Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, that will be no bad thing 12:00 - May 20 with 916 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52724901

I've never understood why this country classes 'shopping' as a past-time.

That aside, if the likes of M&S haven't realised that shopping habits have 'already' changed and would have continued to do so, corona virus aside, that might be why they are struggling.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, that will be no bad thing on 12:31 - May 20 with 870 viewsJ2BLUE

They should go food only.

The average spend in M&S Food is £13 so perhaps online wasn't considered such an important aspect of their business. M&S is one of the few food retailers where actually going and doing your own shopping can be a decent experience.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, that will be no bad thing on 12:35 - May 20 with 867 viewsGuthrum

Also, will High Street landlords realise that charging through the nose is no longer the cash-cow it once might have been. With more shops going online-only (distribution warehouse space being much cheaper), hiking rents is only going to lose them more tenants.

Puffing up the notional value of their property (and the loan-leverage that brings) is all very well, but having no real-world income is going to catch up eventually.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, that will be no bad thing on 14:06 - May 20 with 829 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well, that will be no bad thing on 12:35 - May 20 by Guthrum

Also, will High Street landlords realise that charging through the nose is no longer the cash-cow it once might have been. With more shops going online-only (distribution warehouse space being much cheaper), hiking rents is only going to lose them more tenants.

Puffing up the notional value of their property (and the loan-leverage that brings) is all very well, but having no real-world income is going to catch up eventually.

Planning policy needs to change to allow for the size of the retail centres (and probably office districts) to reduce, and be replaced by residential.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well, that will be no bad thing on 14:08 - May 20 with 824 viewsStokieBlue

I used to shop online using Ocado but often I would pop into shops to get something for the evening. Now however I have found suppliers direct who deliver great quality and reasonable prices and I don't see me moving away from them going forward.

I think a lot of people will be in this boat and it could be a boon for independents.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well, that will be no bad thing on 14:08 - May 20 with 823 viewsGeoffSentence

Well, that will be no bad thing on 14:06 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Planning policy needs to change to allow for the size of the retail centres (and probably office districts) to reduce, and be replaced by residential.

Or huge pubs so we can have a pint whilst socially distancing

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well, that will be no bad thing on 21:06 - May 20 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, that will be no bad thing on 14:08 - May 20 by GeoffSentence

Or huge pubs so we can have a pint whilst socially distancing

It’s fine, alcohol kills the virus. Pubs are the safest place .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024