Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread 15:36 - May 20 with 1643 viewsWeWereZombies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Youds

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 16:17 - May 20 with 1587 viewsSteve_M

When you say 'reasonably prolific' do expand please.

- Injured on debut
- Subbed off when Forrest get sent off after two minutes;
- One goal;
- One comedy own goal (that wasn't even the best own goal in that match);
- Stole a TWTD poster's girlfriend;
- Bombed out of the club by Burley for refusing to compromise on his social life.

He was pretty good for Charlton though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:06 - May 20 with 1482 viewsWeWereZombies

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 16:17 - May 20 by Steve_M

- Injured on debut
- One goal;
- Bombed out of the club by Burley for refusing to compromise on his social life.

Wikipedia has him down as making forty four appearances (fifteen substitutions) for us. I must have seen him play but I doubt whether I could tell you which was which if you showed me photos of Tony Dinning and Eddie Youds.

I didn't know about the TWTD poster's girlfriend, was it J2?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:07 - May 20 with 1473 viewsSwansea_Blue

There’s an inherent flaw in asking posters to name players they’ve forgotten...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:10 - May 20 with 1468 viewsPJH

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:07 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

There’s an inherent flaw in asking posters to name players they’ve forgotten...

Maybe there should be a 'forget players you have remembered' thread.
Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:18 - May 20 with 1454 viewsColin_Viljoen

When he arrived from Everton he was refered to as the new Alan Hansen!
Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:20 - May 20 with 1449 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 16:17 - May 20 by Steve_M

- Injured on debut
- One goal;

Wait, stole a TWTD posters girlfriend??? 🤣

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:12 - May 20 with 1400 viewsNthsuffolkblue

- Injured on debut
- One goal;

I remember seeing his debut. It was away somewhere wasn't it? I hadn't seen that he had signed and when they read his name on the team sheet over the tannoy I assumed they had said Tony Humes. He looked really good until he went off injured.

Didn't he form a really solid defensive partnership with someone? I seemed to recall in a season we ended up losing a play-off semi to a Charlton team who were even more solid defensively and we never looked like we would break down (but the dates don't match up on Wiki so my memory is obviously a bit muddled there). He then went and joined them and formed a solid partnership with Danny Mills I think.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:20 - May 20 with 1389 viewsblueprint

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:12 - May 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I remember seeing his debut. It was away somewhere wasn't it? I hadn't seen that he had signed and when they read his name on the team sheet over the tannoy I assumed they had said Tony Humes. He looked really good until he went off injured.

Didn't he form a really solid defensive partnership with someone? I seemed to recall in a season we ended up losing a play-off semi to a Charlton team who were even more solid defensively and we never looked like we would break down (but the dates don't match up on Wiki so my memory is obviously a bit muddled there). He then went and joined them and formed a solid partnership with Danny Mills I think.

Away at Derby iirc. I think it was the day Derby had a minutes silence for Robert Maxwell which was the loudest minutes silence I’ve ever heard.
Login to get fewer ads

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:42 - May 20 with 1358 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:12 - May 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

He played alongside Richard Rufus who was a solid defender. Mills played at right back and Mark Bowen at left back.

We still should have beaten them in the play-offs. Nothing went right for us in the home leg. Out of the teams we had from 1995 - 2000, the 97-98 Town side was the best of the lot.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 08:22 - May 21 with 1248 viewsSteve_M

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:20 - May 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wait, stole a TWTD posters girlfriend??? 🤣

Yes, late 90s TWTD and the bloke must have recounted it a few years after the event given when Youds left the club. I think he had just chatted her up in a club and she had decided a footballer was more interesting than a TWTD poster.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 09:09 - May 21 with 1212 viewsNthQldITFC

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 21:10 - May 20 by PJH

Maybe there should be a 'forget players you have remembered' thread.

Graham who?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 09:21 - May 21 with 1202 viewsMattinLondon

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:42 - May 20 by The_Last_Baron

He played alongside Richard Rufus who was a solid defender. Mills played at right back and Mark Bowen at left back.

We still should have beaten them in the play-offs. Nothing went right for us in the home leg. Out of the teams we had from 1995 - 2000, the 97-98 Town side was the best of the lot.

Was that the game we lost 1-0 or It was 0-0? Think both David Johnston and Tarricco almost lost it with the Charlton players?

That game I remember as the North Stand being the most partisan I’ve ever heard it.
Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 13:44 - May 21 with 1119 viewsPlums

Did we miss this, reasonably prolific, player out of the 'forgotten them' thread on 22:20 - May 20 by blueprint

Away at Derby iirc. I think it was the day Derby had a minutes silence for Robert Maxwell which was the loudest minutes silence I’ve ever heard.

What an evening that was!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024