late lunch sat out in the sunshine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:55 - May 20 with 1494 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:42 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Sorry you did- got confused between the avatars!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 14:01 - May 20 with 1479 viewsWeWereZombies

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:48 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

I think I'm in that category too.

OK, if it goes ahead and we get promoted, I'm not going to complain. But I think (a) the concept is flawed, and (b) there are more important things going on. Oh, an it's a lovely day so I'm going to have a late lunch sat out in the sunshine.

I sort of care, in that I think the only equitable thing to do is treat the season like an abandoned match and all the teams that started the Third Division last August line up as they were this August, or September, or whenever it is safe to go again, and we restart 2019/20 as 2020/21 - and this should happen throughout all the divisions. And if the television and betting companies want to lump in and start prosecuting clubs then the Government should remove whatever franchises and permissions they (edit - betting and television companies, not clubs and football authorities) have.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 21:10]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:11 - May 20 with 1424 viewsdickie

I think they should finish the season across the board but only once things can return to normal. Scrap 20/21 instead of necessary
Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:12 - May 20 with 1416 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:42 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Can't count? 8 team play off 3rd - 10th?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:22 - May 20 with 1398 viewsITFC_Forever

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:12 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Can't count? 8 team play off 3rd - 10th?

Sorry, we have our wires crossed.

Any POs should be 2nd - 8th inclusive.

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:40 - May 20 with 1371 viewsPinewoodblue

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:22 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Sorry, we have our wires crossed.

Any POs should be 2nd - 8th inclusive.

7 teams in a play off how will that work?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:58 - May 20 with 1348 viewsk1au5y

Does it need to be a playoff? Can’t there be a mini league between teams willing and able to play, after which the league table is based on PPG (normal season points and mini league combined). Teams not playing on will have their PPG from the normal season. Teams can then “earn” their way to promotion or out of relegation. Top three go up
Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 16:05 - May 20 with 1338 viewsChrisd

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 13:17 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

While it doesn’t seem appropriate for Ipswich to be a part of any play off series it does seem right to increase the number of clubs involved. Wycombe are currently 8th but only 1 pt adrift of this placed Oxford with a game un hand. Perhaps it should be 5th play 8th and 6th v7th with winners going into play teams placed 3rd and 4th. Final to be in a neutral ground.

Very much like the model used in the National Leagues for their play offs. Weighted towards the higher placed sides.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 18:27 - May 20 with 1248 viewspointofblue

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 12:37 - May 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Then again, using that argument, why promote Coventry? They’re seven points clear of third with ten games left. We were first, six points clear of third, on October 20th; ten games later we were fourth. Not saying Coventry would have collapsed in the same way but it’s possible they would have done.

Edit: not “it seems possible” they may have collapsed.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 19:16]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 18:39 - May 20 with 1222 viewsChrisd

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 18:27 - May 20 by pointofblue

Then again, using that argument, why promote Coventry? They’re seven points clear of third with ten games left. We were first, six points clear of third, on October 20th; ten games later we were fourth. Not saying Coventry would have collapsed in the same way but it’s possible they would have done.

Edit: not “it seems possible” they may have collapsed.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 19:16]

When they have lost 3 league games all season it seems very unlikely, possible but very unlikely.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 18:40 - May 20 with 1219 viewsITFC_Forever

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 15:40 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

7 teams in a play off how will that work?

Bottom 2 play a one-off preliminary possibly?

Or simply make it too 8, and Cov can go in them too.

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 18:57 - May 20 with 1197 viewsm14_blue

Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 14:01 - May 20 by WeWereZombies

I sort of care, in that I think the only equitable thing to do is treat the season like an abandoned match and all the teams that started the Third Division last August line up as they were this August, or September, or whenever it is safe to go again, and we restart 2019/20 as 2020/21 - and this should happen throughout all the divisions. And if the television and betting companies want to lump in and start prosecuting clubs then the Government should remove whatever franchises and permissions they (edit - betting and television companies, not clubs and football authorities) have.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 21:10]

Couldn’t agree more.

And if any clubs start complaining about it not being fair the answer should be - “50,000 people have died, so tough sh1t.”
Are you in favour of the proposal to extend the League One play-offs? on 19:11 - May 20 with 1175 viewstextbackup

the same process/end of season finish has to be the exact same across all 4 divisions IMO, otherwise doing it league by league makes it a joke.

If we were to be involved id be embarrassed - if we miss out to Gillingham i'll laugh at the joke of a club we've become

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024